What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

This is the wrong concept by most common peoples here that any fighter can take off with weapon payload, with this payload F-22 can't but just crawl on the tarmac, Fighter jets are fly their mission with specific weapons to intended mission, Fighter jets are not able to carry all its intended Payloads at once
Raat ko neend nai li sai wali ? Khilji to ban 8-)8-)

This is the wrong concept by most common peoples here that any fighter can take off with weapon payload, with this payload F-22 can't but just crawl on the tarmac, Fighter jets are fly their mission with specific weapons to intended mission, Fighter jets are not able to carry all its intended Payloads at once
I was showing a general pic

(November 17, 2019 )GM of SSB, Prof.Dr. Demir: "We are discussing together with Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Malaysia and Indonesia about MMU(aka TFX) becoming a joint fighter project within the scope of new generation aircraft needs. (...) we were back again to negotiation process with R&R about new generation engine's technical consultancy. Currently, Trmotor continues to work, but we are trying to accelerate the process further. Prototype aircrafts will fly with US-origin engines."

He also said a few things about the project process. If I sum up briefly: Preparing new generation technologies at the operative level always contain important problems. In this context, the problems experienced by other countries' projects are seen. Our plan is to throw the aircraft's first flight date behind the possible nearest range because it will proceed after completing many critical testing processes which are usually starting with the flight schedule in traditional project management. The plane will roll out from hangar in 2023, but we are considering the range of 2025-2026 for the first flight date , we hope to shorten the IOC stage in this way.

I think, a masterplan is being developing/discussing that will decrease the Russian and US aviation industries hegamony in a vast geography from the Middle East to Asia , possibly with China and some europen technical support. Production planning can be redesigned with a few years of work. However, after freezing final design, the project partnership will either create technological sharing problems or the project will cause additional undesired delays. Therefore, this discussion process should be end (positive or negative), by 2020-2021 interval.
Teaming up is smart move ...i dont think we should go at it alone.
The purpose of teaming up should also be enough fighter numbers
I think turkey, malaysia, indonesia, pakistan can team up to produce 300-400 fighters and share the cost..

But pakistan might be looking at china to help out ..

We might see first prototype in 2025???

Last edited:
No he said it won't become "operational" for another 10 years, so prototype will have to fly by mid 20s
If not a PT but a tech demo, however, ACM Mujahid’s statement of a PROTOTYPE won’t fly before a decade contradicts this.

No he said it won't become "operational" for another 10 years, so prototype will have to fly by mid 20s
impossible for country like Pakistan which have no experience to design and develop 5th gen jets, my best guesstimate its first pt will fly in 2027-2028 and production will begun 2030-2031

I doubt it will become operational before 2034

Serial might be start in 2030-2031 for my best guesstimate
No, 2033 minimum, if active help from China, can even start from 2029.

But i always would like to advise from my side to PAF, if they are reading this, and probably, they know this more than me.

The transition of tech to 6th Gen will be very much clear by the end of 2030s, by 2029,2033, we will see many of the top AFs of the world, or more specifically FIRMS such as Dassault, BAE, LM, NG, and lastly possibly, CATIC, introducing new 6th gen tech concepts. PAF, must come late on AZM, give room for monitoring international aviation developments, play accordingly.

You are directly jumping to 6th Gen, not the usual 5 Gen.

PAF wouldn’t even go for self project had they wanted 5th gen rather would have opted to join J-31 or TFX.

Even if AZM was supposedly a 5th gen, we could have seen a production model by 2027 since China has experienced it, they are on a 3rd stealth project now, first J-20, then J-31 and now the 2018 announced project.

Restless waiting for Pakistan,s 5 generation fighter.

Two years have passed and at least eight more to go.

Pakistan has completed a design concept for the aircraft so far.

Note, in 1995, Pakistan-China were incapable of even completing a design for the then FC-1/Super-7 project and they had to hire Russia's Rosoboronexport to design this.

FC-1 Xiaolong (01).jpeg

By 2003 when the first JF-17 Thunder prototype took off, Pakistan did not even have a test pilot to fly the aircraft. Of course, a branch was later set up and Pakistan has its own test pilots.

There's a facility, a big hall at Kamra with a simulator that has been used for testing Transfer of Technology for the JF-17 Thunder for many years. Basically, Pakistan can ask any company in the world to provide their tech, it's linked with the simulator and tuned to PAC's requirements for the JF-17 Thunder.

Today, Pakistan is building an AESA radar. What? How can a third world country like Pakistan even dream of building such a thing?

I am sometimes baffled why so many Pakistanis have this "can't do" attitude and simply wish to latch onto some other nation.

@Deino , wasn’t WS-20 which was for J-20(?) renamed to WS-19? And what is this WS-15 fuss ?
WS-13E was intended for Medium weight FC-31 @seven0seven

No, here you are mixing different things. The WS-20 is the engine said to be slated for the Y-20. The definitive engine for the J-20 is the WS-15 and the FC-31 and new UAVs are to use the WS-19. The WS-13 is a development of the RD-93.

Thank God PAF doesnt rely on people here. I have never seen so many negative people in a group

Since when is being realistic counted as negative? We know our capabilities and thus should also manage our expectations and evolve our tactics. Also the technology ladder should be climbed or else big set backs can happen.

Back
Top Bottom