What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

The 5th Gen jets like F35, F22 or even J20 and FC31 can be assumed to have far superior detection capabilities at longer ranges so chances of dog fight shall be almost zero in case of China, Russia or USA. However scanrio may be changed in case of Indo-Pak scenario so chances are that both air forces shall deploy specialized versions which shall have capability of effective WVR engagements as well.
Dog fight is always important, what if J20 engage with F22? Both of them can't detect each other in distance? That's why they need high off-bore IR missle when they come across.

We shall concentrate on how steathy fighter deal with another stealthy fighter.

Hahah.

Well. ahem.

According to my "secret" "well-connected" PAF source, PAF is full of surprises, and does many things before it is known.

PS: You guys do know that I've posted this as a joke? Sometimes sarcasm is lost over the internet.
If it helps...I got ur sarcasm in ur earlier post...and I have long been an advocate of introducing fonts like "Sarcastica" and others. Each assigned to a certain tone/emotion. With enough hype they can become famous enough like Arial/Times New Roman/Comic Sans/Calibri(well known to Pakistanis at least). Once everyone(or the majority) knows of these fonts then there would be no loss of sarcasm(or other tones/emotions) over text messages or online. U could've simply written ur post in "Sarcastica" and everyone would've gotten ur sarcasm.

1 Question: Where the hell is the final design of AZM or JF-17 block 3 ???

Dog fight is always important, what if J20 engage with F22? Both of them can't detect each other in distance? That's why they need high off-bore IR missle when they come across.

We shall concentrate on how steathy fighter deal with another stealthy fighter.
Sir I beg to differ with superior sensors one should presume that both may be able to detect each other at longer distances meanwhile lock on shall also be longer distance. In my guess it shall be more than 50 KM+. The chances of dogfights shall be rare. Even the Russians claim that their 4.5th gen Su35 can detect F35 at 90KM+ distance. As the stealth shall progress so will be anti stealth sensors whether installed in jets or ground based. Otherwise SAMS like HQ9 or S400 shall be worthless.

In addition to my statement game changers shall be WVR Missiles, ECM/ESM capabilities of opposing 5th gen jets. The one with superior gadgets shall win.

Sir I beg to differ with superior sensors one should presume that both may be able to detect each other at longer distances meanwhile lock on shall also be longer distance. In my guess it shall be more than 50 KM+. The chances of dogfights shall be rare. Even the Russians claim that their 4.5th gen Su35 can detect F35 at 90KM+ distance. As the stealth shall progress so will be anti stealth sensors whether installed in jets or ground based. Otherwise SAMS like HQ9 or S400 shall be worthless.
The possibility of using machine gun is near to Zero. Let's expect the quantum radar, nothing can hide in front of it.

The possibility of using machine gun is near to Zero. Let's expect the quantum radar, nothing can hide in front of it.

Now Laser guns and kinetic weapons shall be there soon. The nations which can either not develop the next gen gadgets or can't afford them shall be in grave danger. One example is Syria being attacked by Israel and West again and again.

According to a well connected PAF source,

''I can't believe that the design could be finalised within three months of the announcement of the project. And I don't see how PAF Academy figures out in the design.''

Hi,

The design parameters would already have been set long before the announcement---. Possibly---it was a delayed news and everything else was finalized before hand.

Hi,

The design parameters would already have been set long before the announcement---. Possibly---it was a delayed news and everything else was finalized before hand.
That's the way Pakistan and China are doing things together:cheers:

AZM will enter into production stage within 5years. The assembly line will be built at Pakistan.

I heard Both Pakistan and Saud invest in the project AZM. Saud believe Pakistan has the very technical ability to run the assembly line with China support, Saud is an pure technology investor in this case. Can't conclude Saud will induct AZM in numbers.

Since USA doesn't want to sell F35 to Saud. This is an excited project, a mysterious one.

AZM will help Pakistan to build a complete and extensive supply chain of building 5th gen fighter. The only Muslim country able to do so.

All J20 technology is open for AZM.

That's the way Pakistan and China are doing things together:cheers:

AZM will enter into production stage within 5years. The assembly line will be built at Pakistan.

I heard Both Pakistan and Saud invest in the project AZM. Saud believe Pakistan has the very technical ability to run the assembly line with China support, Saud is an pure technology investor in this case. Can't conclude Saud will induct AZM in numbers.

Since USA doesn't want to sell F35 to Saud. This is an excited project, a mysterious one.

AZM will help Pakistan to build a complete and extensive supply chain of building 5th gen fighter. The only Muslim country able to do so.

All J20 technology is open for AZM.

You seems over excited :cheesy:

According to big Shrimp in China defence, WS19 medium turbo fan engine with 10+tons wet thrust is ready to test on fighter jet. This might be the powerplant to be installed on J31 for PLAN.
And WS15 engine according to PuPu(another big shrimp), is going smoothly under development.

Hope those hundreds billions investment in aviation Engine industry will pay off.

PL10 and new HMD are all you need in WVR.

China shall mass produce J31 and J20 to prepare possible show-down with USA.

This is the clue I was waiting for! Could this be the mysterious new engine for the JF-17 Block III?!!!

You are a treasure trove Wanglaokan. It makes sense for Saudi Arabia to do this as it wants to keep up with the neighbors, i.e. UAE-MiG 5th gen.

5 years to a production line means an already developed design. The Pakistanis are taking everyone for a ride as far as talking about "initial design" are concerned. That's quite clear, if you are correct in your assertions.

This is obviously a Chengdu design. Just like MiG-33 and JF-17.

What does Chengdu usually design? Delta canards.

What do we know about Chengdu's prior projects? A twin engined stealthy J-10, a mini J-20.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom