What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

yes i know where gujrat is but its not about racism

urdu was sub continents elite muslims language jinnah wanted 2 unite us thats why he wanted same language in pakistan

n i agree with him. even present indian muslims learn urdu

This is not vini vidi vici game that Mr. Jinnah came and announced and it got materialized. It needs influence of personality among people, he never passed his time in East Pakistan, never met mass people here which might mean he announced that in a colony not in his own country.

Whatever, it was in no sense logical to declare Urdu instead of Bangla as 1st language here.

Excuse me!
795752.gif

Excused... :D

Excuse me!
795752.gif

Excuse me!
795752.gif

The assertion fired at us by many of our detractors is that we try to be more Arab than Arabs ! That we have forgotten our own culture, language, traditions and values in favor of imitating Arabs because ! Naturally most of them haven't even been to Pakistan to make that call ! We're proud of who were are - Punjabis, Pathans and so on and so forth ! But we're also very proud to be Muslims and so when we speak of Tariq bin Ziyad, the Kingdom of Andalusia, of Omar Mukhtar, of Suleiman, of Saladin - We do so with pride and call them Our Heroes ! Naturally most don't understand that for none of them are related to us by blood but all by faith and it is that paradigmatic shift that many don't understand !

I have question.

When does Bangladesh's history starts(according to your textbooks).

I studied in english medium and so had only one bengali paper through out High school where there were biographies on Ak fazlul Haq and shorowardy and maulana Bhashani. There is description of language movement and then it shifts to 71. While in BAL terms there is absolutely nothing mentioned on Pres.Zia and that part is totally excluded. SO our book vary with change in gov. I don't know much about the begali medium cariculla though , but U can be damn sure that there too history heavily revolves around 71 and it changes with change in GOV.

I studied in english medium and so had only one bengali paper through out High school where there were biographies on Ak fazlul Haq and shorowardy and maulana Bhashani. There is description of language movement and then it shifts to 71. While in BAL terms there is absolutely nothing mentioned on Pres.Zia and that part is totally excluded. SO our book vary with change in gov. I don't much about the begali medium cariculla though , but U can be damn sure that there too history heavily revolves around 71 and it changes with change in GOV.

I want to know about the ancient history taught in textbooks.

This is not vini vidi vici game that Mr. Jinnah came and announced and it got materialized. It needs influence of personality among people, he never passed his time in East Pakistan, never met mass people here which might mean he announced that in a colony not in his own country.

Whatever, it was in no sense logical to declare Urdu instead of Bangla as 1st language here.

majority of bengalis were dirt poor that time. for 600 years persian was our official language

do u want persian as our official language again???

The Father hardly traveled at all because he had been suffering from Tuberculosis for a while now ! I even read in Fatima Jinnah's 'My Brother' of how the Father used to change his clothes many times a day just so to appear fresh because as a shrewd politician he knew how much perception counted for !

As for declaring Urdu as our language ! It was the only way ! What other language would we have ? English...Persian...Arabic ? No...he choose Urdu for it was the only non-partisan language that everyone could understand in varying degrees from the barren plains of Balochistan to the icy peaks of Skardu ! No other language comes to close to it in terms of the opportunity it provided us; its native speakers didn't even make it to double figures in terms of as a percentage of the population of Pakistan and it was indeed our lingua franca ! So, with respect, you guys were wrong in demanding Bengali and we would have been wrong had we demanded Punjabi or the Baloch with their Balochi or Barahui !

I studied in english medium and so had only one bengali paper through out High school where there were biographies on Ak fazlul Haq and shorowardy and maulana Bhashani. There is description of language movement and then it shifts to 71. While in BAL terms there is absolutely nothing mentioned on Pres.Zia and that part is totally excluded. SO our book vary with change in gov. I don't know much about the begali medium cariculla though , but U can be damn sure that there too history heavily revolves around 71 and it changes with change in GOV.

There are thousands of pages of history taught in school, Since Chandragupta to pala dyanasty to sena then Mogul then british then 1947 and finally 1971. Everything is taught and Mr. Zia is just a drop in the whole ocean. What say???

The Father hardly traveled at all because he had been suffering from Tuberculosis for a while now ! I even read in Fatima Jinnah's 'My Brother' of how the Father used to change his clothes many times a day just so to appear fresh because as a shrewd politician he knew how much perception counted for !

As for declaring Urdu as our language ! It was the only way ! What other language would we have ? English...Persian...Arabic ? No...he choose Urdu for it was the only non-partisan language that everyone could understand in varying degrees from the barren plains of Balochistan to the icy peaks of Skardu ! No other language comes to close to it in terms of the opportunity it provided us; its native speakers didn't even make it to double figures in terms of as a percentage of the population of Pakistan and it was indeed our lingua franca ! So, with respect, you guys were wrong in demanding Bengali and we would have been wrong had we demanded Punjabi or the Baloch with their Balochi or Barahui !

YOu are saying the same thing why Urdu was made your national language. Did you see the demand of Bengali? It did not say to exclude Urdu but to include Bengali as another national language as Urdu is vastly not intelligible to East Pakistanis. Even though Urdu is not the mother language of the West Pakistanis but it was the sister language to their mother language.

majority of bengalis were dirt poor that time. for 600 years persian was our official language

do u want persian as our official language again???

Where the fck did you get this?

I want to know about the ancient history taught in textbooks.

Ask iajdan/Kobirazz, they would know. Cariculla in Bengali and English medium is totally different. In english medium history revolves around industrial revolution in Europe, renaissance in europe, how columbus discovered America etc etc. Hardly anything about ancient BD is included in english medium text books. Bengali medium does include that as far as I know.

Would you plz shut it?
48856.gif

The assertion fired at us by many of our detractors is that we try to be more Arab than Arabs ! That we have forgotten our own culture, language, traditions and values in favor of imitating Arabs because ! Naturally most of them haven't even been to Pakistan to make that call ! We're proud of who were are - Punjabis, Pathans and so on and so forth ! But we're also very proud to be Muslims and so when we speak of Tariq bin Ziyad, the Kingdom of Andalusia, of Omar Mukhtar, of Suleiman, of Saladin - We do so with pride and call them Our Heroes ! Naturally most don't understand that for none of them are related to us by blood but all by faith and it is that paradigmatic shift that many don't understand !

What do you mean by Arabs more than Arabs themselves? I mean, are you referring to Burqa, growing beards...? If yes, it's not true as most Arabs (except for KSA) don't wear Burqa, and don't have beards. As for imitating bad Arabs (extremists), I would say they are a minority in our societies, and furthermore, they are ostracized by people.

Ask iajdan/Kobirazz, they would know. Cariculla in Bengali and English medium is totally different. In english medium history revolves around industrial revolution in Europe, renaissance in europe, how columbus discovered America etc etc. Hardly anything about ancient BD is included in english medium text books. Bengali medium does include that as far as I know.

our education system sucks

IGCSE Bangladesh Studies

Back
Top Bottom