What's new

PTI changes date of Islamabad protest

Punjab is not a province of charity seekers: Moonis Elahi

dsc_0740-1024x680.jpg

Lahore After the failure of the tandoor scam if CM Punjab thinks that his upcoming Langar hoax will save N League’s sinking boat he is sadly mistaken. Punjab is not a province of charity seekers and the proud people of Punjab demand their constitutional right to better life instead of being humiliated through N League’s sham roti, atta and langar schemes. If CM Punjab had an iota of genuine concern for the poor of the province he would have long ago dumped his huge army of useless advisors who are merely getting fatter day by day on public money. These were the views of Moonis Elahi, central leader of Pakistan Muslim League expressed during a meeting in Lahore today with office bearers of Pakistan Muslim League Labor Wing.

In the meeting Moonis Elahi blamed N League’s Punjab government for squandering massive public funds for cheap political gimmicks and huge personal gains at the expense of the innocent and proud Punjabis. He blamed N League for reducing Punjab once the bread basket of the country to a food deficient region and for insulting the pride of its people by forcing them to stand in long lines for flour, sugar and other necessary food items.

Moonis Elahi called CM Punjab’s latest announcement regarding the launch of Langar (public kitchen) scheme in Punjab as yet another hoax meant to deceive people and to extort public funds. If poor people can successfully run langars (public kitchens) at Data Sahib’s shrine in Lahore and at similar other holy places in Punjab with their scant resources and on their own then why can’t the N League leadership with its huge financial assets follow suit? Moonis Elahi asked while adding that the truth was that N League’s leadership had a history of taking money from the poor and not giving it back to them.

The langar scheme was going to be another fraud with the people and like in the earlier tandoor scam where 30 billion rupees of public money had disappeared the upcoming langar hoax was also bound to gobble further billions, he alleged. This time the people of Punjab will not be deceived and if any attempt is made to misappropriate public funds for political gimmickry they will confront the rulers, declared Moonis Elahi.

IK is protesting on the roads, and his reasons are 100% valid.

IK is just a pawn being used to keep the present government unsettled on purpose, that is all. There is nothing valid or legitimate about his actions. He should sit in Parliament as he was elected to do., and wait for the next elections to win enough seats for PTI to form the next government, if he can.

Pata nahi IK sahi hey kay ghalat par eek cheez clear hey.. woh zaroor koi asa kaam kar raha hey jo ye sab eek hogaye hain aur woh alag hey!
Blocking Islamabad is not in the interest of Pakistan. Don't leave all things on Allah, it doesn't work as you think when God gave you mind , use it . You know what is right or wrong. PTI have right for peaceful protect, but they don't have right to threat anyone and bring decision by force. We are not in position to afford any unrest in capital city & bloodshed.

IK is just a pawn being used to keep the present government unsettled on purpose, that is all. There is nothing valid or legitimate about his actions. He should sit in Parliament as he was elected to do., and wait for the next elections to win enough seats for PTI to form the next government, if he can.

You are living in an imaginary world or in the world of Noora. No opposition sits quietly when there is open looting going on.

It's not about winning seats, it's about the welfare of Pakistan and Pakistanis. I'm not a PTI fan, but I support the message from IK and what he's doing. His stance has been the same all his political life and he's creating awareness in people.

You can knit pick on him all you want. It won't make any difference to the movement.

The same people who cry of corruption in this forum turn out to not do anything for the country when it is time for practical actions. I don't agree with the PTI dharna politics but one must imagine what other options remain to get justice or to uncover the truth. This is the only way left and the only way in especially Pakistan, where never a ruling party member is touched until in government which speaks volume of the BS system we have in place. Big evidence is there this time and in a good and uncorrupt democracy the institutions should have mobilized automatically and made the ruling family accountable and answerable for these leaks. But instead the people have to fight to even get the most obvious of corruption and money laundering prosecuted.

The point of these protests are not to get PMLN out. It is against the corruption of the PM and his family which is a personal issue of the sharif family and the govt officials should not be commenting or defending these issues. Look at David Cameron when alleged of money laundering he presented himself and proved his earnings and tax returns himself not his party or ministers. Why NS is afraid of if he is clean. He should present himself and prove his innocence and come out clean. This will also increase his credibility and will be a big slap on the face of the opposition with increase in public confidence. Proving himself clean might even win him the next elections with a bigger margin.

But everyone in Pakistan knows what these people have done to the country but the popular notion remains that everyone is corrupt. So what? Let everyone keep doing what they are doing or catch everyone? It should be started from the latest leaks and from the people with the highest authority. The first step is for anyone named in these leaks is to step down if in govt and clear himself before returning to office. If the people of highest authority do not step down and cleared first they can influence the investigation on themselves and others.

I respect IK only because in my view he has been true to his words and is doing everything possible to stand firm on his words. The outcome is not controlled by him but the people. Your get what you deserve. If they can't or don't want to rid himself of this menace now, they never can in the future. Just need to look at the figures whether corruption has reduced over the time or increased and you will find the answer if it can be deemed as a self-solving issue. It is not!

You are living in an imaginary world or in the world of Noora. No opposition sits quietly when there is open looting going on.

It's not about winning seats, it's about the welfare of Pakistan and Pakistanis. I'm not a PTI fan, but I support the message from IK and what he's doing. His stance has been the same all his political life and he's creating awareness in people.

You can knit pick on him all you want. It won't make any difference to the movement.

The first dharna was a failure. Let's talk after this second one fails too, okay? :D

The first dharna was a failure. Let's talk after this second one fails too, okay? :D

Let's talk when this whole rotten so-called-domocracy system gets uprooted and replaced with a better one. IK wants fixes within this system and that's not possible. How many patch works can be done to a collapsing building when patchwork starts damaging the building even more. There will be no elections in 2018 or earlier for that matter. And when they do happen, Nawaz Zardari and possibly even Imran won't be part of them.

But I'm sure you'll blame IK solely for that change, irrespective of all the looting by Nawaz and Co.

And Nawaz has been suicidal all his life so he'll do something really stupid. Maybe repeat of what he and his brother did in model town.

Pakistan can withstand protests against the rulers but what Pakistan can't withstand is open murders by the rulers.

Let's talk when this whole rotten so-called-domocracy system gets uprooted and replaced with a better one. IK wants fixes within this system and that's not possible. How many patch works can be done to a collapsing building when patchwork starts damaging the building even more. There will be no elections in 2018 or earlier for that matter. And when they do happen, Nawaz Zardari and possibly even Imran won't be part of them.

But I'm sure you'll blame IK solely for that change, irrespective of all the looting by Nawaz and Co.

The present rotten system will improve only gradually, with regular elections, if the process is not intentionally and foolishly disrupted, as has been done many times in the past. There is no suddenly miraculous cure to this situation. The Pakistani people will learn to vote better each time. Let everyone wait for the next elections.

Last edited:
The present rotten system will improve only gradually, with regular elections, if the process is not intentionally and foolishly disrupted, as has been done many times in the past. There is a no suddenly miraculous cure to this situation. The Pakistani people will learn to vote better each time. Let everyone wait for the next elections.

No rotten system auto corrects with variables of Pakistan! Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid. With such low literacy rate and poverty (where price of vote is one meal), this drum of self-correction is just imaginary.

So stop misguiding others. My dad said this same thing many years back (PMLN supporter) and even he now says that as long as these Dynastic rulers plague Pakistan there will be no self-correction.

And under PPP and N rule of last 8.5 years, the debt has more than tripled, poverty has shot up and so has unemployment. And you still speak the mantra of self-correction! Wow! Some serious blinkers ...

No rotten system auto corrects with variables of Pakistan! Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid. With such low literacy rate and poverty (where price of vote is one meal), this drum of self-preservation is just imaginary.

So stop misguiding others. My dad said this many years back (PMLN supporter) and even he now says that as long as these Dynastic rulers plagues Pakistan there will be no self-correction.

And under PPP and N rule of last 8.5 years, the debt has more than tripled, poverty has shot up and so has unemployment. And you still speak the mantra of self-correction! Wow! Some serious blinkers ...

Please tell me how well has interrupting the regular and legal processes worked out for Pakistan in the past? It will be no different this time either, if the mistakes of the past are repeated once again. Every illegal act in changing governments has left Pakistan in a far worse situation than before. It is time to stop this madness.

Until Pakistani institutions apart from the army start working independently there is hope, I can't see that happening anytime soon.

If anything, then IK is that
Please tell me how well has interrupting the regular and legal processes worked out for Pakistan in the past? It will be no different this time either, if the mistakes of the past are repeated once again. Every illegal act in changing governments has left Pakistan in a far worse situation than before. It is time to stop this madness.

Why are you intentionally ignoring what an 'elected' Bhutto did to Pakistan - and that election was renowned to be fair and free in our history. He took a thriving economy and turned it in to ruins. Ever since, we've been trying to self correct! Either through martial law or turns between PPP and PMLN. Nawaz is a by-product of a dictatorship regime and his mindset is of a dictator as well. Zardari was a thug and his mindset is unchanged.

Process of elections alone is not democracy in itself.

Dictatorship is a failed system and this ever since 1971 democracy system is a failure too. For British type of democracy to work, higher literacy and significant reduction in poverty is a must. Otherwise your next generations will be speaking of self correction as well.

Maybe IK is the start of this self correction. He's only demanding the removal of the PM (for his corruption), and not the government itself. Noora should step down, let the investigation happen then come back if all clear. Law is for everyone, and elections is not a court to convict.

And constitution is for Pakistan, not the other way around. Constitution can be torn and rewritten, but not the country itself.

Dictatorship was failure and so is this type of democracy. A new system that works for Pakistan with the variables we have should be created.

He's only demanding the removal of the PM

The only legal way to remove an elected PM is by passing a no-confidence motion in Parliament, of which IK is a member. (Or if the PM calls early elections.) Trying to remove an alleged criminal by doing illegal acts yourself is the height of hypocrisy and irony.

What exactly is the standards of a successful dharna?
I want to educate myself about it.
Thanks!

A good DJ helps a dharna be "successful". :D

A good DJ helps a dharna be "successful". :D

Haha. Good one.
So his DJ ain't good?

But don't you think, this Panama issue is still alive just because of IK and the dharnas?
And how about taking so so many people out? And awareness in people?
I think he's succeeding?
Success doesn't have one particular definition? Right?
Even if he successfully educate 100 people about the system and raising up against corruption. Isn't it a success?

Back
Top Bottom