What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

but if canadian engine can be brought with full technology, over time we can make powerful variants like Chinese do. This will kick start engine develop domestically too.
Indeed it could be beneficial for both. heard that the AVRO 5th gen is also on the cards but may be its a rumor.

but if canadian engine can be brought with full technology, over time we can make powerful variants like Chinese do. This will kick start engine develop domestically too.
Koi akal ko hath maro yaar.. Copy of an engine is not that easy.. First we need expertise in producing the class of matel which these countries are using in engines... Rest is not difficult

Humour a layman like me for a second..... imagine in AZM we use the same engine as JF-17 but two of them, while keeping the overall weight of the jet about the same (or slightly higher because of second engine) will it not mean that the jet will be able to go significantly faster?

Theoretically, yes. However, thrust is just one of the factors limiting max speed. The air-frame design is usually the more pertinent limiter, a lot of the times the max speed is purposefully limited to a specific amount so as not to exceed the allowances on the air-frame. Same case with G forces as well. With the JF-17 it is also rumored that the DSI air-intake is another factor limiting its max speed.

So theoretically, yes more TWR would result in higher speeds but only as long as the rest of the design allows it. With regards to the weight of AZM, it would be extremely difficult to limit it around the same as of the JF-17. The internal weapons bay adds quite a bit of weight and size to the aircraft.

Last edited:
D_2jAmeWkAAWWeP

Thanks to a member on Twitter...

its too early to say the design has been finalized. most probably its just presentation of future concept. not sure they will release design details in such manner

its too early to say the design has been finalized. most probably its just presentation of future concept. not sure they will release design details in such manner
I distinctly remember an interview by ACM where he fleetingly mentioned that design has been going on for 2+ years and it is near completion.

Keep in mind this is just first cut rough draft design. Many design changes will be made once scaled models are created and aerodynamics testing is conducted etc.

A clearer picture of Pakistan FGFA concept painted on tail of one of the PAF C130B visiting RIAT 2019.
D_wbqkGXsAEPklX

Yeah, shows canards and appears to be dual engine. I found that mix of China & Turkey concept.
It's also in space so it's a starfighter :cheesy:
Lets be honest, we knew nothing about jf-17 and we're gonna know nothing about AZM. AZM is also a codename just like Super saber.

Two different design philosophies. Two different designs,
Sorry? Are you comparing ours with theirs?

@messiach, you missed my question. Any chance the aviation city might help with the development of local machine industry?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom