What's new

Price disclosure of China's Sinopharm vaccine sparks crisis in Bangladesh

So you get air ticket at same price in different countries? or you buy Coca Cola at the same price?

I went France, Italy, found Coca Cola is double/triple or even fourfold the price in US. I can refill Coca Cola/Pepsi for free in Costco, Mcdonald's in US, but not the case in France, Italy.

Business is business.

Sri Lanka used to be good friend of China, but when India/US sponsored regime change, they pay commercial price. Any problem?

Sri Lanka has the freedom to buy from India/US since they sponsored the regime change in Sri Lanka.

Pakistan is China Iron Brother, I won't object if Pakistan get $5/dose, or even lower. That's Pakistan privilege.

Every country treat every country differently, base on their relationship, nothing wrong.

You treat your friend as bad as enemy, you won't have any friend.

You treat your enemy as good as friend, you will have plenty of enemies.

The bottom line is Sri Lanka is debt ridden therefore not in a good position to negotiate any deal.

Remember this is what Chinese foreign minister said ," US is not in a strong position to dictate any deal ! "

Yes, it is business as usual.

Pakistan paid 27.15$ per shot for CanSino single dose vaccine :coffee:

Misleading and fake news western media only tell half of the story. There are production line transferred.

Also this is single-jab vaccine

Pakistan rolls out locally produced CanSino vaccine

Yes agree. However to be fair, it seems they did get a deal to produce locally as well. So not a bad deal per se . Moreover, seems Cansino is one of the few single dose vaccines out there.

The main problem China had was messaging the Chinese embassy in Sri lanka first tweeted that pricing was based on income of the country that was why high income hungry paid the highest and since Sri lanka was high middle income we had to pay 15 then they deleted the tweet after people complained about pricing

They they said it was fake news and no one would less than 15 after the government said they were going to make a diplomatic protest

1. Bangladesh ordered/paid for Astrazeneca for 30 million doeses, got only 1/3rd and couldn't get the rest due Indian export ban.

2. SinoVac(China) asked BD for clinical trials but BD refused last year(end). BD never bothered with ordering any vaccine from them.

3. China tried gifting SinoPharm in Febuary but some Bureaucratic error/incompetancy happened from BD and China couldn't gift BD.

4. Bangladesh wants to buy Sputnik vaccine from Russia at 10 dollar per dose, everything going smoothly but all of a sudden BD wants Russia to reduce the price. Case still hanging(I think)

5. Now Bangladesh allows China to gift 500K doses + 600K doses(SinoPharm) again.

6. BD orders 15 million doses of SinoPharm on urgent basis, 5 million doses in June, 5 million in July and 5 million doses in August to be delivered. Price tag is 10 dollars per dose. Somebody from BD leaks the info and it got compared with Sri Lanka's purchase of the same vaccine at 15 dollars per dose. Now, BD might have to pay 15$ per dose or may be say goodbye to the deal.

7. (PS): BD developed it's own vaccine last years end but it was never approved for whatever reasons.
Well summarized.

Holy Shit. Pakistan has been tossed by China.

Sputnik is Russian and it appears the prices I listed earlier is the cost of private import.
The prices paid by GoP is undisclosed.

Misleading and fake news western media only tell half of the story. There are production line transferred.

Also this is single-jab vaccine

Comprehension problem? I already said single dose earlier...save your fake misleading rant for when its more appropriate- thank you

Sri Lanka price is also out in the open, so who is doing it ?

This is called whistle blowing and offcourse Chinese slaves will call it treason. There was/is a huge discussion going on India wrt vaccine prices and strategy. No one is getting accused of treason. It's a part of democratic process with opposition making sure no bribing or unwanted wastage of tax payers money is taking place.
I will call the employee brave for telling the truth and let the public decide on what they want to do.
First give our vaccine , we paid in advance for it. But you thieves didn't give us vaccine. So just give us our vaccine you Munafiqs, or just shut your fu.cking gob .

And also this news is about our internal matter, so don't poke your dirty nose and just buzz off!

And you will call the employee brave because this bitch is planted raw mole.

But be sure , every single raw moles will be seek and punished , and will be punished so brutally that will be set an example. Indian moles will face the worst consequences, if not now then in near future.

Listen Indian, Bangladesh was not destinied to be the puppet of India.

It was Bengalis who break your country to create Pakistan in 1947 , and in future it will be the biggest threat for you, Mark my every single word.

You guys are creating horrible adversary in your Eastern border, and they will be much more ferocious to you than Pakistan ever was!

Trust me, you will miss Pakistani enmity too much in future, as Bangladesh will be the extreme degree enemy for you.

Don't be fooled by some online folks, they don't represent Bangladesh.

By default majority Bangladeshi hate India. and the hate is so vicious that no Pakistani can ever hate India like that. And this hate will burn you once, mark my words.

Last edited:
This is called whistle blowing and offcourse Chinese slaves will call it treason. There was/is a huge discussion going on India wrt vaccine prices and strategy. No one is getting accused of treason. It's a part of democratic process with opposition making sure no bribing or unwanted wastage of tax payers money is taking place.
I will call the employee brave for telling the truth and let the public decide on what they want to do.

Bangladesh paid India upfront for all the vaccines including the ones it didn't receive. India broke an agreed contract. You should only comment once India supplies the vaccines plus the penalty for failure to deliver on time.

There is no point of say sorry or to defend the raw mole . Just seek and punish these traitor raw moles hiding inside GoB.

China annoyed that price of Sinopharm was publicised by Bangladesh: Foreign Minister

Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen has said China is a little upset that the procurement price of Sinopharm vaccine was made public in Bangladesh.

China and Bangladesh signed an agreement whereby it was guaranteed that the procurement price would not be disclosed.

"We express sorrow to the Chinese ambassador for the incident," the foreign minister said while giving an interview on private television Channel24 yesterday.
Bangladesh's position has deteriorated to a large extent due to the incident, he said.
He added that the government will not be able to purchase the vaccine at the same price in future.
"We have to purchase vaccines at the price they sell to other countries," the minister said, adding that that price could be double or triple.
On May 27, the cabinet meeting approved the proposal of procuring 1.5 crore doses of Sinopharm vaccine from China. An official of the cabinet division at a briefing told journalists that the government is going to procure each dose at $10.
After the news was published on different media outlets, the official of the ministry said the price has not been approved yet.
Later, Professor Abul Bashar Mohammad Khurshid Alam, director general of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), said they have sent a letter to the Chinese Embassy where they expressed regret over the matter.
Prof Khurshid told Channel24, "We did not disclose the price of the vaccine willingly. But, it was somehow disclosed. We have sent them a letter. They are yet to give any reaction."
The DG said China has sold each dose of vaccine to Sri Lanka for $14 and $17 to Indonesia.
After learning of the price Sinopharm charged Bangladesh, those countries put pressure on China to sell the vaccines at the same rate, added the DG.
Despite repeated attempts, The Daily Star could not reach Foreign Minister Ak Abul Momen for his comment in this regard.

and in future it will be the biggest threat for you, Mark my every single word.

You guys are creating horrible adversary in your Eastern border, and they will be much more ferocious to you than Pakistan ever was!

The shit land you are living in will be sinked soon and if not we will sink it. Better know your limit you underwear stitcher.

The shit land you are living in will be sinked soon and if not we will sink it. Better know your limit you underwear stitcher.
Lmao ! You don't have to be worried about us , you better oil your own machine. First try to remain united under Indian union by controlling covid 19 , then controll your dhoti ( otherwise machine will.be exposed ) ,and then tell prophecy about Bangladesh.

Also in future, secure your 🐔 neck , otherwise you will be in trouble if China ever decide to wring sup pow 🐔 neck.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom