What's new

Power and Principle: UNSC Reforms

General Assembly is the one responsible for any UN reforms and not the UNSC.

Source?

How will it even get to the general assembly in the first place, if the draft of the resolution is vetoed?

Source?

How will it even get to the general assembly in the first place, if the draft of the resolution is vetoed?

You need to read the UNSC madate first.

"The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) is one of the principal organs of the United Nations and is charged with the maintenance of international peace and security. Its powers, outlined in the United Nations Charter, include the establishment of peacekeeping operations, the establishment of international sanctions, and the authorization of military action."

Resolution is drafted in General assembly itself as UN reform is their mandate.

I'll wait for it to be confirmed first. :D

Even IF the news is true, waiting 15 years for a veto which might not even come, that is a funny thing to be proud of.

Even IF the news is true, waiting 15 years for a veto which might not even come, that is a funny thing to be proud of.

All permanent members will have veto powers,(as there is no classification such as non veto holding permanent members), but agreeing countries will make voluntary pledge not to use their veto powers for next 15ys..except in certain special circumstances.

NO. read the article and educate yourself please about the rules as I tried to educate you guys over and over again on the other UNSC thread.

the compromise was with the other member nations and not China. your veto means zip- good luck - and try again.

China would never see India on the council period, because as it is stated in matter of 10 years they will have veto power.

In the history books it will go down, China was the only one who tried to block India unsuccessfully !

I admire Indian optimism.

Ares, If you want to get excited before the news is confirmed, then go ahead. :D

I'm personally going to wait and see.

Do I smell something burning? apparently , you did not understand the rules yet - it does not have to wait 15 years and even so 15 years is nothing. name me one country that would not take this deal :). sorry your country failed at stopping India

^^^ Wow, somebody is counting their chickens before they have hatched. :lol:

Just like India, to boast about something they don't even have yet.

Ares, If you want to get excited before the news is confirmed, then go ahead. :D

I'm personally going to wait and see.

I am hardly excited about this ..since the whole reform process will take another couple years atleast ..but seems you guys are already on the edge.

^^^ Wow, somebody is counting their chickens before they have hatched. :lol:

Just like India, to boast about something they don't even have yet.

This from a people who have already anointed themselves no1 GDP and a super pawarrr in the world . ROFL TOO Hilarious! :rofl:

^^^ Chinese leaders have stated that their goal is for China to be a "middle-income" country, not a superpower. :wave:

I am hardly excited about this ..since the whole reform process will take another couple years atleast ..but seems you guys are already on the edge.

You can dream big if you want, I don't think your dreams will come true though. :D

Back
Top Bottom