What's new

PTCL offers 8Mbps with unlimited downloads for Rs.2999

Mostly pathetic! It all depends upon the luck of customer. If there service is good in your area then enjoy, if not then you can go to hell since its not their business to give you what they promised.

BTW, PTCL providing this plan on FTTH or FTTN? Because I dont think copper wire can support a 8 Mbps speed.

My bro came from Karachi last year he had this device same like yours' it was slower that a tortoise even on our smartphones. :hitwall:
Yeah, I wasted rupee 3K on device, 2500 rupee on recharges, 200 Rupee on adapter, 800 rupee on external antenna and 1000 rupee in trips I made to their stopshop in pursuit of finding good internet speed they claimed. In the end I threw all that stuff i bought from PTCL in store room and switched back the wi-tribe :mad:

BTW, PTCL providing this plan on FTTH or FTTN? Because I dont think copper wire can support a 8 Mbps speed.
I don't know but with my experience I can safely assume this will be a lie.

Yeah, I wasted rupee 3K on device, 2500 rupee on recharges, 200 Rupee on adapter, 800 rupee on external antenna and 1000 rupee in trips I made to their stopshop in pursuit of finding good internet speed they claimed. In the end I threw all that stuff i bought from PTCL in store room and switched back the wi-tribe :mad:

I don't know but with my experience I can safely assume this will be a lie.

Unfortunately for me wi-tribe here in Bahria Town did not work good and they charged be so much I had to throw the device on their face they did not even refund me complete money.

Its a great deal for you Pakistanis . Atleast the offers are far far better then what Airtel used to give to us .
Rs 3000 accounts to about Indian Rs 1700 and for that you're getting 8 mbps and on top of that unlimited downloading . Bahut lucky ho saalo .

Its a great deal for you Pakistanis . Atleast the offers are far far better then what Airtel used to give to us .
Rs 3000 accounts to about Indian Rs 1700 and for that you're getting 8 mbps and on top of that unlimited downloading . Bahut lucky ho saalo .

I think you doesnt know service of MTNL?

jokers.. speed wohi 128 kb

That's the case almost everywhere. The 'Up to' part is the key. Up to '8mb/s' could be anything could be 0.1, could be 7.9.
Look instead for average speed in your area.

Just divide your internet speed stated in kbps or mbps by 8, and you will get the speed that you see while downloading in KBps or MBps.

So for a 4mbps connection it should be 512KBps.

I have a copper cable from my house to the box (the rest is fibre) and it's 150 mbps (i.e. ~20 MB/s).

I have a copper cable from my house to the box (the rest is fibre) and it's 150 mbps (i.e. ~20 MB/s).
Yup i have ftth. From copper cable means... MTNL style..in which you get copper cable from telephone exchange and get a single cable for internet and phone line.

I get +400kb on average on 4mb.

If anyone is getting lesser than 400kb+ download speed on 4mb than get your connection checked.

Nice plan for 3 K pak rupees.

Here is my speedtest of my home connection:

Thanks to indian railways i now have better internet in my vilage than most city folks hehehehe .

As a computer science student I know that in internet connection what speed is listed is actually in bits not byte. so if u get 1mb internet connection its actually 1024 kilobit mean 1 mega bit so divide it by 8bits => 1024/8 = 128 kbytes. So for 8mb connection its 1 megabyte/seconds download speed.

Just divide your internet speed stated in kbps or mbps by 8, and you will get the speed that you see while downloading in KBps or MBps.

So for a 4mbps connection it should be 512KBps.

That is the achievable speed in ideal circumstances. It is not realistic, however, as the actual speed depends on many factors. An excellent connection will give you a download speed of around 480-500 KBps

Nice plan for 3 K pak rupees.

Here is my speedtest of my home connection:

Thanks to indian railways i now have better internet in my vilage than most city folks hehehehe .

Its the upload thats impressive. What I wouldnt do to get that upload. I could be running a humdered cameras on that.

Dude. Check this..

xfncjm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom