What's new

Pulwama - From Bluster to a Whimper

@Hodor

Another angle to analyze this F-16 'leak' and U-Turn is to wait for possible Block 70/72 deliveries or V upgrade. That would shed some light on the sudden U-turn.

Not getting this one.

With the H4 we could at least argue we used a bomb albeit a rocket powered one. Using such a long range weapon would have left no option to the Indians but to retaliate with a similar weapon such as the Brahmos
Brahmos is a missile while H4 is a glide bomb,yes there's a booster at the launch but H4 isnt classified as a missile.

This is not S/L Hassan,it's someone else going on an ADA mission.You never see an aircraft parked in the HAS after a combat mission like this.

I was once at a MOB,aircrafts were parked into the hangars right after when they came back from their sortie.But yes the video isnt what it looks like.

Few observations:

1. Mirage-5PA fired the H-4, the original 5PA version doesn't have a radar. This mean H-4 launch doesn't require Fighter to have radar, unless PAF has upgraded 5PA with radars.

2. Mirage-IIID is twin seater trainer, also without radar. Data link between H-4 and guiding aircraft doesn't need radar.

This means that PAF AWACS Erieye could be conducting all radar related monitoring and surveillance for Mirages and vectoring them towards their target.

3. REK is a kit for converting MK-80-series general purpose bombs (GPB) into satellite-aided inertial navigation system (GPS/INS)-guided bombs, using autonomous guidance. Would JF-17's Radar also be switched OFF while its guided by Erieye?

4. Could this mean that only F-16's and JF-17's flying CAP's inside AJK had their radars switched ON to engage IAF aircrafts ?

5. Can SAAB Erieye guide AMRAAM launched from F-16 through Link-16 instead of F-16 using its own APG-68 ? just like Erieye does for Gripen's AMRAAM launch.

H4 uses GPS or can be controlled via a stick and high def camera fitted in the a/c,its doesnt require radar.Elevation or coordinates ki game hy sari.

it really hurts to see that jf 17 did not get score at that time

It scored A-G kills though.

Okay point taken. So how much truth is there in this audio clip?
https://clyp.it/o1qoejl5#
@HRK @airomerix @Hodor

This audio has many faults in it,someone said he aint even military.

The twin seat Mirages do have FLIR though for guidance and target acquisition... maybe that played a role. Also I would not take the 5PA version seriously ... it could just as well have been Mirage 5Fs with FLIR.

FLIR has been removed from most of mirages.Mirages are not used for Recce anymore.

5F is ROSE upgraded, 15 Sqd flies ROSE Mirages?

No,but 15 has different variants.

Last edited:
Okay point taken. So how much truth is there in this audio clip?
https://clyp.it/o1qoejl5#
@HRK @airomerix @Hodor
old clip with many mix ups .... would not accept it as authentic but as we know it came out just after the incident when different reports were coming so misleading parts are obvious in this audio clip ...

The twin seat Mirages do have FLIR though for guidance and target acquisition... maybe that played a role. Also I would not take the 5PA version seriously ... it could just as well have been Mirage 5Fs with FLIR.
H-4 have EO guidance

PDF members to jhotay thy hi ab @Maarkhoor sb ny Kaiser Tufail ko bhe jhota bna dea hy.

Hassan is an F-16 pilot and was sitting in a B model.But yeah now you'll start abusing and what not,like when you were told Mirages were part of strike package but you totally denied it and started posting filth.And dont start a new debate,I have no intentions to derail the thread.
mujhy is se koi fark nhi parta jf-17 or f-16 or f-7 as long as we win the battle sir

there was a video which clearly shows 2 jf-17s returns back...still waiting for our pilots to be honored...we won the air battle.. whether its f-16s or jf-17s or their combo who downed indian planes... it doesnt matter

there was a video which clearly shows 2 jf-17s returns back...still waiting for our pilots to be honored...we won the air battle.. whether its f-16s or jf-17s or their combo who downed indian planes... it doesnt matter
f-16 ne mara man jao ab to :lol:

I agree. But

I've been saying the following since 28th Feb

1) 29 Squadron was in action (People asked for sources)
2) No JF-17s got the kills (people asked for sources)
3) Wg Cmdr Nauman got the Bison kill
4) MANY MORE.

I post on this forum after having a word or two with the officers involved. I might reveal the entire story. But the crux is always there. And slowly it is coming out. This article is one such revelation.

It means Mr. KT was allowed to release a bit of Information as part of strategy?

PDF members to jhotay thy hi ab @Maarkhoor sb ny Kaiser Tufail ko bhe jhota bna dea hy.

Hassan is an F-16 pilot and was sitting in a B model.But yeah now you'll start abusing and what not,like when you were told Mirages were part of strike package but you totally denied it and started posting filth.And dont start a new debate,I have no intentions to derail the thread.
you are correct,
someone forwarded his joke with the fellow pilots who were joking that IAF is claiming to have shot him down and killed him and he was laughing abck saying that he was very much alive and flying the F-16 in CAP which Indians were claiming to have shotdown

reminds me one one unique 1965 video of PAF squadron where the PAF pilots joke saying Indians have a good look at him now.

re your later part of the post
by quoting we invite such behavior that we find inappropriate. best treatment is no attention or response

I didn't say these words deliberately.You shouldn't have either.People could come out saying "Paf is feeding lies to nation"

We had locks on 8 Indian jets but didnt fire because hell would break out if we did.

I wish you did, seems pretty cowardly to not have. Hell wouldn't break loose, Indians would have just lost more aircraft and your nation would have been proud... and Modi might not have had a landslide victory.

What exactly would IAF had done? They would just sulk and make up some more bollywood drama. PAF needs to develop balls.

@Hodor

@Bilal Khan 777
Sir this guy claims to know each and everything....

Can you visit this thread and tell us either he or she is correct or just bullshitting it here and there and calling names at senior persons.
@Rashid Mahmood @Tps43 @Khafee

@Hodor is an outstanding member and has genuine insider information. It is regretful that we aren't giving him greater respect, which he clearly deserves.

I am just waiting for Tall gay to come and say that the only way that KT blog can be explained is multiple kills by PAF ie more than two :azn:

BTW tallguy no offence...

Back
Top Bottom