What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

What's this thing about Bengali nationalism as opposed to Bangladeshi nationalism?

Bengali nationalism is a crooked up non-existent ideology invented by India and BAL. It doesn't exist nor does this non-sense include our Islamic identity that shaped our culture as well. Its not even there in BD current constitution. And chakmas and other indigenous minorites won't agree to it ever. They won't ever call themselves bengalis.

Bangladeshi nationalism also include all those non-bengali citizens of our country and also gives us a distinct identity i.e shaped by ISLAM and different from WB which is nothing but India. Our nationality is bangladeshi. The term was coined by Pres.ZIA to unite the country after the disaster of 72-75.

Why there is no political manifesto to make BD rickshawfree at least in long run? Like by 2040.

What is current situation ? Regime is still more powerful or civilian government has the last word ?

What is Political situation in Bangladesh ? Can Haseena win next general election ?

Current situation is very volatile as BAL wants to keep their hold on power no matter what. For that reason they have removed the care taker system ( a neutral gov that is responsible for holding general elections as elections under the governing party was never fair in BD's history). This CTG system was actually demanded by these BAL dalals themselves in 96 when they were in opposition and did a lot of hangama and vandalism in BD to implement this system but now since they are in power and know that they will utterly lose the next election they want to hold the election themselves for the purpose of vote-rigging.Neither BNP the major opp party nor the people will ever agree to it and as such Election under BAL won't be recognized by the International community.

As for your next question , NO Hasina won't win an election under a neutral CT goverment. At best Awamileague can get around 50-60 seats like in 2001. Chances are that they will get even less.

Why there is no political manifesto to make BD rickshawfree at least in long run? Like by 2040.

A law is certainly needed to get rid of rickshaws. But, have we already developed substitute modes of transportation? When more autobikes, bicycles and buses are available, and there are better paying jobs, Rickshaws will automatically fade into oblivion. May be a little push by law will be needed.

There are many poor countries in Africa where there is no rickshaw. I do not know how they manage or what substitutes they use. If they can, why cant we...........I am not saying for traffic jam, but for humanity context.

There are many poor countries in Africa where there is no rickshaw. I do not know how they manage or what substitutes they use. If they can, why cant we...........I am not saying for traffic jam, but for humanity context.

haven't seen this Rickshaw in dhaka, but in my district almost 50% rickshaw use batteries.

Bengali nationalism is a crooked up non-existent ideology invented by India and BAL. It doesn't exist nor does this non-sense include our Islamic identity that shaped our culture as well. Its not even there in BD current constitution. And chakmas and other indigenous minorites won't agree to it ever. They won't ever call themselves bengalis.

Bangladeshi nationalism also include all those non-bengali citizens of our country and also gives us a distinct identity i.e shaped by ISLAM and different from WB which is nothing but India. Our nationality is bangladeshi. The term was coined by Pres.ZIA to unite the country after the disaster of 72-75.

Bengali nationalism exists, it is limited to media. people like Rezwana chawdhury Banya are good example of this.

How it is possible to take away some people's source of income? The country is developing and with it the need for labour is increasing. A day may come when the Rickshwa puller may not find it a lucrative job any more. He will find a better job and will switch to that. By the way, why are you opposing rickshaws? Is it because you think rickshaw pulling is a hard job or these rickshaws are ugly in a city.

What do bangladeshis think of british era freedom fighters like subash chandra bose, bhagat singh, gandhi, nehru etc

What do bangladeshis think of british era freedom fighters like subash chandra bose, bhagat singh, gandhi, nehru etc

only khudiram, pritilata are famous. cultural program is observed in dhaka university on their death anniversary! there is a hall in Jahangirnagar University - Pritilata hall.

Is Urdu taught in madarsa or schools.

Urdu, Hindi is widely understood in Bangladesh. because of hindi dubbed japanese cartoons Recently i have seen 5 years old children speaking Hindi fluently ! Urdu is taught nowhere, neither in Madrassa nor in schools. madrassas are like common schools with extra Arabic and islamic classes.

Urdu, Hindi is widely understood in Bangladesh. because of hindi dubbed japanese cartoons Recently i have seen 5 years old children speaking Hindi fluently ! Urdu is taught nowhere, neither in Madrassa nor in schools. madrassas are like common schools with extra Arabic and islamic classes.

I quomi madrassa Urdu is taught as far as i know.

How it is possible to take away some people's source of income? The country is developing and with it the need for labour is increasing. A day may come when the Rickshwa puller may not find it a lucrative job any more. He will find a better job and will switch to that. By the way, why are you opposing rickshaws? Is it because you think rickshaw pulling is a hard job or these rickshaws are ugly in a city.

Just because I do not feel comfort to see that one person is manually pulling hard when another person seats relaxed. Once I heard that rickshaw pulling will be banned or something in Kolkata, where it was discouraged by the NGOs or something [can not remember] like that as this is deemed as inhuman..

Yes, The govt or banks should provide loads for Battery Rickshaws.

Just because I do not feel comfort to see that one person is manually pulling hard when another person seats relaxed. Once I heard that rickshaw pulling will be banned or something in Kolkata, where it was discouraged by the NGOs or something [can not remember] like that as this is deemed as inhuman..

Yes, The govt or banks should provide loads for Battery Rickshaws.

Why should it bother anyone if another person works hard and earn his good and honest money by pulling rickshaw? It is much much better than asking relatives to help him out, begging in the streets or stealing from others. Every job is equally hard. People would not have chosen this job if it were a really very hard job. Moreover, a puller is a free man. He can refuse to take a passenger. This is very important.

We must respect all the jobs. Because our society has established a vertical relationship between a puller and a passenger, therefore, we like to see the puller as a downgraded person. Worse is some people unnecessarily sympathize with the pullers but then do not want to pay a reasonable amount of compensation for his hard job.

527447_467188473326151_1005567107_n.jpg

Lol found this on fb..No offence to any Bangladeshi member..its just too funny :P

Back
Top Bottom