What's new

PTCL Doube Internet Speed! Great News 8MB Package Announced!

Patriot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
PTCL has doubled its broadband data rate speed and upgraded all its existing 2Mbps customers to 4Mbps data rate on the same tariff and all existing 4Mbps customers have been upgraded to 6Mbps data service at the same tariff. In addition a new 8Mbps package has also been introduced. PTCL will have the following data rates for all its broadband existing and new customers with effect from July 15th 2010.

1. 1Mbps at Rs 1199
2. 4Mbps at Rs 1999
3. 6Mbps at Rs 4999
4. 8Mbps at Rs 6999

The existing 2Mbps package will no more exist and all existing 2Mbps customers have already been upgraded to 4Mbps package on the same tariff.

-
Great News :smitten::smitten::smitten:

PTCL BroadBand Double Speed

Dude i've used internet in the time when 56kb used to cost 100 rs per hour.So i am happy Pakistan is advancing.

if 4MB is only 1999rs then 8mb should have been for maximum of 3500rs

thanks for the updates though

Well I was planning to shift to PTCL. So a great step by PTCL. I would definitely go for 4 mb.

:tup:

Dude i've used internet in the time when 56kb used to cost 100 rs per hour.So i am happy Pakistan is advancing.
I remember that time too....We had Excel net, brain net, Then comes the choka :lol:

But with this high speed i am getting high ping on Pakistani servers above 250 can you believe it. Can't play any online game with this ping. And also no good news for me as i use 1 MB and no change in it.

Good news for PTCL ADSL users, including my bro in PAK :P

Good news for PTCL ADSL users, including my bro in PAK :P
Just want to confirm. I've heard net is expensive in Gulf is it true. Atleast calling is. Fuckin charge 18 Rs a min to KSA. but when i talk USA 2 Rs /min. cheaper than local mobile. :P

I remember that time too....We had Excel net, brain net, Then comes the choka :lol:

But with this high speed i am getting high ping on Pakistani servers above 250 can you believe it. Can't play any online game with this ping. And also no good news for me as i use 1 MB and no change in it.

i think there was a microsoft package as well. Internet cafe's used to charge big money :sick:

I can remember when i told my brother that we can listen audio songs on internet from smashits.com - he was so impressed hehehe he always thought you have to download it..... and that too used to buffer before playing full song :lol:

Good old days - now even youtube never buffer while playing HD Videos

i think there was a microsoft package as well. Internet cafe's used to charge big money :sick:

I can remember when i told my brother that we can listen audio songs on internet from smashits.com - he was so impressed hehehe he always thought you have to download it..... and that too used to buffer before playing full song :lol:

Good old days - now even youtube never buffer while playing HD Videos
Yeah....But it was still fun....Chatting all night long...Everyone was excited about the internet but now who gives a ****. I hardly see anyone in netcafes now. The 56K almost vanished. No more Internet cards in the market.

yeah thats because of the physical distance.If Pakistan was located in Europe or America we would have much better pings.For example do a tracert on any US server you'll go to PTCL, PIE Rawalpindi, Karachi then Seabone, then US NY or US Atlanta on LEVEL3 or some other carrier (through several routes then goes to server) that eats the ping.You play online games?

Just want to confirm. I've heard net is expensive in Gulf is it true. Atleast calling is. Fuckin charge 18 Rs a min to KSA. but when i talk USA 2 Rs /min. cheaper than local mobile. :P

Yup its expensive, :pop:
512 subscription for a year will cost u around RS 15000

yeah thats because of the physical distance.If Pakistan was located in Europe or America we would have much better pings.For example do a tracert on any US server you'll go to PTCL, PIE Rawalpindi, Karachi then Seabone, then US NY or US Atlanta on LEVEL3 or some other carrier (through several routes then goes to server) that eats the ping.You play online games?
I am getting thsi ping on Pakistani servers....I used to get 25 to 20 now 250......

And i get 200 on europe servers...strange na?

And i play Call of duty united offensive online on eurpeon servers and Counter strike source on Pakistani.

wow, 4Mbps plan rocks, approx 1100 Indian Rupees only. shitz I pay 750 for 512Kbps UL. I will download only 1080p HD rips if 2Mbps + UL becomes affordable, storage is so cheap now, 2TB Hard drives have hit 100$ price point.

Back
Top Bottom