What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

I guess its not 5000 guys anymore and in my opinion the crowd has swelled beyond one lac guys and its possible only by joining local populace.
If motorways and Islamabad weren't blocked it would have been doubled or even more.
Plus count millions of their relatives sitting in homes praying for their well being.
Besides general Pakistani 's like me who doesn't support ik or nz but wants this country to prosper and get rid of corruption are also praying for the well being of these marchers.
So it's not just an angry mob.
We need to get rid of these monarchs n senseless politicians.

@Proudpakistaniguy

When they vote for you they are the nation, mere azeez hamwatnonn, when they come to get their mendate back peacefully, withought throwing a stone, they are a mob. This is the logic which has lead to the unfolding Götterdämmerung of the Al-Sharif clan.. :D

govt is in no mood of engaging these people on their demands. all they have got is mere announcements and gimmickry..

however, i still wonder what next after reaching the Parliament house? a govt so insensitive can even keep you waiting outside the parliament house! what will u do then?

PTI should have thought this through better. Unless IK is going by the script as seem to be the case with Dr. Qadri.

A few news channels did a quick sweep of the whole thing, a lot of people concentrated in eh first 400 meters, then much thinner before that, and the tail get even more spread out after that. In addition, the whole side lot of this thing is full of the usual Pakistani past time; spectators a.k.a Tamashbeen.

So there may be a lot less than the 20-25k I was estimating

In 1994, I was in a march from White House to Capitol for cause of Bosnia. It was the first political event arranged by Muslim organizations. We made sure that we were spread out. African American brothers who had been in Civil Rights movement called it a BIG crowd. I was a little skeptical. I thought that it could not be 60K or 80K people. I thought at most we were 40K. In any case a couple of Congressmen came out to address the protest. A helicopter came by, circled and left. In the afternoon, we heard that government estimate was something like 16000. I was disappointed. In any case US policy changed soon afterwards.

The point is that everybody goes by their bias. The reality often turns out to be different.

I have clearly lamented the loss of a 3rd viable force but quit trying to portray that we are happy to see the two-parties to remain in power forever in their current shape and forms!
I blame IK squarely for the latest crisis! If NS had agreed with 4 constituencies then IK would have asked for 10 more. If 10 more then the whole parliament. This loser IK doesn't know politics and IF he ever becomes the PM then his hot-head could Pakistan to even bigger problems.

Tell me: Why so many of his own legislators are ready to dump him?! Did you read Pakistanis news sources where his legislators are skeptical of wins in re-elections because they think they haven't done enough work? Bhai, Kursi sabko pyari lagti hai!

You PTians are blind fanbois! You see that most of Pakistan has rejected IK's march--even 200,000 people are peanuts compared to what IK used to do and what Zardari and NS can still do--but you are in denial about IK's public humiliation.

Thailand's government fell to machinations to its Army on the back of 100K protesters led by Q-League type party leaders.

Read here: PTI, PML-N, Establishment, and the Bangkok Scenario

Last edited:
Fair enough. Lets give him one year and see how he does. Progress is to be decided by people not nawaz, he would only be worried about his then dwindling back balance.
Every major poltical party can bring huge crowd on road even jamaat e islami to implement their demand of shariyat..and there is always some opposition of ruling government so oppsotition and their supporters should go for toppling government after one year ..new trend set by Ik
@Proudpakistaniguy

When they vote for you they are the nation, mere azeez hamwatnonn, when they come to get their mendate back peacefully, withought throwing a stone, they are a mob. This is the logic which has lead to the unfolding Götterdämmerung of the Al-Sharif clan.. :D
Nothing will happen peacefully ..tell me what they will do after entering in redzone? Public life and daily activities of people are getting distrub because of these peaceful people sitting on roads of Islamabad. They are even shitting on road and dirt is everywhere..nothing will be acheive until crowrds get out of control

Every major poltical party can bring huge crowd on road even jamaat e islami to implement their demand of shariyat..and there is always some opposition of ruling government so oppsotition and their supporters should go for toppling government after one year ..new trend set by Ik

While that is true, still no opposition can fool people into seeing an apple as orange. Like I said, to hell with Nawaz and his sell souls, people need to decide if they are happy under Imran's rule after one year compared to what we have seen as Nawaz's 3rd term bank building.

Are you stupid?

You are talking as if IK just randomly brought this crowd out.

If there is a government that came though an election in which around 70,000 votes from every constituency are "unverifiable"..and there are massive charges of rigging on the government..and if government doesn't resign for re-election...then anyone can, and should, bring out crowd for sake of true representation of peoples of Pakistan.

Its funny that pti is still in government while protesting against government..why they did not resign in all assembly before going for toppling government ..which institution held fair election in KPK?

While that is true, still no opposition can fool people into seeing an apple as orange. Like I said, to hell with Nawaz and his sell souls, people need to decide if they are happy under Imran's rule after one year compared to what we have seen as Nawaz's 3rd term bank building.
People need to decide? Which people? Supporterd of ik/qadri or supporters of nawaz/ppp? There is no consensus among people

Are you stupid?

If there is a government that came though an election in which around 70,000 votes from every constituency are "unverifiable"..and there are massive charges of rigging on the government..and if government doesn't resign for re-election...then anyone can, and should, bring out crowd for sake of true representation of peoples of Pakistan.
So what is the political position of qadri and his mureed whose strength is greater than Ik..he did not even participated in election then why Ik made union with him?

In 1994, I was in a march from White House to Capitol for cause of Bosnia. It was the first political event arranged by Muslim organizations. We made sure that we were spread out. African American brothers who had been in Civil Rights movement called it a BIG crowd. I was a little skeptical. I thought that it could not be 60K or 80K people. I thought at most we were 40K. In any case a couple of Congressmen came out to address the protest. A helicopter came by, circled and left. In the afternoon, we heard that government estimate was something like 16000. I was disappointed. In any case US policy changed soon afterwards.

The point is that everybody goes by their bias. The reality often turns out to be different.

thats the very difference. According to what you have mentioned, US govt did not ridicule the crowd even if their estimation was 16000 and took note of the protest. Unfortunately in Pakistan our so called Democratic govts have ridiculed democracy due to their majoritarian way of governance.

violent agitation - even if not justified - is ultimately a result of govt's insensitivity towards opposition's complaints.

govt is in no mood of engaging these people on their demands. all they have got is mere announcements and gimmickry..

however, i still wonder what next after reaching the Parliament house? a govt so insensitive can even keep you waiting outside the parliament house! what will u do then?

PTI should have thought this through better. Unless IK is going by the script as seem to be the case with Dr. Qadri.

Earlier I gave example of General Franco. He waited out his enemies.

No matter what happens, I can see that unless the system works, IK can not assume power.

Are you stupid?

Unverifiable =/= fake. There is a difference. But you do not seem interested in making important distinctions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom