What's new

Prices of food items in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka & Iran

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello guyz,

I was wondering what are the current prices of the following food items in South Asia and the countries bordering Pakistan

That will help me better Judge/compare the prices of Pakistan's food items with other neighbouring countries.... Please feel free to write in your own/local currency or you can use this currency exchange converter and let me know in dollars/Pakistani rupees

XE - Universal Currency Converter

1) 1KG of Meat
2) 1 KG of rice
3) 1KG of Sugar
4) 1KG of Wheat
5) 1 Litre of cooking oil
6) Milk

Will ask more after I find the answer of these food items first.

If you do not know the price of 1KG but the entire tin/bag - you can also tell me the price of the above mentioned items in different weight and I will use the converter to find its actual price in 1KG.....

I mean if you buy only a tin of Oil, or a bag of rices then tell me the price of

1) 1KG of meat
2) Bag of rice (how many KG's per bag?)
3) Tin of Cooking Oil (how many litres?)

and so on

Last edited:
You will need to be more specific.
1) 1KG of Meat
Which meat? I think we should stick to one animal. Ex: Chicken meat.
However, this is also dependant on the season. In months such as Shravan, many hindus abstain from meat, so prices of meat tumble.

2) 1 KG of rice
Lots of varieties of rice with vast disparities in prices. I wouldn't use a variety such as Basmati to compare since an ordinary person hardly consumes it in India. You will find rice the trickiest of them all to compare.

5) 1 Litre of cooking oil
Which oil? I suggest sticking to groundnut or sunflower oil since these are produced in South Asia.

tell me about everything then :D - or whatever you know

Tesco was selling 5 kg Kohinoor Gold Label Basmati Rice for half price at 5.50 GBP :)

Tesco was selling 5 kg Kohinoor Gold Label Basmati Rice for half price at 5.50 GBP :)

I am not talking about UK man,
This nation is not being considered here. Peoples in UK will still be buying those 5kg bag of rice if the inflation is increased by 500%

I never bought anything in my life from food Market, I mean the items you have mentioned. But go there: http://agorabd.com/

Live rates at 2010.10.30 22:30:00 UTC
1.00 BDT = 1.21186 PKR

Bangladesh Taka
1 BDT = 1.21186 PKR

Pakistan Rupees
1 PKR = 0.825175 BDT

Thanks Skies, that was a very useful link

I noticed some items are even cheaper in Pakistan :woot:
Will compare all the prices of each nation after more members reply and share similar links :D

Thanks Skies, that was a very useful link

I noticed some items are even cheaper in Pakistan :woot:
Will compare all the prices of each nation after more members reply and share similar links :D

Would it be ok to post Turkey ? Or are you not looking for that.

@Zaki... I am putting some rough numbers which are on the top of my head. Again price may vary from region to region and quality of the product. All prices are in INR (1 INR = 1.93 PKR)

1) 1KG of Meat : (Chicken) Rs 120/Kg
2) 1 KG of rice : (Basmati) Rs 120/Kg; (Parboiled Rice) Rs 50/Kg
3) 1KG of Sugar : Rs 40/Kg
4) 1KG of Wheat : Rs 35/Kg
5) 1 Litre of cooking oil : (Sunflower Oil) Rs 80-100/L
6) Milk : Rs 25/L

It will be nice to see a comparison chart at the end of your compilation.

Would it be ok to post Turkey ? Or are you not looking for that.
Well I was targetting South Asian region only but I wouldn't mind if you share the prices of Turkey.... It has nothing to do with this thread but it will be useful information for my general knowledge

Also tell me the price of 1 litre bottle (or CAN) of pepsi then :rofl:
@Zaki... I am putting some rough numbers which are on the top of my head. Again price may vary from region to region and quality of the product. All prices are in INR (1 INR = 1.93 PKR)

5) 1 Litre of cooking oil : (Sunflower Oil) Rs 80-100/L

Thanks for the prices SIR,
Yeah I will definitely make a good informative comparison chart if I got the information required in the first post

$1=1.4YTL for reference. These are a little bit more on the expensive side (supermarket/shopping center prices) You could get these cheaper if you do shopping at a Bazaar.

Milk (regular), 1 liter 2.12 YTL
Loaf of Fresh Bread 1.63 YTL
Eggs (12) 3.55 YTL
Fresh Cheese (1kg) 18.85 YTL
Chicken Breasts (Boneless, Skinless), (1kg) 10.07 YTL
Water (1.5 liter bottle) 0.84 YTL
Bottle of Wine (Mid-Range) 16.80 YTL
Domestic Beer (0.5 liter bottle) 2.37 YTL
Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) 3.56 YTL
Pack of Cigarettes (Marlboro) 6.55 YTL

$1=1.4YTL for reference. These are a little bit more on the expensive side (supermarket/shopping center prices) You could get these cheaper if you do shopping at a Bazaar.

Milk (regular), 1 liter 2.12 YTL
Loaf of Fresh Bread 1.63 YTL
Eggs (12) 3.55 YTL
Fresh Cheese (1kg) 18.85 YTL
Chicken Breasts (Boneless, Skinless), (1kg) 10.07 YTL
Water (1.5 liter bottle) 0.84 YTL
Bottle of Wine (Mid-Range) 16.80 YTL
Domestic Beer (0.5 liter bottle) 2.37 YTL
Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) 3.56 YTL
Pack of Cigarettes (Marlboro) 6.55 YTL

My my!!!

Turkey seems to really expensive place!! Here in Bahrain, prices are more or less comparible to South asia. around 20% more then south asia on food items but 20% less for electronics.

Do turkey and the european countries levy huge import duties which had pushed the prices so high? Even for the basic food items. I understand if its high for tobaco and alchohol products.

5) 1 Litre of cooking oil : (Sunflower Oil) Rs 80-100/L 120 Now

Update Now.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom