What's new

Punjabis ruling both India and Pakistan

No one can deny that with 148 seats of the 272 member NA, Punjab rules the roost. Rightly or wrongly this fact is being exploited by the smaller provinces. Easiest solution is to divide Punjab into 2 or 3 smaller provinces such a Bahawalpur or Saraiki; or Bahawalpur & Saraiki. May be even Bahawalpur, Saraiki and Potohar.

People will remain the same and only nomenclature changes, but no one would be able to play the ethnic card and claim it is the Punjabi army and the Punjabis who have been ruling Pakistan. I fail to see why this has already not been done.
we not splitting punjab.

@Talon Pakistan will become more stronger if we dissolve current provinces and create smaller.
how will it become stronger?

Yes Nawaz is Pubjabi from Lohar, caste wise. Regarding Imran Khan Niazi. Niazis for those born in Punjab... are always Punjabis.
Khan = Pasthuns.
Niazi = Punjabis.
you sure? i though he was a mian? are mians gujjar?

Last edited:
If the real point is ruling India and Pakistan the two mighty countries, then truly and by far the most effect leadership and management in numbers of ruling these countries was being done by Punjabis. What a single community really ruling for past 200 years means and really matters is in the power hold of governance & management of countries in all fields like media, industrial base, military eccentricity, agriculture strength, finances / economy and judiciary etc etc. It is a fact both Punjabs are the breadbasket of both the asian countries, the technological advanced bases in Punjab, the political power center, and agricultural heart lands are all in these regions.

Without Punjabis existing in India or Pakistan, these two places have been shithole poor crap.

you sure? i though he was a mian? are mians gujjar?

Yep !! please clear what are u saying here, mian nawaz shariff right, he is a Punjabi.

And Imran Khan Niazi is a Punjabi Pasthun. Period. But a single leader seldom matter is ruler-ship, its the numbers who hold the power right down from top tier to grass roots that really matter.

Last edited:
If the real point is ruling India and Pakistan the two mighty countries, then truly and by far the most effect leadership and management in numbers of ruling these countries was being done by Punjabis. What a single community really ruling for past 200 years means and really matters is in the power hold of governance & management of countries in all fields like media, industrial base, military eccentricity, agriculture strength, finances / economy and judiciary etc etc. It is a fact both Punjabs are the breadbasket of both the asian countries, the technological advanced bases in Punjab, the political power center, and agricultural heart lands are all in these regions.

Without Punjabis existing in India or Pakistan, these two places have been shithole poor crap.

Yep !! please clear what are u saying here, main nawaz shariff right, he is a Punjabi.

And Imran Khan Niazi is a Punjabi Pasthun. Period. But a single leader seldom matter is ruler-ship, its the numbers who hold the power right down from top tier to grass roots that really matter.
is mian a gujjar?
is nawaz shariff gujjar?

is mian a gujjar?
is nawaz shariff gujjar?

Mian is originally a family name in Lahore. The Mian Family of Uchhala starts from Haji Sultan Ahmed Sahib in Uchhala.he family was also an official custodian of Shalimar Gardens since it was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in 1641 AD till 1962 AD. Mian are Punjabis.

No Nawaz is not Gujjar. The fact that ppl say Nawaz is Kashmiri is totally wrong, u can origin but Nawaz or Imran Khan is born in Lahore. This is their ethnicity as they live and brought up in Punjabi culture, Punjabi city, know and speak Punjabi language and important they both are from the Punj-jaab, the land of five rivers, completely defining them as Punjabis.

80% of army, 80% of beurocracy, 70% of judiciary, 63% of parliment, most of the industralists, journalists and intellectuals are punjabis in Pakistan so they are indeed ruling the country.

80% of army, 80% of beurocracy, 70% of judiciary, 63% of parliment, most of the industralists, journalists and intellectuals are punjabis in Pakistan so they are indeed ruling the pakistan.

Don't know about other figures but army is 54%.

80% of army, 80% of beurocracy, 70% of judiciary, 63% of parliment, most of the industralists, journalists and intellectuals are punjabis in Pakistan so they are indeed ruling the country.
oh yeah baby thats what i like to hear

Mian is originally a family name in Lahore. The Mian Family of Uchhala starts from Haji Sultan Ahmed Sahib in Uchhala.he family was also an official custodian of Shalimar Gardens since it was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in 1641 AD till 1962 AD. Mian are Punjabis.

No Nawaz is not Gujjar. The fact that ppl say Nawaz is Kashmiri is totally wrong, u can origin but Nawaz or Imran Khan is born in Lahore. This is their ethnicity as they live and brought up in Punjabi culture, Punjabi city, know and speak Punjabi language and important they both are from the Punj-jaab, the land of five rivers, completely defining them as Punjabis.

Don't call Imran Khan punjabi, already Afghan kharam khors accuse him of being punjabi slave and isi agent hell bent on destroying Pakistani pakhtuns.

Nehru was not a Kashmiri. He was a Mughal.

Nehru Family | THE TRUTH OF NEHRU FAMILY

Nehru was UP Bihari bhaya brahmin who ancestors moved to Kashmir some centuries ago. Maybe Mughal blood is also possible if his mother was rajput.

You are not getting it do you? Nationalism doesnt suite punjabis. All of them are culturarly punjabis with different origins. Don't tell me punjabi lohar and niazi punjabi have same origin.

Last edited:
EXACTLY.

So like Imran Khan Niazi. And Niazis who are BORN in PUNJAB ....are always Punjabis.

The Pathans born in Punjab are not Pasthuns rather Punjabi-Pasthuns, like Imran Khan Niazi. Some Niazis are the Pathans of Punjab (Punjabi/Saraiki: پنجابی پٹھان; Pashto: د پنجاب پښتانه‎; also called Punjabi Pathans or Saraiki Pathans depending upon region of Punjab) are originally Pashtun people (Pathans) who have settled in the Punjab region of Pakistan and India.[4]

These Pasthun over time with children born in Punjab later adopt the Punjabi identity hence cannot remain as Pasthuns who follow Pasthunwali code. These Pashtun communities are scattered throughout the Punjab and have over time assimilated into the Punjabi identity, both culturally and linguistically. There homeland is Punjab. On the other hand, those who settled in the southern parts of Punjab have gradually assimilated into Saraiki culture, which is another facet of Punjabi ethnic identity, linguistically different only.
Niazis of mianwali, bhakkar and layyah introduce themeselves as pathans not punjabis.....i know it for certain because i have had plenty of interactions with them, my relatives are there.

Despite Punjabis making 60% of Pakistan's population, look how Diverse the leadership has been

Presidents:

Iskandar Mirza: Bengali

Ayub Khan Pukhtun

Yahya Khan Pukhtun

Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Sindi

Fazal Ilahi Chaudhary Punjabi

Muhammad Zia ul Haq Punjabi

Ghulam Ishaq Khan Pukhtun

Wasim Sajjad Punjabi

Farooq Leghari Punjabi

Muhammad Rafiq Tarar Punjabi

Pervez Musharraf Muhajir (Urdu Speaking)

Muhammed Mian Soomro Sindi

Asif Ali Zardari Sindi

Mamnoon Hussain Muhajir (Urdu Speaking)

Prime Ministers:

Liquat Ali Khan Muhajir (Urdu Speaking)

Khawaja Nazimuddin Bengali

Muahmmed Ali Bogra Bengali

Chaudhary Muammed Ali Punjabi

Hussayn Shaheed Suhrawardy Bengali

Ibrahim Ismail Chundrigar Gujrati

Feroz Khan Noon Punjabi

Nurul Amin Bengali

Muhammad Khan Junejo Sindi

Benazir Bhutto Sindi

Ghulam Mustafa Jatoi Sindi

Balakh Sher Mazari Balochi

Moeenuddin Ahmad Qureshi Punjabi

Malik Meraj Khalid Punjabi

Zafarullah Khan Jamali Balochi

Chaudhary Shujat Hussain Punjabi

Shaukar Aziz Muhajir (Urdu Speaking)

Yousuf Raza Gilani Punjabi

Raja Pervez Asharaf Punjabi

Mir Hazar Khan Khoso Balochi

Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif Kashmiri

Last edited:
Niazis of mianwali, bhakkar and layyah introduce themeselves as pathans not punjabis.....i know it for certain because i have had plenty of interactions with them, my relatives are there.

You guys allow marriages with impure punjabi pathan? ;)

cb4, leaders seldom matter. The power base in different fields and state institutions that matters really though.
Don't call Imran Khan punjabi, already Afghan kharam khors accuse him of being punjabi slave and isi agent hell bent on destroying Pakistani pakhtuns.

The thing is Afghan Pasthuns compared to Pakistani Pasthuns are just jealous. They have been far left behind the Pakistani Pasthuns. Paskistan Pasthuns in KPK have progressed ahead, they are totally better off then the same suicide-rs, tribal Afghans. They are still primitive and tribal in nature. Afghanis by all definitions is not a successful society, they are backward. The country is in stone age. Where as Pakistani Pasthuns have steered forward and forward from past 65 + years.

Second point I totally get u, we should only define ourselves as a Pakistani and a Muslim. We are just Pakistanis and that is really what is our identity and ideology.

Yep, Imran Khan is Pakistani nationalist but aware of his indentity. Just like rest of punjabis who are rajputs, gujjars, arain, jats etc

cb4, leaders seldom matter. The power base in different fields and state institutions that matters really though.

The thing is Afghan Pasthuns compared to Pakistani Pasthuns are just jealous. They have been far left behind the Pakistani Pasthuns. Paskistan Pasthuns in KPK have progressed ahead, they are totally better off then the same suicide-rs, tribal Afghans. They are still primitive and tribal in nature. Afghanis by all definitions is not a successful society, they are backward. The country is in stone age. Where as Pakistani Pasthuns have steered forward and forward from past 65 + years.

Second point I totally get u, we should only define ourselves as a Pakistani and a Muslim. We are just Pakistanis and that is really what is our identity and ideology.
But same things are said about pakistani pakhtuns...jahil and backward society, people living in stone age and in caves. In pakistan a pashtun is recognized by professions like watchman, labourer, driver etc

Yep, Imran Khan is Pakistani nationalist but aware of his indentity. Just like rest of punjabis who are rajputs, gujjars, arain, jats etc
He is quite proud of his pathan identity....he wrote a book "journey through the lands of warrior race"....

But same things are said about pakistani pakhtuns...jahil and backward society, people living in stone age and in caves. In pakistan a pashtun is recognized by professions like watchman, labourer, driver etc"....

What about punjabi sweepers in KPK? Im pretty sure there are many stereo types of punjabis as well.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom