What's new

Putin and Modi have agreed on licensed production of a Russian attack helicopter in India

We already have a vast number of engineers, managers. With our current production of these skills, we can become a manufacturing power house.

What manufacturing needs is a good regulatory environment(tax and labour) & infrastructure. With a billion plus population, finding personnel is the easiest part for us.

That's assumptions, we have vast number of people with paper degrees. To make them more effective and put their education to use we need revolutionary reforms in our education system.

Have u talked to an engineer yourself??
Please have a chat and listen to what they say.

Same goes with any doctor.
Yes, I have.
While education reforms are needed, they are not important right now.

What is important is to fix these things so that we can capture the factories that are leaving China. For that and to make India a manufacturing nation, these are way down in the list of priorities.

What part of make in India have you found hard to comprehend?
India wants to relocate the worlds factories here - you dont need innovation to mass produce textiles and light bulbs!
Innovation in manufacturing comes at a later stage!

But those factories in India - the ones that will produce screwdrivers and nails to bulbs will bring massive employement and foreign exchange to India.

Trying to put the cart before the horse again and again!

U are making the same mistake that government has been doing for last 67 years.

If u don't mind can i ask u if u are from a science background??Please answer only if u want to and there is no offence intended from my part.

That's assumptions we have vast number of people with paper degrees. To make them more effective and put their education to use we need revolutionary reforms in our education system.
In a factory for a 1000 labourers we need maybe 50 managers and 90 engineers.
So please dont put the cart before the horse.

You dont need quality post graduate degrees to mass produce light bulbs and nails. For that requirement the engineers we produce are okay. Even if 30% of the annual engineer output of India is of decent quality we can become a manufacturing nation.

U are making the same mistake that government has been doing for last 67 years.

If u don't mind can i ask u if u are from a science background??Please answer only if u want to and there is no offence intended from my part.
No. Had the Government done what I wanted them to do - we would have very different and clear labour laws, minimal tax complexity and massive support to any person/company on the planet who wants to set up a factory in India - whether that is a lowly lathe mill that produces nails to a semi conductor fab plant.

Instead what we have is highly complex and ridiculous labour laws, highly vexatious taxation system and tax laws and zero support to companies who may manufacture in India.

For the low end production - the one that actually brings hundreds of millions of direct and indirect jobs, you dont need highly qualified engineers and doctors. For that you need what I mentioned above.

In a factory for a 1000 labourers we need maybe 50 managers and 90 engineers.
So please dont put the cart before the horse.

You dont need quality post graduate degrees to mass produce light bulbs and nails. For that requirement the engineers we produce are okay. Even if 30% of the annual engineer output of India is of decent quality we can become a manufacturing nation.

Bro you did not pay attention to my previous posts. I said ... all what you've mentioned are important and are required. But education reforms are the most important and we need them now. Why?

Let's assume we make all necessary changes you mentioned plus reform in power and infra sector and India become a manufacturing hub (5~10 years) with lot of companies investing in various sectors.

Then we'll need people with skills and quality education. Where shall we get them if we do not start education reforms now?

Because education reforms will take comparably longer time to show it's result and “NOW” is the time to start reforms in this sector.

For the low end production - the one that actually brings hundreds of millions of direct and indirect jobs, you dont need highly qualified engineers and doctors. For that you need what I mentioned above.

U are simply uninformed i guess.
Too bad.

Your partner is also China's top partner in selling arms to the Chinese
:chilli:

And are u a chinese??:D
Whats the reason for ur happiness??:wacko:

Bro you did not pay attention to my previous posts. I said ... all what you've mentioned are important and are required. But education reforms are the most important and we need them now. Why?

Let's assume we make all necessary changes you mentioned plus reform in power and infra sector and India become a manufacturing hub (5~10 years) with lot of companies investing in various sectors.

Then we'll need people with skills and quality education. Where shall we get them if we do not start education reforms now?

Because education reforms will take comparably longer time to show it's result and “NOW” is the time to start reforms in this sector.
I agree. But unless we have those reforms i mentioned and those in power and infra, we will not need those additional skills and quality in the same numbers. Right now the situation is such that job creation is very low in India and is reaching crisis proportions - unemployement leads to massive social problems.

That is to say, the Government of India has a fixed amount of political capital. The opposition like all oppositions is born to oppose anything GoI says and wants (like BJP also did when in opposition). If that fixed political capital is spent on labour and tax reforms, the returns will be greater as compared to spending that political capital on education reforms.

Though after the labour and tax reforms are done, then I would like GoI to take up education reforms as well. I dont mean for GoI to keep waiting until we already become a factory to the world and then think about education reforms.
Plus you have to understand we already have a cushion in terms of talent lying unused. The sheer number of engineers and managers wasting their lives in menial jobs because they could not find good jobs is mind-boggling.

Though their quality may be poor, they can be retrained on the job. This is what happened in China as well. Their HR was poor but incrementally got better with companies when they came to China and started factories ...started teaching them as well. This is exactly what happened in our much vaunted IT industry as well - the engineers are trained for a little while after getting recruited from campuses by the Companies themselves.

So you see why I said, the need of the hour of GST and Labour reforms, nothing else.
I am already pissed with BJP and Congress for focusing away from these issues and onto trash like love jihad, conversions and secularism.

U are simply uninformed i guess.
Too bad.
No sir, you have very wrong priorities. And are not aware of data either to back your assertions.

No sir, you have very wrong priorities. And are not aware of data either to back your assertions.

Anyone who has done engineering will agree with what i say,,,no data is needed.
There is a reason we can't make shit in india.

I agree. But unless we have those reforms i mentioned and those in power and infra, we will not need those additional skills and quality in the same numbers. Right now the situation is such that job creation is very low in India and is reaching crisis proportions - unemployement leads to massive social problems.

That is to say, the Government of India has a fixed amount of political capital. The opposition like all oppositions is born to oppose anything GoI says and wants (like BJP also did when in opposition). If that fixed political capital is spent on labour and tax reforms, the returns will be greater as compared to spending that political capital on education reforms.

Though after the labour and tax reforms are done, then I would like GoI to take up education reforms as well. I dont mean for GoI to keep waiting until we already become a factory to the world and then think about education reforms.
Plus you have to understand we already have a cushion in terms of talent lying unused. The sheer number of engineers and managers wasting their lives in menial jobs because they could not find good jobs is mind-boggling.

Though their quality may be poor, they can be retrained on the job. This is what happened in China as well. Their HR was poor but incrementally got better with companies when they came to China and started factories ...started teaching them as well. This is exactly what happened in our much vaunted IT industry as well - the engineers are trained for a little while after getting recruited from campuses by the Companies themselves.

So you see why I said, the need of the hour of GST and Labour reforms, nothing else.
I am already pissed with BJP and Congress for focusing away from these issues and onto trash like love jihad, conversions and secularism.

It makes more sense after thsi post. But I'd still stick to my point that we cannot afford to delay education reforms.

Let's get back to topic :coffee:

wrong! we make lot of shit. If not No 1, 2 atleast.

wrong! we make lot of shit. If not No 1, 2 atleast.

All that is shit vs international standards.
I am talking of consumer goods/electronics.

No need to gloss over the obvious fact.

There is no point arguing with those who use anecdotal experiences as evidence.
I can give statements of top industrialists of this country as what they think is the reason why we dont make anything in India. What they think the Government should prioritize.

But ofcourse, you will tell the same thing to them again - that they dont know anything and education reforms is the real reason for lack of manufacturing in India.

No this time I have disagree to Indian media our is far far worst
Dude I have seen some of the most sensible discussion of topics in Pakistan's media. The panellist are quite educated about the topics at hand and carry out a discussion in a mannerly decorum. Our media debates is just filled with shouting matches and hurling snide remarks. Quite frankly speaking, we have one of the worst media whose only aim is sensationalising everything and anything.

There is no point arguing with those who use anecdotal experiences as evidence.
I can give statements of top industrialists of this country as what they think is the reason why we dont make anything in India. What they think the Government should prioritize.

But ofcourse, you will tell the same thing to them again - that they dont know anything and education reforms is the real reason for lack of manufacturing in India.

Be my guest with these posts.
Needless to say i wish the government does not think like u or we have no future.

Back
Top Bottom