What's new

PSL's newest team is Multan, worth $41.6 million

Yaar i am not against Multan,
I am against not having KASHMIR!!
Simple.

You of all people should understand this.
It does not work like this. Those who buy teams look for opportunity to gather fans and support for their teams and I don't think kahsmir team will gather much fans and also there is no stadium in Kashmir.. Punjab is bigger province that's why they probably thought of having two teams from Punjab...

Three teams from Punjab is unfair
Islamabad united is team which represent capital not Punjab

Islamabad is capital only on map, you know what it represent and who are majority of people there. PCB also needed Hyderabad or Sukkur to represent Sindhis. Because Karachi represent urdu speakers.

Sindhis and Kashmiris have no representation.

Islamabad is capital only on map, you know what it represent and who are majority of people there. PCB also needed Hyderabad or Sukkur to represent Sindhis. Because Karachi represent urdu speakers.

There are people from all provinces who are living in there so don't teach me and Islamabad team stand for united we win
no one is stopping any rich sindhi to make and buy a team which represent Sindh or FATA..Again cricket is more popular in certain region

There are people from all provinces who are living in there so don't teach me and Islamabad team stand for united we win
no one is stopping any rich sindhi to make and buy a team which represent Sindh or FATA..Again cricket is more popular in certain region

Every ethnicity is living in Peshawar, Karachi, Lahore, Multan and Quetta. But when someone hear ISB first thing which comes to their mind is punjabi. When someone hear Karachi, it's muhajirs and for good reason.

Every ethnicity is living in Peshawar, Karachi, Lahore, Multan and Quetta. But when someone hear ISB first thing which comes to their mind is punjabi. When someone hear Karachi, it's muhajirs and for good reason.
no when someone hear word Islamabad then first thing which come in their mind is capital of Pakistan

By the same logic, Quetta is also Pashtun majority, so technically Pashtuns also have two teams and Balochs have no representation?

By the same logic, Quetta is also Pashtun majority, so technically Pashtuns also have two teams and Balochs have no representation?

But no one think of pashtun when it comes to Quetta. It will again become Baloch city ones afghani refugees go back by next year.

I guess a lot of people don't really know how these leagues work. Owners are in this to make money, not appease nationalistic sentiments. A Kashmir team would make no sense. There is not enough financial clout it that region plus you want to keep political controversies away from sport. What owner would want to have their team always at the centre of controversies. It was a wise decision by the owners to choose Multan as it is one of the largest cities of Pakistan which brings with it financial muscle to support a massive investment.

Hyderabad it self is a Urdu speaking city and Sukkur is too small a city to have a franchise.

PCB have stated that they want to have 8 teams in total, I believe the next two teams that should be added should be Hyderabad and Faisalabad.

It does not work like this. Those who buy teams look for opportunity to gather fans and support for their teams and I don't think kahsmir team will gather much fans and also there is no stadium in Kashmir.. Punjab is bigger province that's why they probably thought of having two teams from Punjab...

If you think that A team named Kashmir would have not enough support, publicly and financially, you are wrong. People like me would have supported it over any other team! As for finance, there are millionaires and billionaires from Kashmir, rich people, you should know as a lot of them are in UK :P :D

All said, naming it Kashmir Fighters or anything Kashmir would have been much bigger than the finances anyway!

Yaar i am not against Multan,
I am against not having KASHMIR!!
Simple.

You of all people should understand this.
Isn't a financial problem rather than which city or province? It's all privatize sector pumping up money and casts. If some financier interested in Kashmir there is no stoppage. If I have that kind of money I can go for another Karachi team or Hyderabad.

Three teams from Punjab is unfair
Make them 10 i dont care but AFTER all other parts have at least one! Kashmir, Gilgit and FATA!! After that add many as they want naming them lalamusa, chechu ke malian or whatever!!

But no one think of pashtun when it comes to Quetta. It will again become Baloch city ones afghani refugees go back by next year.

Dude what are you on about. Nobody thinks of Punjab only when they think Islamabad. Its geographically located on the convergence points of KPK, Punjab and Azad Kashmir and has a large population from all sides. Sure Punjabi's might be the majority but that is because nationally Punjabi's are the majority! Its like saying why are there so many English people in London, as capital of the UK there should be an equal number of Scots, welsh and and northern Irish in the city. Reality doesn't work like that.

The Shal valley, where Quetta city is located, is a Pashtun area since time immemorial. The city itself was never Baloch majority before Afghan refugees nor it will become Baloch majority after expulsion of Afghan refugees.

Back
Top Bottom