What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

^^back at Dhaka I with one of my friend were famous among our friends as connoisseur !!!, Habijabi's at everywhere. I just came to USA couple of month ago and already missing those street foods+ many more. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:.. By the way this is my first post in PDF since I moved to USA.

^^back at Dhaka I with one of my friend were famous among our friends as connoisseur !!!, Habijabi's at everywhere. I just came to USA couple of month ago and already missing those street foods+ many more. By the way this is my first post in PDF since I moved to USA.

:cry::cry::cry:

do Bangladeshis know urdu? & watch Pakistani TV Channels now?

P.S: My Family use to live in Khulna before 1971 & than move to Karachi long before my birth, i want to visit Bangladesh with my mom....:)

Not many, kutti's from old town would definitely. Many in Dhaka would understand the dialect but not talk much. No, we don't get any many Pakistani TV channels in dish network.

Zakir has told me in the past he is not bengali. Captain says he's Arab. Unlikely, but anything is possible in Bangladesh.

One more question - do any BD students come to India to study? In Mumbai I've met students from Africa, Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritius - even China - but never a Bangladeshi. Or if at all they come they prefer Calcutta and Delhi?

For higher education we prefer US, Canada, UK, Australia, EU. A small fragment of people from BD would send their kids to India. Mainly to Darjeeling, Karseoung, Kalimpong, Kolkata, Banglore, Siliguri. Mumbai and Delhi--- i have seen only one female friend of mine who went to school with us and then later did higher edu in Delhi. She works at some company there now.

Actually Boomers has two options- package and buffet, they recently started buffet.

Take the 3 item set menu, i always choose prawn , meat and vegetable. Don't take 2 meat item. dnt taste good much. cost less, taste good. :P Buffet for 500 bucks was there in Dhanmondi for the last couple of years bro...

Where did your family live in Khulna, I was born and grown up there? Is your family Bihari, later shifted to Pakistan or West Pakistani?

i i will ask my mom abt exact location & NO, we are not Bihari we are Aga Khani (Ismailis) & My mother migrated to West Pakistan during the tentions in East Pakistan & even my mom some times tell me the inside story of whts happening on the ground during 1971 & my mom always apraise PAK Army for helping common peoples in Bangladesh during 71 & even my mom reject the allegations on Pak Army cz my mom & dad was in Bangladesh during 71 tentions....

I have a question to BD members- did any of you lose family members in 1971?

Meanwhile in New york,

oppan lungi style:cheesy:

95odpj.jpg

Which one is the best literary work from bangladesh which is translated to english ?

No and i am yet to meet with someone who has lost his family members or dearest ones in 1971.

but the way ur govt tell figures which is in millions than it should not be hard to find some one who lost someone in 71 (If tht figure is correct at all)

for example in 2005 earth quake in Pakistani northern areas & Kashmir almost 80000 peoples died & in this figure u will find atleast one person in every family effected with this even in Karachi u will find so many peoples whos family members died in it.....than why its hard to find those whos loved ones are killed in 71 cz the figure as per hasina & indian is somewhere 3 to 5 million:cheesy:

but the way ur govt tell figures which is in millions than it should not be hard to find some one who lost someone in 71 (If tht figure is correct at all)

for example in 2005 earth quake in Pakistani northern areas & Kashmir almost 80000 peoples died & in this figure u will find atleast one person in every family effected with this even in Karachi u will find so many peoples whos family members died in it.....than why its hard to find those whos loved ones are killed in 71 cz the figure as per hasina & indian is somewhere 3 to 5 million:cheesy:

There is no clear evidence to back up that 3 million figure. In fact, how many people died is not exactly clear.

I have a question to BD members- did any of you lose family members in 1971?

lost grandfather :(

now a question of my own

how bang? like is it through arab ancestery ( decendents of arabs that invaded the subcontinent ? or is it through conversion ? is it possible that muslims in the subcontinent may have arab ancestor ( talking majority )? )

and also i hear that some WB babus consider bangladeshis non bengali . wtf is with that ?

lost grandfather :(

now a question of my own

how bang? like is it through arab ancestery ( decendents of arabs that invaded the subcontinent ? or is it through conversion ? is it possible that muslims in the subcontinent may have arab ancestor ( talking majority )? )

and also i hear that some WB babus consider bangladeshis non bengali . wtf is with that ?

Please elaborate. What happened to your grand father? Was he a freedom fighter?

Back
Top Bottom