What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

You have never worked with scientists :)
Scientists have an approach, mind, and method. We are not talking about a retired clerk. He could have done a lot more, but I think he has retired from research work now.

Hi,

Science of metallurgy has gone thru an evolution of a change in the last decade---.

The Doctor is from the 70's era

And you were saying??:D
View attachment 443851

What has AQ khan got to do with engine tech mate??:lol:, u dont go to a orthopedician when u have chest pains, u go to a cardiologist.
Metullargy, Sir.
You need superalloys for hot parts, nozzle, turbine, combustion chambers. Metullargy is key here. His PhD was in metullargy.

Metullargy, Sir.
You need superalloys for hot parts, nozzle, turbine, combustion chambers. Metullargy is key here. His PhD was in metullargy.

You could be rite, but after what Pakistan did with AQ Khan to please USA, we can not use him openly in any project. AQ Khan's expertise could be used in background only. who knows he may be involved, but i doubt. we are accustomed ill treating our scientist / heroes.

Metullargy, Sir.
There will a lot others more qualified than him now, he was a great man but he has been out of touch from the field for deacdes.

To give people an idea of the development times for 5th generation aircraft, a technically advanced country like Japan started its project for the X-2 demonstrator in 2009 and the assembly work only began in 2012 and the first flight did not happen until 2016. So that is 7 years for a first world country in its initial foray with new generation fighters (note that they have plenty of experience with building planes in house). Project AZM has just got its start and I doubt the 5yr timeline for a fresh design, unless that is what it exactly is ... a design. If they are talking about first flight, I would say 15yr mark seems very realistic.
Now, I think its better not to take the ambitious timeframe the air chief proclaimed, but look at the new AZM initiative to start building the technical knowledge, human resources and then finally industrial infrastructure needed for such a project. Right now as things stand, we can not even do the required R&D on JF-17 in terms of enhancements on the airframe etc. I remember some video on the the JF-17 project where the Chinese engineer being interviewed said the PAC was lacking all the updated machinery and equipment to produce the Thunder. We have now overcome that bit with the help of the Chinese but we still have a ways to go before we can be completely independent.
As most people here have pointed out, the most sensible route to take is to get on board with the Chinese and use their groundwork as a stepping stone in at least some form of coproduction for J-31. Rest assured that India will in the future get the F-35 and we need to maintain at least some sort of a qualitative balance given their modernization drive.
Everyone always doubts Pakistan yet when we are on our backs that's when we deliver.
They undoubted jf17 ... delivered
So Khalid delivered
Assault rifles delivered
Uranium tipped ammo delivered.
I could go on all day.....But you get the message.
Just because Japan took 7 years you think Pakistan didn't learn from their projects.
India has taken over 30 years for tejas. Industrially they 're head of us. Yet tejas is way behind jf17.So I don't share your opinion.

Investment in stealth is not everyone's cup of tea - how many countries produce stealth fighter aircraft.

You might as well invest in drone technology if you want light-weight aircrafts.

We need fighters a d we need drone. So we will build both. As for other countries they are not front line states like us with enemies all around.

Everyone always doubts Pakistan yet when we are on our backs that's when we deliver.
They undoubted jf17 ... delivered
So Khalid delivered
Assault rifles delivered
Uranium tipped ammo delivered.
I could go on all day.....But you get the message.
Just because Japan took 7 years you think Pakistan didn't learn from their projects.
India has taken over 30 years for tejas. Industrially they 're head of us. Yet tejas is way behind jf17.So I don't share your opinion.

We need fighters a d we need drone. So we will build both. As for other countries they are not front line states like us with enemies all around.

Good point, some people only deliver or use their full potential when they are cornered.

Hi,

AQ Khan has no place in modern aircraft engine technology / metallurgy---. Now if it was about getting stuff on black market---again he is out dated now---.

You need a ' new dog ' to hunt for you---.
What a bad remarks for a great HERO .It is rightly said Muslims are Mohsin Kush .The person who has given his whole life to Pakistan,for him these remarks are unacceptable.

Metullargy, Sir.

Hi,

That PhD was over 40 years ago. Since he joined pak nuc program---he has no exposure of working for anyone else with the latest metallurgical technology is being used.

Turkey search partners to develop engine all over the world,you can join in do the jv,it is good opportunity
Turkey is looking for countries who have experience in making jet engines. Pak can't help much other than perhaps financially.

I know I was just talking to awaam68 over the fact that 1 engine planes are obsolete now. If some one disagrees I say talk to any aeronautical engineer working in this field.
I don't think they are obsolete but the requirement foe modern fighter is such that they have to be able to fly multi mission and carry heavy payloads. For that extra power is required. If power plants were such that they could produce the thrust of two engines then you will see single engine jets.

I don't think they are obsolete but the requirement foe modern fighter is such that they have to be able to fly multi mission and carry heavy payloads. For that extra power is required. If power plants were such that they could produce the thrust of two engines then you will see single engine jets.
But twin engine jets are more maintenance prone than as compare to single engine jets

You see, with twin engine planes even if a missile or anti air artillery explodes near you and knocks out one engine, you can still fly. With single engines that's not possible. As for maintenance, it's the same as maintaining two planes , rate of sorties might be less for twin engine planes , but the advantage they carry when it comes to offense is immense

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom