What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

do Bangladeshis know urdu? & watch Pakistani TV Channels now?

P.S: My Family use to live in Khulna before 1971 & than move to Karachi long before my birth, i want to visit Bangladesh with my mom....:)

To many of non-Bangalis Bengali language is too foreign. But, for many people in Bangladesh Urdu/Hindi is not that foreign. Many understand it and many can speak with a little awkward intonations. So, when you visit with your mother you do not have to worry about a thing. 1971 is long past. People will certainly welcome your family any where in Bangladesh. You will not feel you are in a foreign country.

Zakir has told me in the past he is not bengali. Captain says he's Arab. Unlikely, but anything is possible in Bangladesh.

Nobody knows really and not that it really matters :P

Myself do have a central Asian ancestry in Chittagong. Many in the Chittagong region have mixed genes over the many ages. But then, that doesn't mean I'm Persian or something :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chittagong

I'm Bengali, through and through.

One more question - do any BD students come to India to study? In Mumbai I've met students from Africa, Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritius - even China - but never a Bangladeshi. Or if at all they come they prefer Calcutta and Delhi?

I do not know about India being a popular destination for BD students.

Most of the overseas higher education consultants based in BD do so for North America, EU, Australia and Malaysia.

Compaq but every one is suspecting that was not the cause of the death as laptop was 3-4 ft away and the chair where the laptop was kept did not burn. By the way he is nephew of Minister Kamrul Islam.

2012-10-08-00-34-48-Laptop-TM.jpg

Qamrul's nephew 'burned to death' | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

hey i love the Bangladeshi style Chinese food & i find the restaurant Cathay in gulshan1 the best in taste , when i visited Dhaka i had tried this one place called lemon grass which was also quiet good can you guys recommend me some nice Chinese restaurant in Dhaka

If you love deshi style Chinese food, I can recommend some which are not of Gulshan, Banani genre but deliver real tasty cuisine provided you're gonna give us treat ;).

@Bombay Dude you came again with your Federer account??? Try to be nice from this time if you do not want this account to be permanent ban again like your other account...:lol: :rofl:

no i cant. i don't like eating outside. But we do want to know about your experience in Bangladesh...

boltu aazidane and zabanya should know about chinese restaurants

Farhan seems to be a goody goody boy, oh...you are a doctor :D .

Well i wouldn't call it a buffet its more like package e.g.2-3 items with fried rice or chaomin @250-300 tk ,and its a good treat for students like me who has to live on his pocket money.I find their food tasty enough.

Actually Boomers has two options- package and buffet, they recently started buffet.

By the way, do you know one historical fact that while Hazrat Shahjalal never married in Bengal, but ALL his disciples took local women as their wives. These disciples were and their descendents still remain 'Shaikh.' So, in the very beginning the descendents were no more pure blooded Arabs. On top it, Arabs are not super human being. They are just like others or other muslims of other countries where also the muslims dominated the politics of those regions for many Centuries.

So, if the Arabs were brave and they fought and built empires in many parts, so did all other muslims of other zones that include also Bengal. So, an Arab and a non-arab Muslim were equally brave and equally Muslim. Non-Arab Muslims also proved themselves at certain juncture of history.

People should identify himself not by his creed (it is the expressed wish of Allah). He is supposed to be identified with his native land he was born. Iran's Ayatullah Khomeini was a Syed and his forefathers were Arab. But, he identified himself not an Arab but an Irani. This is what every one should do. Am I wrong?

Another matter, are the descendents of domiciled Arabs in Begal, India or Pakistan are given any VIP treatment in Arabia? Certainly not. Then, why people should try to brag about that which exactly Allah has forbidden?

Did this knock the Arabian horse's brain :azn: ?

By the way, do you know one historical fact that while Hazrat Shahjalal never married in Bengal, but ALL his disciples took local women as their wives. These disciples were and their descendents still remain 'Shaikh.' So, in the very beginning the descendents were no more pure blooded Arabs. On top it, Arabs are not super human being. They are just like others or other muslims of other countries where also the muslims dominated the politics of those regions for many Centuries.

So, if the Arabs were brave and they fought and built empires in many parts, so did all other muslims of other zones that include also Bengal. So, an Arab and a non-arab Muslim were equally brave and equally Muslim. Non-Arab Muslims also proved themselves at certain juncture of history.

People should identify himself not by his creed (it is the expressed wish of Allah). He is supposed to be identified with his native land he was born. Iran's Ayatullah Khomeini was a Syed and his forefathers were Arab. But, he identified himself not an Arab but an Irani. This is what every one should do. Am I wrong?

Another matter, are the descendents of domiciled Arabs in Begal, India or Pakistan are given any VIP treatment in Arabia? Certainly not. Then, why people should try to brag about that which exactly Allah has forbidden?

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
-Hazrat Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (P.B.U.H)

Farhan seems to be a goody goody boy, oh...you are a doctor :D .

Yup bro, I am actually ' ma ka ladla' ! I still don't eat myself, ma khaway dey! lool!!

Few days ago my cousin invited me in Sonarga0n. I didn't go as i hate restaurants. Sent my mother. They took 2400/- per head for buffet!

Yup bro, I am actually ' ma ka ladla' ! I still don't eat myself, ma khaway dey! lool!!

Few days ago my cousin invited me in Sonarga0n. I didn't go as i hate restaurants. Sent my mother. They took 2400/- per head for buffet!

Sonargaon charging 2400/head? Pfft....ripoff :rofl:

I've eaten there a couple of times during corporate parties. And trust me, their food ain't that good.

However, I on the other hand love eating out! :D A habit from Thailand where people don't even have kitchens :D

Yup bro, I am actually ' ma
Not only resturants,i like all the habijabi foods of the street as well.I would say its your loss not to try outside food. At least for once go 'habijabi' :P
During last Ramadan, my amma and aunties went there for an Iftar party which was a buffet as well.After returning to home she was like 'why on earth someone would go there and pay so much money for such rubbish food.Our kajer bua would cook better.':D

I eat Habijabi a lot. I just don't like to eat in expensive places. Doesn't suit me!!

Back
Top Bottom