What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

J31 is a dead project, no one in PLAAF/PLAAN etc are interested in it, so no point wasting precious money on a dead end project like the J31. And, there is no such thing as J-22...

Lets not discuss J31 in the Azm thread !

Agreed, but just given the latest news the J-31 - which in fact never existed - is dead, but long live the J-35.

I have an advise for PAF to take one J-31 prototype from China for study purpose

I must say Pakistan should buy some of these J-31 OR J-22 along with its AZM project which will take time to be matured. This could be solid answer to any Indian Air Force Acquisition.
Why...have you peroanllybtested the j31 and know that it fits the criteria for PAF or is it that you think it's cool? Buying a fighter is not that same as buying a cricket bat

J-xx is the official name given by PLA. And FC-31 doesn't get the name J-31.
Dude, NATO or otherwise always gives own designations to say Russian or Chinese Fighters.
Just like FC-1 is called JF-17.

Dude, NATO or otherwise always gives own designations to say Russian or Chinese Fighters.
Just like FC-1 is called JF-17.
So, can you tell me who calls FC-31 to be J-31? NATO? Pakistan? Military fans?

When developing JFs, the PAFs pilots' inputs also played a big role in making that jet. Now, I am thinking, from where we will arrange such experience for AZM?

So, can you tell me who calls FC-31 to be J-31? NATO? Pakistan? Military fans?
For the hell it of it, who cares what a letter & a couple of digits are used in naming it.

What's important is - what stage is it in currently in Testing?

I recall seeing a picture where some Engineers were in a Group photo standing in front of a newly developed Engine.

They can't just scrap it.

For the hell it of it, who cares what a letter & a couple of digits are used in naming it.

I recall seeing a picture where some Engineers were in a Group photo standing in front of a newly developed Engine.

Exactly, scrapping after making 3-4 rumored prototypes seems impossible and a hell flop. Plus FC-31 had potential customer’s eyes from all around the world.

B26259E9-FD0C-49B7-A2CF-7E6C8E0E39AF.jpeg

this strange underside, could this mean installing some anti sub warfare sonar/whatsoever it is called or just an amphibious plane like sea landing hull ?

First of all to be taken seriously caring about "a letter & a couple of digits" make an important difference between a stupid fan and a serious analyst or watcher. :crazy:

Second, why has this constantly to be discussed in the PAF AZM thread? So far the FC-31 is one option, but far from a chosen one and as such anyone interested in that type, might better look here (https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/sac-fc-31-stealth-fighter-news-discussions.207796/page-262) but should otherwise not permanently span this thread with off-topic posts. :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom