What's new

Punjabis ruling both India and Pakistan

lolz.. you think punjabis are the one responsible for india's growth? :p:

I think Punjabis have atleast 60% -70% share in India's growth. Indian last decade Punjabi Govt fueled it, to where India is now. I doubt it will remain under the fanatic Hindu leader Modi, if he is elected.

I think Punjabis have atleast 60% -70% share in India's growth. Indian last decade Punjabi Govt fueled it, to where India is now. I doubt it will remain under the fanatic Hindu leader Modi, if he is elected.
your assertion is not based on any data, just some feeling, right?
India is not a punjab heavy country(unlike yours), states like gujrat and maharastra contribute a huge percentage to our gdp. Do google and comeback if you still got some data.

Pakistan is not ruled by Punjabis.

Pakistan is ruled by a Pakistani Prime Minister.

The day he calls himself a Punjabi Prime Minister, he will lose his credibility as a leader of Pakistan.

We Pakistanis reject these Nationalistic Tags of Punjabi, Sindhi , Pushtoon and Balochi.

We are just Pakistanis.

Ditto for the Indians.

And thank you for the rebuttal sage sahib.

India is not a punjab heavy country(unlike yours), states like gujrat and maharastra contribute a huge percentage to our gdp. Do google and comeback if you still got some data.

screenshot20121024at103.png

Attachments

• viewer.png
    viewer.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Thats not true,the green revolution of the agricultural revolution happened in the 60s and 70s and punjab produced lots and lots of grains.

Anyway Shiromani Akali Dal-the sikh party is an integral part of NDA-Modi's party.

Punjab was recognised as the best overall state since 2003 and has been able to retain the top position every year. It affords the best quality of life to its residents.[38] According to the India State Hunger Index, Punjab has the lowest level of hunger in India.

Punjab is one of the most fertile regions on earth. The region is ideal for wheat-growing. Rice, sugar cane, fruits and vegetables are also grown. Indian Punjab is called the "Granary of India" or "India's bread-basket".[40] It produces 10.26% of India's cotton, 19.5% of India's wheat, and 11% of India's rice. The Fazilka and Ferozpur Districts are the largest producers of wheat and rice in the state. In worldwide terms, Indian Punjab produces 2% of the world's cotton, 2% of its wheat and 1% of its rice.[40] The largest cultivated crop is wheat. Other important crops are rice, cotton, sugarcane, pearl millet, maize, barley and fruit. Rice and wheat are doublecropped in Punjab with rice stalks being burned off over millions of acres prior to the planting of wheat. This widespread practice is polluting and wasteful.[41] In Punjab the consumption of fertiliser per hectare is 223.46 kg as compared to 90 kg nationally. The state has been awarded the National Productivity Award for agriculture extension services for ten years from 1991–92 to 1998–99 and from 2001 to 2003–04. In recent years a drop in productivity has been observed mainly due to falling fertility of the soil. This is believed to be due to excessive use of fertilisers and pesticides over the years. Another worry is the rapidly falling water table on which almost 90% of the agriculture depends; alarming drops have been witnessed in recent years. By some estimates, groundwater is falling by a meter or more per year

Agriculture is the largest industry in Punjab; it is the largest single producer of wheat in India.[7] Other major industries include the manufacturing of scientific instruments, agricultural goods, electrical goods, financial services, machine tools, textiles, sewing machines, sports goods, starch, tourism, fertilisers, bicycles, garments, and the processing of pine oil and sugar. Punjab also has the largest number of steel rollingmill plants in India, which are located in Steel Town Mandi Gobindgarh, District Fatehgarh Sahib.

Transportation

The infrastructure of Punjab has been rated the best in India.[citation needed] Public transport in Punjab is provided by buses, auto rickshaws, Indian railways and an international rail connection to Pakistan (Samjhauta Express). The state has a large network of multimodal transportation system:

Air

Punjab has five civil airports overall one the best in India. The Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport inAmritsar is the largest and most important airport in the state and is also the second busiest in North India after Delhi Airport.

Other airports in Punjab are:

Bathinda Airport
Pathankot Airport
Patiala Airport
Sahnewal Airport
Rail

Almost all the major as well as smaller cities of the state are linked through railways. Amritsar is the largest railway station having trains connecting to all major cities. Shatabdi Express connects Amritsar to Delhi. The railway junction in Bhatindais the largest in Asia.

A DMU Train in Ludhiana

The Samjhauta Express is a joint venture between Indian Railways and Pakistan Railways and runs from Attari railway station near Amritsar in India to Lahore Railway Station in Punjab, Pakistan.

Road

All the cities and towns of Punjab are connected with four-lane roads National Highway. The Grand Trunk Road also called as NH1 connects Calcutta toPeshawar passing through Jalandhar and Amritsar. Another major national highway connects Punjab to Jammu passing through Hoshiarpur and Pathankot. The state road conditions are the finest in India. The national highways passing through the state are ranked the best in the country with widespread road networks that serve isolated towns as well as the border region.

The following National Highways connect major towns, cities and villages:

National Highway 1 (India), National Highway 10 (India), National Highway 15 (India), National Highway 1A (India) National Highway 20 (India), National Highway 21 (India), National Highway 22 (India), National Highway 64 (India), National Highway 70 (India), National Highway 71 (India), National Highway 95 (India).

@Asian union .. am still waiting for a coherent reply, why do you think punjabis contribute 60 to 70 percent to India's growth
you can surely refer to wiki and other publicly available source, kindly do not copy paste the whole thing here.

The ever real bravehearts Punjabis , have always ruled both India and Pakistan. they are the bread basket of both countries, most richest, civilised, united and intelligent ppl on the subcontinent, And have put subcontinent in the world map of growth and progress.

LOL, other than Ranjeet Singh Punjabis have struggled to rule even Punjab in most of recorded history!!!

Don't call Imran Khan punjabi, already Afghan kharam khors accuse him of being punjabi slave and isi agent hell bent on destroying Pakistani pakhtuns.

Nehru was UP Bihari bhaya brahmin who ancestors moved to Kashmir some centuries ago. Maybe Mughal blood is also possible if his mother was rajput.

You are not getting it do you? Nationalism doesnt suite punjabis. All of them are culturarly punjabis with different origins. Don't tell me punjabi lohar and niazi punjabi have same origin.

nehru is kashmiri pandat/period.

No silly red hair idiot kabzedar like yasin malik.

Oh God.

This guy is one of those Punjabi chauvinists.

:sick:

Punjabis are a good people. Too bad one of these comes along in a while.

Funny Hindus have nothing to contribute !!! Come out from this slavish, inferior complex.

Punjabis are the most successful ppl in both Pakistan and India. Any doubts abt it. I think NO.

Funny Hindus have nothing to contribute !!! Come out from this slavish, inferior complex.

Punjabis are the most successful ppl in both Pakistan and India. Any doubts abt it. I think NO.

Punjabis are also the population with the highest incident of drug use in India.

Which is obvious from your posts.

Oh and Punjab is soo going to have one of the lowest female populations in India making the place a sausage fest.

;)

yeah.. next one is going to be gujju or south Indian like you.. :lol:

:sick: hope not.

Oh the Evil Panjabis including me. Can I get to rule Kartalpoor, my ancestral city.

you asserted something and are unable to prove it. Now you are running away with tail between your legs.
Punjab is surely a prosperous state but their contribution to gdp growth is not pre-eminent (post 90s when real growth happened)
punjab story is of 60s and 70s, you need to update your knowledge. That does not mean they will become poor now, just that their contribution to growth is less than Industrilized states(punjab is agri heavy economy) I can bet you have zero knowledge about economic liberalization.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom