What's new

Professor of Sindh university: why all other nationalities people are allowed to work&trade in Sindh

Pehlay tum keh rahay thay Karachi Baloch area ha Sindhis ka is par koi haq nahi ha. Ab ussay keh rahay ho tum Baloch ho aur tum Karachi main outsider ho. I think you are :cuckoo:
You are a child.. you need comprehension skills... anyways he has understood what I'm saying.. it was intended for him and the purpose was achieved. You can stfu

Sindhi women don't wear Sari, you ugly hag

Eventhough I agree with the wider debate from the Sindhi side

I think she's one of those over-educated deluded feminists.

One who got the degree but failed the lessons of common sense.

The odd thing is her woke liberal education never prevented her from becoming racist.

I thought Pakistan was one country - but anyways I am an outsider.

Karachi's original settlement is called 'Mai Kolachi jo goth'. Mai is a Sindhi word for women not Balochi. Not only Karachi but Lasbela was ruled by Sindhi dynasty of Korejo Sammas, Jam Kamal Khan is from their lineage. Lasbela has Sindhi plurality there. Khanate of Kalat held Karachi for breif moment after the loss of Kalhoro dynasty to Nader Shah and it's ally Kalat in 1740. Talpur dynasty gained control of Karachi again in reign of Mir Fateh Khan Talpur. Karachi was always ruled by Sindhi dynasties.

Anyways it's between Sindhis and Baloch to decide. A immigrant from UP/Bihar has no claim or say to it.

1941 Census of India stated that 61% of population in Karachi city spoke Sindhi language. Outskirts of Karachi is populated by Memon, Jokhio, Kolachi, Korejo, Gabol, Palari, Burfat, Bhuttani etc tribes who speak Sindhi as first language. I don't recall any Ansari or Siddiqui from UP/Bihar being native in Karachi or are they?
Every city changes - peshwar was hindko/Punjabi majority now it's associated with Pashtuns

NYC is mutli ethnic, Mumbai is multi ethnic, mambasa is multi ethnic

Every port city that ever existed is multi ethnic cause it's supposed to be like that - I don't know why Sindhi nationalists can't understand it? It's the most normal of changes to happen

Karachi is home to ansaris, Siddiqui, Jutts, Arain, Afridi, kakar, jatoi and soomros - that's normal if you're running a port city

I acknowledge it as historical Sindhi land, thanks for sharing but like every port that ever existed in the world it's made of every ethnicity, there's no need to throw tantrums over it and make it a big issue

And her point was Punjabi and Pashtun in Sindh village's etc, I know that Punjabis have always contributed to Sindh wether by farming or buisness, work hard and learn the language, rarely have caused any issues for local people, than except for xenophobia, I can't understand the issue

No one says Sindhis can't come to other parts of the country, this debate is almost non existent elsewhere in the country

But because Sindh is home to sea access, demographics issues have caused problems I guess

Last edited:
This thread is turning into a perfect example why ethno-nationalism is stupid. And people kill each other over this crap.

Every city changes - peshwar was hindko/Punjabi majority now it's associated with Pashtuns

NYC is mutli ethnic, Mumbai is multi ethnic, mambasa is multi ethnic

Every port city that ever existed is multi ethnic cause it's supposed to be like that - I don't know why Sindhi nationalists can't understand it? It's the most normal of changes to happen

Karachi is home to ansaris, Siddiqui, Jutts, Arain, Afridi, kakar, jatoi and soomros - that's normal if you're running a port city

I acknowledge it as historical Sindhi land, thanks for sharing but like every port that ever existed in the world it's made of every ethnicity, there's no need to throw tantrums over it and make it a big issue

And her point was Punjabi and Pashtun in Sindh village's etc, I know that Punjabis have always contributed to Sindh wether by farming or buisness, work hard and learn the language, rarely have caused any issues for local people, than except for xenophobia, I can't understand the issue

No one says Sindhis can't come to other parts of the country, this debate is almost non existent elsewhere in the country

But because Sindh is home to sea access, demographics issues have caused problems I guess

Civil and marshall law administrators failed to make a nationalistic policy in the country as the Turks did after the Ottoman Empire collapsed. The other issue is we never took care of these ancient dinosaurs, the feudal lords.

Hi,

I have lived in interior Sindh and these Sindhis are not wrong in what they are saying---.

At first it the urdu speakers that had all the top jobs in karachi / hyderabad---then came the punjabis---but most of them settled and cultivated land---then came the pashtuns and then came the afghans---.

The sindhis are being crushed for a longtime---nice folks that they are---.
They don't get jobs because they keep electing a MAFIA called PPP which has not done any development. Destroyed education and Police and any private company worth its salt would hire on merit not because some one is Sindhi or pathan or Punjabi. Secondly visit famous areas of Lahore. All are being over taken by Pathans. No Punjabi will be seen complaining. And they should never. Pakistan belongs to all. Who every knows how to do businesses and provide service and make profit in entire Pakistan.

Civil and marshall law administrators failed to make a nationalistic policy in the country as the Turks did after the Ottoman Empire collapsed. The other issue is we never took care of these ancient dinosaurs, the feudal lords.
Thank God they didn't, they were moron's who would have destroyed our cultures in name of nationalism, by Urdu, Islamization /radicalization, history starts from MBQ and all the other historical blunders they have done

Thankfully Modern pakistani nationalism is different imo - all our diverse cultures makes us stronger, we have shared common history in more ways we acknowledge, we are all Muslim, our river system is connected and parts of our different cultures overlaps with each other, we have always lived in each other's lands in peace and harmony

This is nationalism for me - beauty in diversity

Unfortunately the previous era "nationalist" were dumb as f***

Last edited:
Punjab main bhi aysa hi hota if population of Punjab was only 20 to 30 percent of Pakistan's total population and people from all over the country were coming to Punjab
I understand thier concerns but I want solution from Sindhi nationalists, that can help our country (which means they can't kick out non Sindhis out of Sindh, only time that happened in Pakistan was probably in Balochistan with Punjabis, we don't want that again) and also alleviate Thier concerns

They have genuine concerns and we need to find a middle ground

I suggest a card for new arrivals to the province

This is more of an anti migrant issue
But it turned into you guys arguing whether karachi has sindhi origins or balochi. And this is what will happen when if the ethno-nationalists will get their way. Today their anger is directed at Pakistan, tomorrow they will be fighting each other.
I understand thier concerns but I want solution from Sindhi nationalists, that can help our country (which means they can't kick out non Sindhis out of Sindh, only time that happened in Pakistan was probably in Balochistan with Punjabis, we don't want that again) and also alleviate Thier concerns

They have genuine concerns and we need to find a middle ground

I suggest a card for new arrivals to the province
What's next, concentration camps?

mazak kar raha hu sarr na jaen

Thank God they didn't, they were moron's who would have destroyed our cultures in name of nationalism, by Urdu, Islamization /radicalization, history starts from MBQ and all the other historical blunders they have done

Thankfully Modern pakistani nationalism is different imo - all our diverse cultures makes us stronger, we have shared common history in more ways we acknowledge, we are all Muslim, our river system is connected and parts of our different cultures overlaps with each other, we have always lived in each other's lands in peace and harmony

This is nationalism for me - beauty in diversity

Unfortunately the previous era "nationalist" were dumb as f***

Our diversity isn't doing shit for the time being. A German-style nationalism is needed to weed out these sorts of Kanjars like that Sindhi professor.

Anti immigrant regionalism may be easy to dismiss as narrow minded, but locals have some valid issues

Immigrants tend to accept lower wages than locals. They often come without families, accept a lower standard of living, agree to work longer hours, agree to work on holidays, tend to dodge taxes more and hire more of their own people. I have seen this happening across big cities in India, firstly in Mumbai and now in Bangalore. Migrants say that locals are lazy and don't want to work. This is only partly true.

I cannot speak about Pakistan, but in India I have observed that locals used to honour working hours more. They would have shifts if they wanted to open businesses longer, there was respect for personal time of staff and certain days were off limits for certain works to be done unless it was an emergency. Migrants started offering their services literally 24x7, at lower charges and crowded out the locals. They always say yes, leading to very high expectations from customers. As a result we have an extremely impatient, demanding and forever on its toes society.

It is very evident that standard of living has nosedived in most cities in South Asia as migrant flows have increased. When wages race to the bottom on back of ever increasing flow of people, it is bound to happen.

Tumhain khud ko nahi pata kya keh rahay ho. Don't call anyone outsider agar koi Baloch khud ko Sindhi nahi samajhta uski marzi lekin bahut saray proud Sindhi saraiki and Punjabi hain
I was talking about him and him only(and hus likes). Not the general sindhi population. Read my comment again.

I acknowledge it as historical Sindhi land,
You may but it's not factual. This is like declaring kabul as pashtun when it was a historical Tajik city.

Last edited:
Waisay agar Zia Bhutto ko phansi na deta to koi Sindhi nationalism na hota

Bhutto was a narcissist and one of the many leading causes of the break up of Pakistan. Ja ham pansi na data bejai Sindhi apni ami ka boob chokta, vo Bhutto ka lul chosta ra jata. The whole Sindhi mentality needs to be changed and brought into the 21st century.

Do you even know 600 years of collective rule of native Soomro, Samma, Kalhoro and Talpur dynasties after Bin Qasim invasion?

Well, Talpur are ethnically Baloch. Kalhoro claim Arab descent. Samma were Yadav Rajputs. Soomro too are either Arab or Parmar Rajputs from Rajasthan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom