What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

Don't read like a moron..I said Bangali fought in the 1st row, never said west people did not want. Do you know geographically where Gujarat is?

If anyone the Muslims from the minority provinces were the most ardent supporters of Pakistan because they had, according to them, experienced what it felt like living as a minority surrounding by an overwhelming majority in a communally charged environment ! But this wasn't a bloody competition ! I admit that Pakistan was wrong in so many things....we made a million mistakes that we shouldn't have but when are you going to reciprocate and do some soul-searching yourself ? Urdu was made our language too when it is the mother tongue of only 9% (now...imagine what the percentage would have been in '47) of Pakistanis and till this date we proudly call it our own because we understand it across the length and breadth of Pakistan in varying degrees ! It is our lingua france - our common tongue ! No other language could have been afforded that place ! Not Bengali, not Punjabi, not Pashto.....none of them ! And the Agartalla Conspiracy wasn't just a figment of our imagination and neither were the Mukhti Bhaini a bunch of disciplined freedom fighters having the moral high ground !

If 2000 years is the cut-off date then we Pakistanis have a history and culture even older than that ! The Pashtuns with their Pashtunwali go back at least 5000 years, so do the Baloch, the Sindhis and the Punjabis ! Heck even my ethnicity - the Kashmiris - have, from what I've heard, a 6000 year old civilization ! And no contrary to popular belief and continued assertions - We don't go about saying 'Ahlen Wasahlan' like Arab wannabes; we are proud of our heritage - both Islamic and Ethno-Linguistic ! And no current day Pakistan isn't a country based on a 'theme' it is based on an ideology - We are Muslims and as such We are One Nation ! Whatever tongues we may speak, whatever the color of our skin or the shape of our clothes - We will find unity in that which governs how we see life from cradle till grave - namely Islam !

Roshan-e-Rakshan Nayeer-o-Tabaan Pakistan aur Bangladesh rahei ! :pakistan:

I exactly said what you said....that Pashtun, Baloch, Sindhi, Kashmiri who all had heritage of thousand years came united and evolved in a new identity Pakistan. The term you used as ideology I used as theme. In no sense you could assert that if there were no Pakistan, there were no Baloch, Sindh, Kashmir etc.

BTW, seeing you after long.

yes i know where gujrat is but its not about racism

urdu was sub continents elite muslims language jinnah wanted 2 unite us thats why he wanted same language in pakistan

n i agree with him. even present indian muslims learn urdu

You are the rare and most intelligent Bangladeshi who understand what Jinnah wanted. Samne hotey to hath chom leta ap k main. Lol

I exactly said what you said....that Pashtun, Baloch, Sindhi, Kashmiri who all had heritage of thousand years came united and evolved in a new identity Pakistan. The term you used as ideology I used as theme. In no sense you could assert that if there were no Pakistan, there were no Baloch, Sindh, Kashmir etc.

BTW, seeing you after long.

they r far better muslims than we bengalis ever could b

dont compare afghans with bengalis

Ok dude, you really got your numbers wrong there. Just to give you a head up, IVC is about 5000 years old, still no Indo-Aryan speaker in sub continent yet.

6000 years ago means Stone Age. :P

I borrowed the Pukhtoon bit from Ghani Khan's quotation where he asserts his Pukhtoon Identity over a Muslim One and then a Pakistani one by chronologically ordering the three ! And I heard about the Kashmiri thing from a Brahmin friend of mine (a Bhattt....hes probably my cousin a couple of times removed :blink:) who was quoting some ancient vedic text being written there with something called a 'shokla' as a word popping up; I have a vivid recollection of him mentioning him the 6000 year figure but I figure that'll put it at around 4000 BC that can't be right...can it ?

Where you people see bangladesh after 50 years ?

Where you people see bangladesh after 50 years ?

50 years?:woot: That's way to long. As for me I dream my country to become developed country by then with an Islamic character as a model muslim state. I dream BD to be a strong enough country and be a regional power by then something in the line of S.korea or Japan with a strong industrial base and hopefully become one of the top bread basket of the world.:)

why BD's people are so inferiority complexed way more than indians. ( no trolling, serious question )
Also at leat they need to be grateful to Jinnah's leadership because what happened after him is different.

Indians having inferiority towards Pakistanis, aur koi dusra bakwas nahi mila kya. :woot::woot:

If I ever visit Bangladesh and I let it known that I'm a Pakistani what kind of reaction can I expect ? I ask this because I'm in two minds - the BD'ishes that I've met here on PDF are pretty nice to me but I've come across others on the same internet who've gone as far as saying when they go shopping and they see something that says 'Made in Pakistan' they feel it is their duty to not buy it ! Nothing major but its these little things that belly what goes inside the mind of such a person !

I generally avoid anything Made in india though it's hard in our market. For instance, someday ago bought a water purifier of Unilever, checked if it's indian or not...when came back home with it, I found it's made in india. Later consoled me saying well it's Unilever product which is a multinational. Same way 6/8 months back deleted all indian channels from TV but still find 1 or 2 for reshuffling of dish guys.

You are invited in BD, I'll be your host..no one will bite you :D. There are differences between relations of people to people and person to person...hope you got what I mean.

50 year is not a long time in nations life time .. They do need a lot of time to mature ..the feeling i am getting is bangladesh still not in adolescent stage ..there will be many hurdles in future .spiritual as well as material ...time will answer everything ..

Indins having inferiority towards Pakistanis, aur koi dusra bakwas nahi mila kya. :woot::woot:

Indians ne aur kch sochne e ni dya. Always felt that indians are complexed and obsessed. No more offtopic btw.

I have question.

When does Bangladesh's history starts(according to your textbooks).

If 2000 years is the cut-off date then we Pakistanis have a history and culture even older than that ! The Pashtuns with their Pashtunwali go back at least 5000 years, so do the Baloch, the Sindhis and the Punjabis ! Heck even my ethnicity - the Kashmiris - have, from what I've heard, a 6000 year old civilization ! And no contrary to popular belief and continued assertions - We don't go about saying 'Ahlen Wasahlan' like Arab wannabes; we are proud of our heritage - both Islamic and Ethno-Linguistic ! And no current day Pakistan isn't a country based on a 'theme' it is based on an ideology - We are Muslims and as such We are One Nation ! Whatever tongues we may speak, whatever the color of our skin or the shape of our clothes - We will find unity in that which governs how we see life from cradle till grave - namely Islam !

Roshan-e-Rakshan Nayeer-o-Tabaan Pakistan aur Bangladesh rahei ! :pakistan:

Excuse me!
795752.gif

Back
Top Bottom