What's new

PUNJ LLYOD MAY BAG ITS MAIDEN DEFENSE CONTRACT WORTH RS 400 CRORE

Dont want to sound racist or anything but we probably need a North Indian Defence Minister. This south Indian culture of being too cautious and calculative is not right for our defence needs right now. Just being politically incorrect.

Or may be it's just that typical culture amongst older Indians of being extra cautious, bargaining way too much that is hurting us.

Not sure what it is but has to be something.

I disagree quite a bit with what you have said. Cautious and calculative are good traits for any CEO, which is pretty much the role of a DM in the MoD.
Antony was not over cautious or calculative, he was a congress yes man, he had no personal ambitions, he promoted institutional inaction, he had no concern for the forces and he was incompetent and an imbecile in my book.

This has nothing to do with North Indian or South Indian. FM Carriapa, was a south Indian, his foresight shaped the Indian Military as it stands today. Talent is talent, it's not governed by geography, language or religion or any other subscriptions.

MOD bureaucrats are worse among the Lot .. they make the defense ministers ( either by ego massage or by putting the fear of scandal) putty ! their moto is simple : no work .. no scandal !
I disagree of this one brush stroke to paint all. There are enough scandals even without work, tatra is a prime example. It has less to do with MOD bureaucrats and more with the existing nexus of Political figures, DPSU heads, Middlemen and Military officers that plague the system.

Do you think that George Fernandez too incompetent?
I disagree quite a bit with what you have said. Cautious and calculative are good traits for any CEO, which is pretty much the role of a DM in the MoD.
Antony was not over cautious or calculative, he was a congress yes man, he had no personal ambitions, he promoted institutional inaction, he had no concern for the forces and he was incompetent and an imbecile in my book.

This has nothing to do with North Indian or South Indian. FM Carriapa, was a south Indian, his foresight shaped the Indian Military as it stands today. Talent is talent, it's not governed by geography, language or religion or any other subscriptions.

I disagree of this one brush stroke to paint all. There are enough scandals even without work, tatra is a prime example. It has less to do with MOD bureaucrats and more with the existing nexus of Political figures, DPSU heads, Middlemen and Military officers that plague the system.
not possible without MOD bureaucrats approval and participation.

Zu 23 - 2 are obsolete in any case, Artemis 30 were supposed to replace them, but nothing happens in this new govt.

Although ZU 23 are deployed at forward LOC/LAC post as direct suppression/HMG not as AA role, which is better than any HMG out there.

If u have seen mod approval, indigenous products all got the contract faster..

Things from abroad alone took time.

Parrikar is trying to change the system itself, so that future is secure,.

It isn't just buying a weapon and it's over after that..
It's lot more than that.

Back
Top Bottom