What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

Single engine 5th gen is not even possible for Pakistan as no such engine is available to Pakistan.

We can buy engine from anyone. Even turkey would soon be producing engines. Engine is one aspect. 5th gen requires alot of other sophisticated technology that we dont have.

I saw a suspect picture as well ...

View attachment 570122

Damn.. this is a totally new idea introduced by Modi jee.. Stealth by clouds. I think this jet of urs somehow keeps generating clouds around it or may have tied some clouds around it and remains stealthy wherever it goes because the clouds are all around it and there is no radar on earth that can break that kind of stealth.

maybe they were being polite
what would we have beyond a sketch on a paper or a computer screen?
That was my reaction, but apparently we haven't done too bad. Makes sense since I remember the air force people were very excited about the program a few years ago. Looks like they've been serious about it.

You know what I'd love? A locally developed replacement for our C-130s.

You know what I'd love? A locally developed replacement for our C-130s.

Just to replace a dozen aircraft, its not feasible (monetarily) or doable (technically).
For the latter I mean is C-130 as a design is so robust and effective, hence its longevity, that unless you are basically creating a copy of the aircraft, what purpose would it serve. I don't think we or anyone else for that matter can make a better C-130.

Just to replace a dozen aircraft, its not feasible (monetarily) or doable (technically).
For the latter I mean is C-130 as a design is so robust and effective, hence its longevity, that unless you are basically creating a copy of the aircraft, what purpose would it serve. I don't think we or anyone else for that matter can make a better C-130.
I think you are misinformed about the size of our C130 fleet. @Imran Khan

Okay so 15 vs 12 aircraft? Lets even say PAF has 20, which it does not, my points are still valid.
Still underestimating the size, I suspect. Plenty of similar programs around. The Japanese Kawasaki C-1, the Brazilian KC-390, and the A-400. I think they only ever produced three different dozen C-1s. We should be able to export it since there is plenty of demand for such an aircraft. We can eventually market it as a multipurpose aircraft with variants catering for the roles of refuling, AWACS, electric warfare, and so on. It will put us firmly within the group of aircraft manufacturing countries.

Yes.

Its already in works. We are looking for people in aerospace Engr, Electrical with >10y.
Why would you need aerospace engineers for designing machines?

Yes.

Its already in works. We are looking for people in aerospace Engr, Electrical with >10y.

I know someone who works for a major Western engine company, converted to Islam, and wants to work for Pakistan or Turkey.

Something like a C-130 would be interesting. Most of the contemporary alternatives to the C-130 are going turbofan, and even the new C-130s are stretched. It would be interesting to make something very similar to a C-130 in configuration, but just different enough to not be called a copy. Sized to the original C-130 size.

Only local manpower.
I know someone who works for a major Western engine company, converted to Islam, and wants to work for Pakistan or Turkey.

CFD, EOLE, CFA, multiphase flows, cavitation & free surface transfers etc,etc.

Not for now.
could you plz give us some idea about the design philosophy of Pakistan's 5th gen ....??

and how is it different from TFX which I believe is design to gain Air superiority ...??

Only local manpower.

Not for now.
I had dual-use mechanical machinery in mind. Machine tools, jigs, CNC, and perhaps even turbines.

Still underestimating the size, I suspect. Plenty of similar programs around. The Japanese Kawasaki C-1, the Brazilian KC-390, and the A-400. I think they only ever produced three different dozen C-1s. We should be able to export it since there is plenty of demand for such an aircraft. We can eventually market it as a multipurpose aircraft with variants catering for the roles of refuling, AWACS, electric warfare, and so on. It will put us firmly within the group of aircraft manufacturing countries.

Why dont you give the numbers of C-130 in active service in PAF if I am underestimating the size.
As for the other mentions, all those countries have not only a very long history of producing aircraft but also national compulsions to keep in mind. Not very hard to see the difference between those programs and what you are suggesting for Pakistan.
But since its wishful thinking anyways, we can dream on.

Only local manpower.

Not for now.

Thanks @messiach for your reply. It is sad that the West is wise enough to take our talent to build their industry, but we who are so low in expertise, only wish to hire locals. It is that mental element that keeps the West ahead of us.

This was not how Pakistan was, or the philosophy it was built on. Muhammad Assad, the first Pakistani passport holder, one of the earliest ministers, and ambassador, was a former European Jew. It didn't matter where he came from, what mattered was how much he wanted to help Pakistan and be part of our ideology and narrative.

Look at us now. Those three words "only local manpower" is enough to show that our values, ideology and beliefs have all become upside down since 1947.

Our local talent is second to none. Some brilliant heads.

Thanks @messiach for your reply. It is sad that the West is wise enough to take our talent to build their industry, but we who are so low in expertise, only wish to hire locals. It is that mental element that keeps the West ahead of us.

This was not how Pakistan was, or the philosophy it was built on. Muhammad Assad, the first Pakistani passport holder, one of the earliest ministers, and ambassador, was a former European Jew. It didn't matter where he came from, what mattered was how much he wanted to help Pakistan and be part of our ideology and narrative.

Look at us now. Those three words "only local manpower" is enough to show that our values, ideology and beliefs have all become upside down since 1947.

Our local talent is second to none. Some brilliant heads.

But the experience of working in one of the top 3 aircraft engine manufacturers... that has to be valuable and something that one can learn from. It would help create a similar kind of culture and way of thinking, and bring in expertise. It is not always about talent alone, otherwise Pak would win the world cup every time.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom