What's new

Putin brushes off Pakistan

Nice try with your talk. The express Tribune didn't say everything.

Check this out, Putin is not visiting Pakistan due to political reasons.

ITS BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF PROGRESS ON ECONOMIC ISSUES.

Putin visit put off due to lack of progress on economic issues

Aren't these the same newspaper which you guys oppose and call media on payroll of US whenever they publish anything criticizing Pakistan. You guys find what fits your words not the other way round.

If you look at Iraq Afghanistan, Libya,, any part of the world, economics drive the politics too much.

It was European consortium that urged David Cameroon to convince India to buy Eurofighter. Germany did the same and they criticized Pakistan. All the leaders of the four nation consortium pushed really hard for just $12 billion. Does it ring a bell ?

Who is drilling oil in Iraq ? What is the final interest in Afghanistan ? Strategic as well as economic. Geo-politics and geo-economics crosses a lot.

Should I talk about China's and India's investment in Africa or Burma ?

The entire SCS drama is based on rare minerals and resources, oil and natural gas reserves. They all come in economics.

Russia and India are in collaboration for building Fifth gen. plane and the program worth over $35 billion. Nuclear plants, Lease of Akula submarine and possibility of another with option of India buying them, advanced frigates, heavy helicopter deal, Super Sukhois, T-90 tanks, how many items do you need

For $ 12 billion , four European nations pushed India, you can guess what does it mean when Russia wants to get over $ 50 billion worth deals.

China and Pakistan are whole different scenario for Russia. China is an equal partner with huge economy. You can't pitch Pakistan and China w.r.t. Russia on same level.

If you don't know, Russia's growing naval strength in Pacific and its far eastern part is becoming hot for China and Russia.

No analyst remove economic part of in geo-politics out of the equation.

All comes down to getting share of profit, development of the nation and increasing standard of living of the people along with their security.

Few people are thinking that they can replace US with China or Russia, but buddy, it is US who supplied billions to Pakistan along with weapons where your other friend still considering of financing your critical projects. US influence on Pakistan won't go away so soon.

West has lot of control and US can still affect you through its allies. Your import requirements for cars, machinery, export to other countries are with major US allies. Whether its Japan, South Korea, KSA, other Gulf countries and European countries.

Russia and China can't fill the void. It will be gradual change and don't think India won't use its economy and market along with its stature in world politics to avoid Russia coming close to Pakistan.

When India buys Russian products , they are crap but when Pakistanis expects the same products to be sold to them , they become super .

don't be upset for your kindly information that on Wednesday army chief kayni is going to Russia

I think you need to go see a shrink, pronto! Because WTF has Putin's visit to Pakistan gotta do with Indians 'thinking that the world revolves around us'?

Of course the world revolves around us. That must be making you go bonkers and green with envy! :P But Putin brushing you guys off has nothing to do with this!

Cheers!

check your fellow indian mates posts all around for such topic, come then and talk

I rest my case.

When India buys Russian products , they are crap but when Pakistanis expects the same products to be sold to them , they become super .

And what exactly have we bought from Russia to save our selves, in fact, Pakistan rejected both the MiG-21 and SU-7, even back in the late 60s.

Compare your trade with your friend Russia with your enemy China.

Defence deals are differently dealt with.

Why are you asking Indian to compare with China...why not with Pakistan Economy.....

Why you keep trolling India in the name of other country .....why what happen....lost confidence in your own country :D

Nice try with your talk. The express Tribune didn't say everything.

Check this out, Putin is not visiting Pakistan due to political reasons.

ITS BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF PROGRESS ON ECONOMIC ISSUES.

Putin visit put off due to lack of progress on economic issues

vladimir-putin-afp-670.jpg

Russian President Vladimir Putin. — Photo by AFP

ISLAMABAD, Sept 28: In first explanation from Moscow on President Putin’s decision not to visit Islamabad, Russian presidential pointman for Afghanistan and Pakistan Zamir Kabulov linked it to a lot of rhetoric on the Pakistani side but little progress towards meaningful cooperation.

“Russian-Pakistani relations have been on the rise in recent years but progress has been mostly at political and emotional levels, while economic ties have lagged behind,” he told The Hindu newspaper.

The two countries finalised three memorandums of understanding at a meeting of the Pakistan-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission earlier this month for their signing during President Putin’s planned trip. The MoUs relate to expansion of Pakistan Steel Mills and cooperation in energy and education sectors.

Russian position was that the MoUs were non-binding and largely a reiteration of agreements signed last year during President Asif Ali Zardari’s visit to Moscow.

“Declarations are galore but they have little impact on the ground,” the Russian diplomat said.

Moscow’s main concern was Pakistan’s slow progress towards major projects in the energy sector, including Central Asia-South Asia electricity transmission from Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan to Afghanistan and Pakistan (CASA-1000), and construction of rail tracks and motor roads from Tajikistan to Pakistan to create new trade routes in the region.

Russia has been interested in the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project.

The Hindu noted that Moscow had thrown its weight behind these ambitious energy and infrastructure projects, with Mr Putin pledging to invest $500 million in CASA-1000 and offering to help finance and build other projects. Yet, they have made hardly any headway.

Mr Kabulov indirectly expressed doubts that the United States could be preventing progress in Pakistan-Russia ties. “The Asia Development Bank, dominated by Japan, and the US-controlled World Bank appear reluctant to support ventures where Russia plays a lead role.” He said Russia was still open to continue to improve ties which were on a positive trajectory.

In his letter to Mr Zardari, President Putin left the door open for making mends. “I am confident that in future we shall be able to find opportunities for arranging our personal meeting,” he said.

Mr Putin also extended invitation to Mr Zardari — albeit an indirect one.

“We shall always be happy to receive you in Russia.”

Afghanistan is the factor that seems to be keeping Russia keen on relationship with Pakistan despite the current disappointment.

“Our own experience in the past and the track record of others in recent years has taught us that the problem of Afghanistan cannot be resolved without the constructive involvement of Pakistan and Iran,” Mr Kabulov said.

Putin visit put off due to lack of progress on economic issues | DAWN.COM

Well Russia was hoping to get some business but it did not worked out. Plain and simple big visits are linked to big deals. Pakistan government has to be more efficient to get work done on promises.

It is easy to dream big, but needs lot of work to covert it to reality.

Keywords: Engines, Tin cans

Hi dude, long time no see......good to hear from you again.

@topic, even if that was true, it would be considered as trade rather than aid.

how come a 2010 news is related to this topic ? I am asking it out of curiosity as you are an elite member
You first need to understand the cheap dig that i replied to. !!

No, I guess russia is wooing states that are frustrated with americans.

That is the Russian philosophy always.... get hold of countries that don't like US. :D

Although I am still wondering what can they offer to win Russian confidence.

Why are you asking Indian to compare with China...why not with Pakistan Economy.....

Why you keep trolling India in the name of other country .....why what happen....lost confidence in your own country :D

I am sorry I don't understand what are you implying.

In your excitement, you are uttering gibberish. Relax. The world is not about to fall on either India or Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom