What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

Copy of shaping does not guarantee meaningful results, and neither it is possible from photos. Lot of minute structure-related details are not apparent in the photos, mind you. Types of materials in use, types of bolts in use, zigzag touches, platform alignments, quality of RAM coating, engine-related considerations and making the structure unstable - herculean challenges on the whole.

Engine of F-35 is also different from that of F-22A Raptor - difference in the rear section is compensated in different ways.

F-35 Block 3f have uniform RCS of only 38 mm - the size of a bee.
I scored very high in my Electromagnetics course. Stealth was developed by electrical engineers using computers. I can assure you that shape is critical to stealth. It determines how the radar bounces back to the emitter. Why does the F117 look so weird...all faceted and diamondy. For sure there are small details that can't be seen from a picture...zig zag patterns, coatings and structures. But shaping is the start and very important to stealth.

I scored very high in my Electromagnetics course. Stealth was developed by electrical engineers using computers. I can assure you that shape is critical to stealth. It determines how the radar bounces back to the emitter. Why does the F117 look so weird...all faceted and diamondy. For sure there are small details that can't be seen from a picture...zig zag patterns, coatings and structures. But shaping is the start and very important to stealth.
Shape is definitely important (nobody will deny this) but just a small part of the equation on the whole. Huge number of challenges surface during the course of engineering actually. If this matter was so easy...

Shape is definitely important (nobody will deny this) but just a small part of the equation on the whole. Huge number of challenges surface during the course of engineering actually. If this matter was so easy...
Neve said it was easy. But you got to start somewhere. Great journeys start with a small step. The shape of the F22 should be the start for AZM.

Neve said it was easy. But you got to start somewhere. Great journeys start with a small step. The shape of the F22 should be the start for AZM.
This is very very expensive and challenging enterprise, my friend. PAF should consider joining TAI TFX project, IMHO. British corporation BAE systems is involved in the TFX project and it have experience in developing cutting-edge low-observable platforms such as Taranis. At the least, this would be an excellent learning path.

This is very very expensive and challenging enterprise, my friend. PAF should consider joining TAI TFX project, IMHO. British corporation BAE systems is involved in the TFX project and it have experience in developing cutting-edge low-observable platforms such as Taranis. At the least, this would be an excellent learning path.
BAE is quasi American.They will not help or will be a risk to being pressured. Joining TFX is a possibility...but remember Project AZM is about enhancing Pakistan domestic fighter aircraft design and manufacturing ability. An in house attempt should be made. It will be cheaper than importing high end fighters.

Photo-1975.jpg

PAF C-130B is here seen with tattoo painting for RIAT 2019. Interestingly, as notice by @JamD , we can safely assume that NGF is painted on Tail. PAF insignia is prominent on NGF wing.

A clearer picture of Pakistan FGFA concept painted on tail of one of the PAF C130B visiting RIAT 2019.
D_wbqkGXsAEPklX

Yeah, shows canards and appears to be dual engine. I found that mix of China & Turkey concept.
hybrid form of j20 and fc 31?

A clearer picture of Pakistan FGFA concept painted on tail of one of the PAF C130B visiting RIAT 2019.
D_wbqkGXsAEPklX

Yeah, shows canards and appears to be dual engine. I found that mix of China & Turkey concept.
The Black planes from the East!

D_wbqkGXsAEPklX

Yeap, the dual engine.

Some folks here were not convinced.

Should we consider this as official design?

Well currently its been painted on the tail of one of the PAF C130B participating in RIAT 2019 so can be treated as Official Concept Design.

j20 and fc 31?

Had another look and found that there are no horizontal stabilizers but front canards like J-20 with FC-31 wing design.
7Cau71-UserView-0.png

images

Hybrid of J-22 and J-31
Well currently its been painted on the tail of one of the PAF C130B participating in RIAT 2019 so can be treated as Official Concept Design.

Had another look and found that there are no horizontal stabilizers but front canards like J-20 with FC-31 wing design.
7Cau71-UserView-0.png

images

Back
Top Bottom