What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

Two years have passed and at least eight more to go.

Pakistan has completed a design concept for the aircraft so far.

Note, in 1995, Pakistan-China were incapable of even completing a design for the then FC-1/Super-7 project and they had to hire Russia's Rosoboronexport to design this.

By 2003 when the first JF-17 Thunder prototype took off, Pakistan did not even have a test pilot to fly the aircraft. Of course, a branch was later set up and Pakistan has its own test pilots.

There's a facility, a big hall at Kamra with a simulator that has been used for testing Transfer of Technology for the JF-17 Thunder for many years. Basically, Pakistan can ask any company in the world to provide their tech, it's linked with the simulator and tuned to PAC's requirements for the JF-17 Thunder.

Today, Pakistan is building an AESA radar. What? How can a third world country like Pakistan even dream of building such a thing?

I am sometimes baffled why so many Pakistanis have this "can't do" attitude and simply wish to latch onto some other nation.

An unfortunate trait of always looking for short-cuts or the easy way out.

Since when is being realistic counted as negative? We know our capabilities and thus should also manage our expectations and evolve our tactics. Also the technology ladder should be climbed or else big set backs can happen.
you can be realistic only when you have access to all the facts. no one here know PAF its abilities or its tactics like the PAF. So realistically we are all talking cobblers.

Pakistan is Working On Its Own 5th-Gen Stealth Fighter Jet
Posted 2 days ago by Sajawal Rehman
Sukhoi_T-50_Maksimov.jpg

• According to the Pakistan Ministry of Defence Production’s (MoDP) yearbook for 2017-2018, the first of four cycles of conceptual design phase has been completed by the Aviation Research, Innovation, and Development (AvRID) Secretariat.

The first configuration that was designed based on the challenging performance requirements of PAF will go through three more cycles within the conceptual design using higher fidelity analysis tools and codes.

In an interview with a defense publication, Jane’s Defense Weekly, Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan told that he doesn’t expect the stealth jet to be operational for another decade. The possible concept/design of the fifth-generation fighter first appeared in the form of a tail art on PAF’s C-130B, participating in RIAT 2019.

Tail-Art.png

Via Twitter@DefencedotPak
    According to defense analysts, the platform will be a successor to F-16A/B Block-15s, Mirage III and Mirage 5 with better range and payload carrying capacity compared to JF-17 Thunder jets and ‘optimized for offensive counter-air (OCA), maritime, and deep-strike platforms’.

The Air Staff Requirements (ASR) for the platform depict it as a “twin-engine single-seater, boasting the likes of super-cruise and laser weapons (directed energy weapons).”

Some reports have it that China is also likely to share its Chengdu J-20 technology with Pakistan, however, these are all based on speculations considering the two countries haven’t shared any details on the possibility.

Note: The image is only for illustration purposes.

What are your thoughts on the Fifth Gen Stealth Fighter Jet program? Let us know in the comments section.

D3Ym-ObUYAEONeB

Reminds of these CGIs.

The National Interest is not a good source to reference, it is not at all credible, at times citing the JF-17 as an alternative to the F-35.

Agreed to your comments.

What is funny in this is actually this article is based on one of the Deino post in a Chinese defense forum.

The US Threated the chinese---" we know you stole our F35 technology and made an aircraft out of it---but if you proceeded any further than that we will destroy all your aircraft manufacturing factories "---.

That is why you don't see much of progress made on the J31 after the first flights---.
LOL
:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
USA also said China stole its F-22/F-35 technology to make J-20, but why didn't destroy all Chinese aircraft manufacturing factories?

LOL
:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
USA also said China stole its F-22/F-35 technology to make J-20, but why didn't destroy all Chinese aircraft manufacturing factories?

Hi,

That is a laugh of a very young person who has no clue how strong the enemy is---.

Just be glad it has come to that stage and be thankful to your leaders who stepped back---.

Hi,

That is a laugh of a very young person who has no clue how strong the enemy is---.

Just be glad it has come to that stage and be thankful to your leaders who stepped back---.
When the carrier-based version comes out, you would understand what I mean.

Okay, I think its already been established that in your professional view anyone who doesn't see eye-to-eye with you is considered either a very young person or inexperienced.

Perhaps, some even treat you like 'a' God - for reasons i've yet to come terms with...

Did it even cross your mind that whatever you claimed may be the other way around...?

With all the might & tech the US has in its arsenal - if anything they've learned that they just can't win a War away from home. Or so Vietnam, Korea & Afghanistan has proven in the past.

And where did you get the idea that their (China) Leaders have backed off?

They built the J-20, right?
They built the Y-20 too, right? An aircraft the US claims is a copy of the C-17 Globemaster III

Obviously, they are working on the J-31 (FC-31) which they will most certainly end up completing. I do wonder how you're gonna spin the story when that happens.

The Chinese are certainly not a Nation that can be labelled a 'pushover'.

But hey..., you are the most knowledgeable Defense Analyst out there, right.

@LKJ86

Okay, I think its already been established that in your professional view anyone who doesn't see eye-to-eye with you is considered either a very young person or inexperienced.

Perhaps, some even treat you like 'a' God - for reasons i've yet to come terms with...

Did it even cross your mind that whatever you claimed may be the other way around...?

With all the might & tech the US has in its arsenal - if anything they've learned that they just can't win a War away from home. Or so Vietnam, Korea & Afghanistan has proven in the past.

And where did you get the idea that their (China) Leaders have backed off?

They built the J-20, right?
They built the Y-20 too, right? An aircraft the US claims is a copy of the C-17 Globemaster III

Obviously, they are working on the J-31 (FC-31) which they will most certainly end up completing. I do wonder how you're gonna spin the story when that happens.

The Chinese are certainly not a Nation that can be labelled a 'pushover'.

But hey..., you are the most knowledgeable Defense Analyst out there, right.

@LKJ86

hi

youngman thus statement if your us nit very intelligent.

i have stated nany a times that the US has changed the gial posts fir the definition of victory.

it just goes in to annihilate the enemy.

the drums of victory, they leave it to whomsoever wants to beat them after the americans have decimated them.

listen and learn. No one is going to out on a limb and teach you something out of the norm because most pakidstanis are illiterate about the subject matter.

When the carrier-based version comes out, you would understand what I mean.

if that makes you happy.

you are an excellent poster so i will just leave it at that

No word on South African AAMs. As for EW suit. Its a topic which is evaded by officials every time is talked about in a civilian setting. Cant speak intelligently about it.

I don't think ANYONE here on PDF has seen block 3. So the talk of unusual curve might be unfounded.

As for horizontal stabilizer. I will reconfirm. Skipped my mind.

I disagree.

HMD is DEFINITELY planned. It is something which can integrated later on aswell. When F-16 block 40's came out they had no HMD capability. With the induction of Block 50's, USAF gave its entire fleet of block 40/42's HMD capability.

We are looking towards a few Turkish and Chinese options for HMD.

As for HOBS capability, JF-17 does not carry a weapon which can be integrated with HMD like AIM-9X. Yet if i may add.

Ground clearance was never a problem. There were other issues we cannot discuss. But. Its solved and Block 1/2's are now carrying RAAD's.

Yes. Absolutely.

PAF has officially started working with Turkish on their next generation 5th generation fighter.

We are potentially looking at 2 5th Generation fighters in PAF's service by 2030. One from China and One Turk-PAK venture along with JF-17s (all upgraded) and F-16s.

Not with JF-17.
Don’t know about your credibility but that doesn’t matter.

You mentioned this Turk-Pak project. Is it by any chance related to the single engine TF-X ? And why would we even collaborate on a project with China when we have AZM on table ? Now, to be precise, you can better say “getting chinese assistance” in AZM as a non partner

Back
Top Bottom