What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

Fair enough, I asked because some of these always use urdu on the forum and some others hate the indegenous culture / traditions of Bangladesh. I was curious to know if even some Bengalis hate their mother tongue and culture. (Not following and hating are different).

But looks like it was too personal. Well.

we r Timurids with lungi :D u've got problem with that ???

Baton Rogue is good.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baton-Rouge/192074934162506?rf=145408662191506

All you can eat buffet! By the way, they serve 101 dishes during the evening :D Everything - Chinese, Thai and Indian.

Red Tomato in Dhanmondhi is also really good. Especially their seafood soup:
Red Tomato Restaurant, Dhanmondi, Dhaka | Chinese Restaurant, Dhaka | Online Dhaka Guide ( ?????? ???? ????) - An Information Guide For Dhaka City

If you want to try something more authentic Chinese, then try Mainland China which is in Uttara:
Mainland China Restaurant Reviews, Dhaka City, Bangladesh - TripAdvisor

Thoroughly and utterly wrong :no:

How you are saying so!! As most of the people that I had seen prefer to go to buffet for lunch, dinner or party. Yes sometime Chinese restaurant is also preferred. For example both of my mom and dad dnt like buffet though. But preferring buffet does not mean disliking Chinese foods.

hey i love the Bangladeshi style Chinese food & i find the restaurant Cathay in gulshan1 the best in taste , when i visited Dhaka i had tried this one place called lemon grass which was also quiet good can you guys recommend me some nice Chinese restaurant in Dhaka
You can try out Chilis(Dhanmondi),Boomers(any branch)...I have very little knowledge about Chinese resturants in Dhaka,though there are plenty of them.

This great website can give you some ideas about BD resturants...

Bangladeshi Restaurants

You can try out Chilis(Dhanmondi),Boomers(any branch)...I have very little knowledge about Chinese resturants in Dhaka,though there are plenty of them.

Bangladeshi Restaurants

Man dnt recommend Boomers. I had lunch or dinners over there so many times that I dislike it. But heard recently they have opened buffet there!!!

How you are saying so!! As most of the people that I had seen prefer to go to buffet for lunch, dinner or party. Yes sometime Chinese restaurant is also preferred. For example both of my mom and dad dnt like buffet though. But preferring buffet does not mean disliking Chinese foods.

Depends whom you ask. I've known many people who hate buffet.

People have different perceptions.

Depends whom you ask. I've known many people who hate buffet.

People have different perceptions.

Thats true... only same sort of dish every time but many people only prefer Buffet as they can eat as many time as they want. Even heard that some punk prefer to go to buffer with some box with them and come out taking a big amount of food with them.

Bangladeshi Restaurants

Boomers is the kind of place that kids and college people go. It's good, but not great. Kind of like casual dining.

Fire on Ice is really awesome, with live music. No contest :P
Fire on Ice restaurant uttara, dhaka, bangladesh @ Rd No 11, Dhaka, Bangladesh - Bangladeshi Restaurants

Also love that name :devil:

no i cant. i don't like eating outside. But we do want to know about your experience in Bangladesh...

boltu aazidane and zabanya should know about chinese restaurants

well i have relatives in both Dhaka,Calcutta & Karachi but i grew up out side south Asia, & only visited the three places a'lot of times my experience in Bangladesh have been really good i never felt that i am a non Bengali, believe me but i found the people of Dhaka quiet down to earth they are friendly & nice, & very hospitable, its night life is really good especially in the banani/gulshan/dohs area its one of the best, when we get together & do Adda bazi with Friends & relatives with warm cups of home made coffee the late night drives those rolls from labamba, the visits to agha khan colony man i have some really beautiful memories of Dhaka

believe it or not but i like Bangladesh its just that i don't show it.

Man dnt recommend Boomers. I had lunch or dinners over there so many times that I dislike it. But heard recently they have opened buffet there!!!
Well i wouldn't call it a buffet its more like package e.g.2-3 items with fried rice or chaomin @250-300 tk ,and its a good treat for students like me who has to live on his pocket money.I find their food tasty enough.

Now instead of answering, you are assuming what I want to know. If thats what I wanted to know I would have asked it, because, every non bengali is not Bihari right? I'm not a bengali, but I'm not a Bihari either.

Looks like I asked for some kind of national secret :lol:

Ethnicity: Bengali
Lingual dialect: Shyleti
Like to call my self: Syloti Bangladeshi:D

As for others , Most likely all of them are bengali as well. Zakir is a shyleti like me, while M_saint can compliment Indian trolls in very classic bangla.:azn:

Well i wouldn't call it a buffet its more like package e.g.2-3 items with fried rice or chaomin @250-300 tk ,and its a good treat for students like me who has to live on his pocket money.I find their food tasty enough.

Treat to whom ;).... anyway I liked their beef item forgot the name though... 2-3 item package is not the buffet. Buffet is different. When I used to go there it was the same but fir 3 item it was around 130 taka... Gosh price have been doubled in couple of years.

Boomers is the kind of place that kids and college people go. It's good, but not great. Kind of like casual dining.

Fire on Ice is really awesome, with live music. No contest :P
Fire on Ice restaurant uttara, dhaka, bangladesh @ Rd No 11, Dhaka, Bangladesh - Bangladeshi Restaurants
Also love that name :devil:
Still Uttara has a long way to go to catch up with Dhanmondi :bunny:. Man,only the name 'fire on ice' is kinda catchy otherwise it seems like a place for 'Buira' and boring people.:P

Treat to whom ;).... anyway I liked their beef item forgot the name though... 2-3 item package is not the buffet. Buffet is different. When I used to go there it was the same but fir 3 item it was around 130 taka... Gosh price have been doubled in couple of years.
Treat for my well wishers.:angel:

Back
Top Bottom