What's new

India receives Rs 65,000 crore investment proposals for semiconductor and electronics manufacturing

@levina doesn't even know what a conductor is let alone a semi or a super conductor ! :whistle:

In her Engineering Exams when she asked to name a Semi-Conductor used in the manufacture of Bus Engines she wrote :

Praful the part time Bus Conductor ! :blink:

At least you were better than @Ayush who wrote 'I don't take Bus to college so I don't know what his name is' ! :disagree:

Praful...my foot!:pissed:

You are a defective diode who cheats in the exams by leaking:lol:

And now tell me why is the capacitor no more in military service??:azn:

If we develop a proper semiconductor manufacturing industry, it will go a long way in arresting flight of forex reserves. IIRC, import of electronic stuff is the second biggest drain, after petroleum. It will massively help in correcting trade imbalance, especially vis a vis China.

Because it has been discharged?

By 2020 India's market of electronic will be of $ 400 billion and India will be able to meet 80% of it with the help of these steps. :angel::tup:

For rest of the 20% govt. need to step up after the elections. :agree:

I scored a C in Physics & swore never to study it again ! :ashamed:

So I can't even recall what a Capacitor did except maybe it had something to do with the charging & discharging of electrons - Naahhhh maybe it was something else ! :undecided:

I scored a C in Physics & swore never to study it again ! :ashamed:

So I can't even recall what a Capacitor did except maybe it had something to do with the charging & discharging of electrons - Naahhhh maybe it was something else ! :undecided:

Hehehe..so I guess you're not even trying the second one.:devil:

@janon answered the first one for you.And the answer to second one is "because transistor is a bad collector" :)
Now go to the corner of the class and face the wall and stand there for 40mins...all the while sticking your tongue out.:coffee:

all i could remember is transistors are of two types npn and pnp...capacitorid used to store charge :D @levina

That will be another big leap - a leap that would make a big distance with other countries. Congratulations!

India is always in the right track in the matter of technological developments.

Thank you:-)

Dont need to drag political parties in to this.All these decision is taken by high ranking civil service officials in cooperation with
Industrialists and technicians .GoI only duty is to give permission to it and aware people about its merits and ensure job opportunites to youths.
This is spontaneous.Now we are second fastest growing economy in the world.So Indians are becoming electronics hungry people.And in 2020 its become 400billion$ business.So we started this .And Indian enterprenurs forseen a golden opportunity .
By developing all chips in India .Their products will become more competitive.Just think advantages of MicroMax and its smartphones due to this.

Last edited:
Well as a student of electrical engineering myself nothing will make me more happy if one day an Indian made chip will be running my laptop. India is graduating 1.5 million engineers per year so skill shortage is not even an issue.

The real issue is the government support. Electronics industries and clusters especially the semiconductor faber labs thrive on govt support. They don't turn profitable until 3-5 years after. But we all know the IT revolution has seen. For every dollar invested in 1990s Indian government made 18$ after 10 years. When govt wanted to invest in IT sector, people were against it and govt proved them wrong. Now same can be repeated in the hardware sector too.

Apart from giving incentives to big multinations like Sony, samsung govt should encourage start up companies too so future graduates like me can accomplish their dreams.

And I believe for full growth of the electronics market India must apply some protectionist policies in the electronics sector. It might seem a little odd at this time, but we all know how Americans used protectionist policies to protect them from Japanese competition back in the 1980s. The Japs were totally owning the American customers.

Back
Top Bottom