What's new

Professor of Sindh university: why all other nationalities people are allowed to work&trade in Sindh

(Pashtun and Baloch culture isn't the assimilating type, that's why if people start moving there you'll see a lot ethnic tensions )

Malerkotla state in East Punjab was founded by a Pashtun guy and his descendents assimilated to the point Malerkotla chose India over Pakistan.

Zardari speaks Saraiki despite being him coming from Baloch backgrounds.

People in Dubai will go back one day

Baloch also migrated to Arab lands such as Oman and Dubai centuries ago and adopted the name "Al-Balushi".

Malerkotla state in East Punjab was founded by a Pashtun guy and his descendents assimilated to the point Malerkotla chose India over Pakistan.

Zardari speaks Saraiki despite being him coming from Baloch backgrounds.
Malerkotlas rulers were also blessed by Guru Gobind Singhji, after he treid to save Gurus sons who were cemeted alive in a wall by another barbaric Afghan.
Malerkotla has always been peaceful with mostly sufi amicable muslims

I dunno whats with this 24 hr period restriction...so gonna edit here to answer-

I for one never downplayed anyones role, infact pointed out the respect he earned from locals...I know and have no intention of fabricating history to to any end.
Not sure where you got that idea from...if I can, where are your roots?

I lived in malerkotla for a almost 3 years at ine point, is different because of Islamic culture and sufism effect generally from say Patiala or Moga.

I'd say there is no feeling of any difference because they are one the very few people that were nice to our gurus. We will protect them at all costs

Last edited:
Malerkotlas rulers were also blessed by Guru Gobind Singhji, after he treid to save Gurus sons who were cemeted alive in a wall by another barbaric Afghan.
Malerkotla has always been peaceful with mostly sufi amicable muslims

The guy who you are talking about was Nawab Sher Muhammad Khan, the third ruler of Malerkotla, doesn't take away the fact the area Maler itself was founded by a Pashtun and the princely state Malerkotla was also founded by a Pashtun.

The descendants of these Pashtuns assimilated. Wonder how Malerkotla is like today..

No he speaks Sindhi. He is from Nawabshah district saraiki speaking areas sa bahut ziada door ha.
Zardari na Punjabi jail main seekhi thi

In interview he said Saraiki is his mother tongue

Theek samajh na ayi hogi. Zardaris Sindhi hain nawabshah k raees title use kartay hain. Is name ka koi tribe saraiki areas main nahin ha

Zardari kyun kehta "Saraiki is my mother toungue" interviews pe lol.

Malerkotla couldn't accede to Pakistan simply because it was a far-off tiny landlocked princely state surrounded by India on all sides. Not sure what you mean by "chose India over Pakistan" when joining Pakistan wasn't even a practical option.

Moreover, Nawab Ali Khan of Malerkotla didn't accede his state to India in Aug 1947. His son (who succeeded him) was forced to do so in 1948, a few months after the death of the Nawab. A few years later his son was declared 'insane' and all his powers revoked.

Muslims generally do not have a high opinion of Nawab Ali Khan of Malerkotla as he was Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiyani's son-in-law. The Nawab later married off his daughter to the 3rd Qadiyani Khalifa, Mirza Nasir

Last edited:
if I can, where are your roots?

I am Pashtun from Quetta.
I lived in malerkotla for a almost 3 years at ine point, is different because of Islamic culture and sufism effect generally from say Patiala or Moga.

I'd say there is no feeling of any difference because they are one the very few people that were nice to our gurus. We will protect them at all costs

That is actually pretty cool you got a chance to live there. Interestingly, it is the only Muslim majority place of East Punjab. It must have a lot of historical artifacts from the princely state days.

Are you speaking historically or about the present. I read that Gurdaspur was also Muslim majority?

The tehsils of Ferozepur and Zira in Ferozepur district, Nakodar and Jalandhar in Jalandhar district, Ajnala in Amritsar district and Gurdaspur and Batala in Gurdaspur district had Muslim majority and were contiguous to West Punjab, yet they were given to East Punjab or the Indian Punjab. Besides that, the non-contiguous tehsils of Firozepur Jhirka and Nuh were also Muslim majority but ended up in India. On the other hand, no non-Muslim majority Tehsil was given to Pakistan.

Muslim majority princely states of Kapurthala and Malerkotla also ended up in Indian Punjab. Malerkotla was the only significant Muslim majority state in Eastern Punjab that was ruled by a Muslim ruler/Nawab. And today it's the only Muslim majority municipality in Indian Punjab. All Muslims from all other aforementioned Muslim majority tehsils and princely states (with the exception of Nuh district, now in Haryana) were either expelled or killed converting those teshsils/states into Hindu/Sikh majority after partition.

Princely states like Pataudi, Loharu, Dujana etc were Hindu-majority but were ruled by Muslims. All these princely states ended up in India

Last edited:
I am Pashtun from Quetta.

That is actually pretty cool you got a chance to live there. Interestingly, it is the only Muslim majority place of East Punjab. It must have a lot of historical artifacts from the princely state days.
First, thanks for being open. There is no pashtun hatred in this region, worse crimes have occurred, and we did too with Nalwa doing his stuff, was a different time too.

Second, its not cool especially, its just what our punjab is, anyone and more sikhs have been and lived there. There is that historical hate for what punjabi muslims did in west punjab, but it's a proud moment for us to show what Sikhism is all about. These muslim brothers, who we respect is what allows us to be different from barbarians across the border.

No hate again, there's plenty to go around, we will stay out of it.

..there is that historical hate for what punjabi muslims did in west punjab, but it's a proud moment for us to show what Sikhism is all about.

Get off your high horse, mate. There's nothing for you to show what Sikhism is all about when it comes to 1947. That was the darkest chapter in the history of the region, and of your religion. Nothing to be proud of. The fratricide was mutual but Sikhs were clearly the aggressors in 1947.

The attacks, financed by Hindu tycoons and Sikh Maharajas, were so well planned/organized that many in Pakistan (and even in India) declared them "The Sikh Plan" and claimed that great Sikh conspiracy laid behind the attacks. Quite suspiciously, Sikh leaders had ordered their followers to evacuate en masse the canal lands of West Punjab (Faisalabad and Sahiwal especially) even though there were no attacks on them by Muslim mobs.

Even the Indian PM Nehru himself admitted that the Sikhs were the aggressors. He said he believed that some Sikh leaders were hoping to provoke a war between India and Pakistan, so they could launch an invasion to recapture the western half of the Punjab.

For details, read "Midnight's Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India's Partition" by Nisid Hajari.

“The Sikhs were the aggressors,” Nehru declared without hesitation in an August 22 letter to Mahatma Gandhi, estimating that twice as many Muslims had been killed in East Punjab to that point as Hindus and Sikhs in the West. When he wrote to Gandhi again three days later, Nehru said he believed that some Sikh leaders were hoping to provoke a war between India and Pakistan, so they could launch an invasion to recapture the western half of the Punjab."

Whatever the real intentions of the Sikh leaders were, they failed to achieve their goal. They were only successful in (either killing or) driving almost each and every Muslim out of East Punjab. But that didn't come without a cost. All Hindus and Sikhs were also either killed or expelled from West Punjab.

Karachi Is a name that comes from baloch tribe..kolachi. Karachi was formed around 1772 and was with the khan of kalat till1790s.many sindhis migrated feom outside once karachi became a major trade hub.
Karachi's original settlement is called 'Mai Kolachi jo goth'. Mai is a Sindhi word for women not Balochi. Not only Karachi but Lasbela was ruled by Sindhi dynasty of Korejo Sammas, Jam Kamal Khan is from their lineage. Lasbela has Sindhi plurality there. Khanate of Kalat held Karachi for breif moment after the loss of Kalhoro dynasty to Nader Shah and it's ally Kalat in 1740. Talpur dynasty gained control of Karachi again in reign of Mir Fateh Khan Talpur. Karachi was always ruled by Sindhi dynasties.

Anyways it's between Sindhis and Baloch to decide. A immigrant from UP/Bihar has no claim or say to it.

At the time independence Karachi wasn't a Sindhi majority city. Most of the native population on the outskirts of city comprised of Baloch goths not Sindhi goths.
1941 Census of India stated that 61% of population in Karachi city spoke Sindhi language. Outskirts of Karachi is populated by Memon, Jokhio, Kolachi, Korejo, Gabol, Palari, Burfat, Bhuttani etc tribes who speak Sindhi as first language. I don't recall any Ansari or Siddiqui from UP/Bihar being native in Karachi or are they?

Last edited:
The original native Sindhi tribes (Sammat tribes) are in majority but they have never ruled Sindh (since Muhammad Bin Qasim at least).

Arabs, Rajasthani Rajputs, Baloch, Turks, Mughal, Brits etc have colonized and ruled Sindh and local Sindhis for the last 1400 years. Ironically, most of the self-styled Sindhi nationalists you come across today are non-Sammat; descendants of immigrants who had settled in Sindh
Do you even know 600 years of collective rule of native Soomro, Samma, Kalhoro and Talpur dynasties after Bin Qasim invasion?

Back
Top Bottom