What's new

PTI government failed to protect DI Khan jail despite intelligence warning

no one is loser in KPK govt and in ARmy. the biggest losers will be our Pakistani Awam and Pakistan

The biggest losers would be poor shias of Pakistan. The terrorists who have fled from the prison were those who were involved in sectarian terrorism. Now they would be back to their old activities of purifying Pakistan from "heretics".

Sorry if i dont accept when you blame your screw ups on others .. how silly of me.

Fair enough. You just don't want to admit the failures of Pakistani military. I would leave it at that.

Let me reiterate my comment.

The criminals had to come from South Waziristan where army maintains an infantry division, dera has another division deployed within miles of the action.the criminals could have gone to north waziristan where theres another division.

Why didn't the intelligence inform the 11 peshwar corps in the first place?

you can't expect a govt devoid of cash to raise hit squad out of a police force that has basically given up.

They DID ... but you great KPK gov led by that idiot Khattak told them they could handle this on their own .. they don't need army .. like same in Swat ..

by your logic .. if army leaves swat on the request of KPK gov .. as they can now handle the situation there .. but if it becomes hell again .. it is still fault of army ..

What great reasoning . Marvelous

It is unfair to blame govt in KP. This is a military failure in one's opinion.

Army's 40th infantry division is deployed in Dera, south waziristan has probably 9th infantry division, north has 7th infantry division.

thousands of men surrounding dera. how the hell did these people get in and get out.

shocking.

true, but PTI must now act fast. it is a military failure as civilians are very weak. But still, invest in the police or this would be a disaster for Pakistan.

totally agree with you

this ridiculous excuse of "don't criticize the establishment as it hurts their "moral" even if they have time after times "miserably failed" in their "job" to "prevent" these attacks from happening, is really getting "annoying"now

this is height of incompetency ! I mean there a limit to everything, how can so many of them flee from a jail with the army & police surrounding them ? & all of this when prior Intel was given as per reports, were the intelligent agencies sleeping after that ? why dint they coordinate that info with every branch of the security apparatus & took full measures to prevent this from happening ? this is nothing but total failure on their part

They DID ... but you great KPK gov led by that idiot Khattak told them they could handle this on their own .. they don't need army .. like same in Swat ..

by your logic .. if army leaves swat on the request of KPK gov .. as they can now handle the situation there .. but if it becomes hell again .. it is still fault of army ..

What great reasoning . Marvelous

Firstly, its not my govt, I don't like them at all, but have respect for imran and thats it!

Now, when criminals attack the check posts in fata, does the army check with zardari to launch a counter offensive or to even defend themselves? Do they ask the president?

for these criminals, security forces are the target they dont care about the police or the army. the army defines them as enemy elements and it fights them where ever they can.

Corp commander and division commanders are truly at fault here.

I am no military man, but you can refute the facts of army presence that I described.

If I am wrong, I would admit my mistake wholeheartedly.

Question should be after intelligence warning why didn't the Interior Ministry deploy paramilitary to the jail site. PTI you are new to the political scene and already you look incompetent.

Firstly, its not my govt, I don't like them at all, but have respect for imran and thats it!

Now, when criminals attack the check posts in fata, does the army check with zardari to launch a counter offensive or to even defend themselves? Do they ask the president?

for these criminals, security forces are the target they dont care about the police or the army. the army defines them as enemy elements and it fights them where ever they can.

Corp commander and division commanders are truly at fault here.

I am no military man, but you can refute the facts of army presence that I described.

If I am wrong, I would admit my mistake wholeheartedly.

Sorry i just cant bang my head against wall anymore .. have a nice day .

Question should be after intelligence warning why didn't the Interior Ministry deploy paramilitary to the jail site. PTI you are new to the political scene and already you look incompetent.

According to my dear PTI fellows it is the fault of Army that PTI is not performing .. and tomorrow when there is no water in the toiled it still will be the fault of army . .

You are wrong. Police can not take care of such a huge attack of trained terrorist equipped with machine guns and Bombs. It is the duty of army to take care of them. By the way this will be a huge knock on the moral of Pakistan arm forces. Now they will not fight with these guys with their full potential. They would first of all try to protect themselves.
What you just mentioned amounts to 'fire fighting' by the army. Or shutting the stables after the horses have bolted!

The question is why was there no adequate security arrangements made ab initio by the police when they knew that there are high value terrorist lodged in the prison? There were also intel reports about an impending attack. What were the police and jail authorities doing? Twiddling their thumbs? Adequate security arrangements should have been made especially after receiving the intel reports.

They poodle-fake all the way and when something happens, they call the army for help to sort out the mess they have created. This is total incompetency on the part of the administration that includes the police and jail authorities.

Let's see how many people get sacked for this fiasco. Or would it be more of the same?

I dont know why people think that some intelligence reports means that army or for that matter even a civilian intelligence agency or security operatus knows the exact location or exact planning of terrorists/attacks.

The Army comes under civilian govt. Its the responsibility of civilian set up to take care of law and order. Army had been dragged into it otherwise its NOT responsibility of army to keep an eye on interanal security matters.

The army was called in when everything was over. Army is NOT supposed to come running over any explosion.

It is not about intelligence failure in pin pointing the attack site prior to the attack but about the failure to deploy when the attack was underway for 4 friggin hours!!!..Neither the intelligence or the civilian govt can blamed for that..The army if fighting a bloody war with TTP-they dont need permission from govt to intervene in a TTP attack near army cantonment that supposedly lasted for 4 hours..They could have set up a defensive perimeter around the prison and prevented the terrorists escape with the freed prisoners and kidnapped female staff..They failed to do that and they failed to intercept the convoy of escaping terrorists after the whole 4 hour saga..Why blame civilian govt..?

they should have been placed under a fedral govt prision. guarded by army/paramilitery forces.
how can the provincial govt protect jails with police. its practically impossible.
against militants you require APCs and fully trained personnel
why do they place high profile militants in such jails.
i think the fault is of both provincial govt(for not raising voice( and fedral govt )for not placing them in right prison)

Intel is forwarded as soon as it is received .. this particular intel was forwarded days before the attack , there was even a meeting held a day before in which officials from various agencies briefed civil administration of KPK that there will be an attack on 29th . but guess what they said we are fine .. we can handle it .. we dont need army or FC . and guess the result .

......hmm :rolleyes:

dont forget they operated in garrison town for more than 4 hours, took ride back to waziristan which is no less than 3-4 hour long in convoy. pretty much Bannu jail break repeated, and remember, remember Bannu jail break !!

@F.O.X @Leader @Areesh @Major Sam Lets act a little sane here. It was failure on both sides. KPK Govt was informed about exact day of attack and they were advised to get help from Army, they should have accepted it considering the level of their police force, but sadly they refused and all this happened.

On the other hand, what our Intel Agencies and Army did? They informed KPK Govt and when they refused, what did Intel / Army did then? Nothing?? Even though I admit that KPK Govt failed to handle situation in DI Khan, but its not digestible how a convoy of 150 militants set off from Waziristan (which is highly militarized with lots of check posts everywhere) and after 4 hours travel, it reaches DI Khan, do the battle there, then accommodate about 250 prisoners with them and goes back to waziristan safe and sound..

Lets say, if KPK Govt was not interested in taking care of the issue or was not willing to involve Army into it. Why Army didn't take care of those militants in FATA at first place? Why Army let all those militants to pass through and enter into KPK, and again didn't bother to intercept them while they were going back to FATA?? Don't you think if Army was willing to intercept these terrorists and since they had the intel why it didn't happen? Especially in FATA where Army is completely independent from any political interferences?? These are a few big questions which we can't ignore.

PS: I'm not here to defend KPK Govt, they did a blundewr here. But it was all KPK Govt's fault, Army did her part..

Last edited by a moderator:
@F.O.X @Leader @Areesh @Major Sam Lets act a little sane here. It was failure on both sides. KPK Govt was informed about exact day of attack and they were advised to get help from Army, they should have accepted it considering the level of their police force, but sadly they refused and all this happened.

On the other hand, what our Intel Agencies and Army did? They informed KPK Govt and when they refused, what did Intel / Army did then? Nothing?? Even though I admit that KPK Govt failed to handle situation in DI Khan, but its not digestible how a convoy of 150 militants set off from Waziristan (which is highly militarized with lots of check posts everywhere) and after 4 hours travel, it reaches DI Khan, do the battle there, then accommodate about 250 prisoners with them and goes back to waziristan safe and sound..

Lets say, if KPK Govt was not interested in taking care of the issue or was not willing to involve Army into it. Why Army didn't take care of those militants in FATA at first place? Why Army let all those militants to pass through and enter into KPK, and again didn't bother to intercept them while they were going back to FATA?? Don't you think if Army was willing to intercept these terrorists and since they had the intel why it didn't happen? Especially in FATA where Army is completely independent from any political interferences?? These are a few big questions which we can't ignore.

PS: I'm not here to defend KPK Govt, they did a blundewr here. But it was all KPK Govt's fault, Army did her part..

Govt cannot be blamed, how exactly could they defend against such attack? Army/FC should have protected and countered the attack, even when they were on the run, they should have done a hot pursuit.

unless ofcourse it was pre-planned not to do like Bannu jail break?

p.s. having said that now its KPK govt to develop secure jails and trained police.

here it is what KPK govt should do, oh wait they are already on it.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/578768/detention-facility-high-security-prison-to-be-built-in-k-p/

Chief Minister Pervez Khattak has directed the authorities to initiate process of establishment of a high security prison along with women prison in the province, while water filtration plants should be installed in all the prisons of the province.

This he stated while briefing officials of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Department of Prisons here on Thursday. On the occasion, KP Inspector General Prisons, Khalid Abbas gave a detail presentation about the existing conditions of prisons in the province, number of prisoners in the province, facilities being provided to the prisoners in the jails, formal and informal education being imparted to them, jail menu, jail reforms, financial matters, security of jail, development scheme of the department and other related matters.

It was told on the occasion that records and management system of all the jails in the province would be computerised during the current year while record and system of Central Jail Peshawar had already been computerized. It was also informed that besides other developmental projects, construction of Central Jail Swat, District Jail Shangla, Women Jail Peshawar, District Jail Malakand, District Jail Charsadda and District Jail Nowshera were included in the annual development programme of the department. The Chief Minister directed the concerned authorities to expedite the pace of work on the reconstruction of Central Jail Peshawar. He expressed his satisfaction over the overall performance of the Prisons department and expressed the hope that the department will perform much better in the future. Besides, Advisor to Chief Minister on Prisons, Malik Qasim, Chief Secretary Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Arbab Mohammad Shehzad, Additional Chief Secretary Finance, Sahibzada Saeed, Secretary Home Azam Khan, Secretary Planning & Development, Dr Asad Ali, Secretary Health, Dr Fakhre-Alam, Secretary Social Welfare, Hamayun Khan and others attended the briefing.

18 july 2013

p.s.

Yes, if after 1-2 years, same is repeated, then I will agree with you that its KPK govt's fault.

The biggest losers would be poor shias of Pakistan. The terrorists who have fled from the prison were those who were involved in sectarian terrorism. Now they would be back to their old activities of purifying Pakistan from "heretics".

Fair enough. You just don't want to admit the failures of Pakistani military. I would leave it at that.

so u mean sunni didnt die yet? or person is dead only consider when he is form minority.

hats off to you buddy. feel like ur from minority too

there are many questions of which we dont have any answers. we can just creates conspiracy theories and blame each other. until we don't have any policy at national level and until we will not make our mind clear either we have to fight with them or we have to do peace. this things will happen again and again and more people will die.

i will say at the end ots our collective failure because may be people here forgetting taht inside side help was there as i heard in a talk show that when taliban went inside jail the some lockup was already open. in video i saw in lockup they are using chinese locks which u can even break with hammer. what FCK is this yara

Back
Top Bottom