What's new

Putin Looks to Asia as West threatens to isolate Russia

India should stand by russia. We should sign 100 years of various co operation pacts including defense. we should also work on integration of Pakistan , BD, SL, Nepal, Bhutan , Burma and upto Indonesia with India.

Yes, you can do that. You compared to Ukraine situation, same retarded from India. :laugh:

Oh yea you're the guy who thinks Brazilian women are bumba bumba and only know how to twerk. Very smart Russian. Most Brazilians have European genes and almost half of Brazil are 100 % European.
dude less than half are European and the remaining are heavily mixed, you have especially many African admixture. Sure there is some people who are fully European but there are many others, there is no Brazil culture but many cultures.

dude less than half are European and the remaining are heavily mixed, you have especially many African admixture. Sure there is some people who are fully European but there are many others, there is no Brazil culture but many cultures.

Why is US a western country but Brazil is not? Americans have also a mixture a cultures and races and a significant Black population.

Why is US a western country but Brazil is not? Americans have also a mixture a cultures and races and a significant Black population.

If you are talking about Hemisphere, then yes Brazil is in Western hemisphere.
But the question is a bit different than that. It's not about religion and geographical location. It's more about the haves and have nots.
And on that count Brazil is a part of the have nots.

So it is important for Brazil along with other countries to break the monopoly that this US dominated world order represents.

Last edited:
I wrote a similarly worded post like the article in question a few days back:

I reckon Putin is looking to play up the East vs. West angle by acknowledging that the eastern heavyweights, China and India, stand in his corner. There is a reason why he chose to acknowledge the two by name and going by the comprehensive western sanctions and boycotts heading Russia's way, Putin will have to increasingly look towards us for shoring up any significant support.
Putin thanks India for its stand on Ukraine | Page 3

It happens to be the far more simpler and logical explanation to Putin's motivations than what many members were theorizing earlier.

Another explanation could be historical.
When Soviet Union was an ally of PRC they defeated the Western Powers once in Korea and then for a second time in Vietnam.
When splits developed in their alliance and the SU decided to go its own way. It ended up on the chopping board.
Today again both of these countries are threatened by Western expansionism and are surrounded by US bases. So it's in both their interest to combine their energies and break free of this stranglehold.

I wrote a similarly worded post like the article in question a few days back:

Putin thanks India for its stand on Ukraine | Page 3

It happens to be the far more simpler and logical explanation to Putin's motivations than what many members were theorizing earlier.

Another explanation could be historical.
When Soviet Union was an ally of PRC they defeated the Western Powers once in Korea and then for a second time in Vietnam.
When splits developed in their alliance and the SU decided to go its own way. It ended up on the chopping board.
Today again both of these countries are threatened by Western expansionism and are surrounded by US bases. So it's in both their interest to combine their energies and break free of this stranglehold.

I wasn't suggesting that a radical realignment was in order but rather Russia would look to lean on eastern powers in order to reverse some of the pressure that the West hopes to put it through. As article itself states, defiance by China alone is good enough to break any stranglehold. And less than 24 hours after Putin's call to New Delhi, India clarified that it wouldn't support any unilateral sanctions.

It would make me really happy if Pakistan ditches the US post 2014 and sides with Russia.....

Pakistan must not side with anyone, instead we should make a balanced foreign policy which assures safety of our interests with integrity.

I wasn't suggesting that a radical realignment was in order but rather Russia would look to lean on eastern powers in order to reverse some of the pressure that the West hopes to put it through. As article itself states, defiance by China alone is good enough to break any stranglehold. And less than 24 hours after Putin's call to New Delhi, India clarified that it wouldn't support any unilateral sanctions.

I wasn't so much commenting on the article but rather looking at China Russia relationship from a historical perspective.
Sometimes to break free of a situation you have to do some radical realignment, Richard Nixon's opening up of China is a perfect example of that.
That re-alignment isolated SU and made it easier for the US to first bleed it in Afghanistan with the help of Chinese and then break it altogether.

Back
Top Bottom