What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

only khudiram, pritilata are famous. cultural program is observed in dhaka university on their death anniversary! there is a hall in Jahangirnagar University - Pritilata hall.

Titumir and Surjo Sen are also famous.

Stop being perennially petulant. How does it matter if I'm anti-Bangladeshi, you guys opened Q/A thread, then you should stop behaving like kids and answer people decently even if the questions are not comfortable.

By the way were you there when I had been badmouthed in a regular basis by zakir, dundun, eastwatch et al, oh you joined only some months back!
I don't read a lot of things,so don't know the historical background of you and the folks you mentioned.
Regarding indecency,i found this thread the most decent of all the threads i ever read in this section.

Why Jinnah was not considered as our leader, because he never been here. People did not know him neither he ever addressed in East Bengal.

Read this article.... Jinnah's First and Last visit in Dhaka.

Jinnah's first and last trip to Dhaka
Syed Badrul Ahsan
The East Bengal Legislative Assembly was expected to meet for the first time after the creation of Pakistan on March 15, 1948 in Dhaka. On the eve of the session, a large number of students gathered in a demonstration before Burdwan House (today's Bangla Academy), the official residence of the chief minister of the province, to protest the police action three days earlier on March 11. The Students Action Committee decided to call a general strike on the day the legislative assembly met. The threat led to a softening of stance by the provincial government, given especially the fact that Governor General Mohammad Ali Jinnah, popularly known as Quaid-e-Azam, was scheduled to arrive in Dhaka on March 19.

The leading figures of the Action Committee met Chief Minister Khwaja Nazimuddin on the morning of March 15 just before the legislative assembly session commenced. Among those on the Action Committee were Professor Abul Kashem, Kamruddin Ahmed, Mohammad Toaha, Naimuddin Ahmed, Syed Nazrul Islam and Abdur Rahman Chowdhury. Anxious about preventing any unpleasant incidents during Jinnah's visit, Nazimuddin swiftly reached an eight-point agreement with the students, the salient features of which were that those arrested over the previous few days would be released and the legislative assembly would adopt a resolution in early April calling for Bangla to be adopted as one of the two state languages (the other being Urdu) of Pakistan.

On March 16, all those who had earlier been arrested by the government were freed. However, as events were to show subsequently, Nazimuddin would renege on his promise of having the demand for Bangla passed in a resolution by the provincial legislature. On March 19, the governor general arrived in Dhaka for what was to be his first and last visit to the eastern province of the country he and the Muslim League had created months earlier. On March 21, he addressed a public rally at the Race Course (today's Suhrawardy Udyan), asking people to be on alert against what he called forces of subversion and conspiracy bent on destroying the unity of Pakistan
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=221133

I quomi madrassa Urdu is taught as far as i know.

Right...there's a type of madrassa (not Aliya type) where Urdu is taught...the logic for teaching Urdu is very funny there. They say Urdu is the pathway to learn Arabic. Hearing such funny thing I asked "Does whole the world learns Urdu before Arabic?"...no answer. What is quomi actually?

Right...there's a type of madrassa (not Aliya type) where Urdu is taught...the logic for teaching Urdu is very funny there. They say Urdu is the pathway to learn Arabic. Hearing such funny thing I asked "Does whole the world learns Urdu before Arabic?"...no answer. What is quomi actually?

It is because they follow Deoband Curriculamn and all the books from Deoband are Urdu.

Is Shalwar Kameez common in Bangladesh as in Pakistan? Any inherited cultural qualities from Pakistan?

Then what? And if Pakistan didnt came into being there was also no BD. You are BD because you was Pak before.

also dont believe everything taught to be true. A lot of things are used as propanda and politics... Pre 71 era deserves to be taught to yo atleast.

Bro U have to realize that this is awamileague we are talking about here and they feed on hatred to come to power. This 71 issue is the last final carrot they have to win some votes and so they use it and U have to admit propaganda or not it takes time for old scars to heal.

As for me I don't believe in some awami made up exaggerated myths like 30 million death and yes I do respect Jinnah. But then again people like me will be immediately branded as razakar even by my school friends (jokingly) when I say stuff like "that many people didn't die in just 9 months". And as for why Jinnah is not included in history books , U have to realize for Awamileague there is only one leader who deserve all the fame and glory and that is Shiek mujb. Even SK mujib's mentor Maulana Bhashani who SK mujib himself respected is malinged by Awamileaguers today. AK fazlul's biography is there but if they could they would have removed that too.For Awamileague History of the world start at 71. And u are talking about Jinnah.

Bro U have to realize that this is awamileague we are talking about here and they feed on hatred to come to power. This 71 issue is the last final carrot they have to win some votes and so they use it and U have to admit propaganda or not it takes time for old scars to heal.

As for me I don't believe in some awami made up exaggerated myths like 30 million death and yes I do respect Jinnah. But then again people like me will be immediately branded as razakar even by my school friends (jokingly) when I say stuff like "that many people didn't die in just 9 months". And as for why Jinnah is not included in history books , U have to realize for Awamileague there is only one leader who deserve all the fame and glory and that is Shiek mujb. Even SK mujib's mentor Maulana Bhashani who SK mujib himself respected is malinged by Awamileaguers today. AK fazlul's biography is there but if they could they would have removed that too.For Awamileague History of the world start at 71. And u are talking about Jinnah.

Ye to zeyadti ha bht buri.

let try and not vote this awami league next time.

Then what? And if Pakistan didnt came into being there was also no BD. You are BD because you was Pak before.

It's Bangali who fought for Pakistan in the first row and it came in reality. Without Bangali there wouldn't be any Pakistan which is a 60 years long story only. But this Bangla did still exist 2000 years ago when there were people of different races, languages used to reside in current day Pakistan which is a country based on a theme like israel not based on heritage of people. Think before telling something as you are not mature on this yet.

Aliya is government controlled and quomi is private, mostly run by Arab money!

Back
Top Bottom