What's new

Possible steps to counter the rising threat from IAF ?

I agree with u adm_havemercy that Su-30 is some how batter then JF-17 but u shld accept this truth that JF-17 can counter ur all other fighters Mirage, MiG-29 ,Jaguar, MiG-21 & ofcourse compete with MiG-27.
Besides that Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation & Pakistan Aeronautical Complex are putting their best to take it for 4.5th generation like.
1) use of composite materials in the airframe to decrease weight.
2) Chinese Infra-Red Search and Track (IRST) system.
3) New engine; most likely the Chinese WS-13 TianShan, although the PAF is considering fitting European powerplants such as the French Snecma M88 to its aircraft.
4) Minor airframe modifications to reduce the aircraft's radar cross-section by adding stealthy features
5) Beyond the initial 50 PAF JF-17s, the remaining production aircraft may also be equipped with European avionics, radars and weaponry.
6) New Radar options for JF-17 are the Italian Galileo Avionica Grifo S7, and the French Thomson-CSF RC400, a variant of the RDY-2 radar, along with the MBDA MICA short/medium range air-to-air missile.

After all addition of these above features, I asure u that JF-17 wouldn't be easy for SU-30.

:)

you seem to be well aware .
i never said that jf-17 cant counter mki . even with its present configuartion it has every possible chance . even an f-7 has a chance . all i said was that technologically mki is above than jf-17 right now .

you seem to be well aware .
i never said that jf-17 cant counter mki . even with its present configuartion it has every possible chance . even an f-7 has a chance . all i said was that technologically mki is above than jf-17 right now .

I agree :agree:

Cost of Su-30MKI is is less then $40mn and cost of J-10a is $40mn++, and we will buy J-10b, which will add $10-20mn more to its cost!

mate no cost of j-10 is around 25 to 28 million $ . that 40 ++ figure is the export price with spares etc .
but i think j-10 is a great platform defeinitely asa good as mki if it gets a pesa or aesa radar .( which it will definitely get in future - make sure you purchase those ) .

Yes but max range of J-10 is 3,400 km and SU-30MKI has 3,000 km....thts the price of 2 engines :D

you think thats a huge difference . su-30 mki can strike anywhere in china and j-10 can strike anywhere in india .
so its no big deal

also i wanted to ask whats the range of jf-17 without aerial refueling .( dont give me wiki stuff they say the range of lca is 3000 km while its actually 800 km - gr8 for a point defence fighter .)

go and read some reports of the australian defence analysist which says that sukhois are even better that f-18 ( ill provide u d link as soon as i find it)
Why do you believe what those Australians write in those "reports"? They write that crap because they want the Australian government to buy F-35 and F-22 instead of F-18. Why does US Navy buy F-18 Super Hornet if it is no match for Sukhoi flankers?

Last edited:
No matter what you say all the J-10 will defenately beat Su-30MKI at any given time

You are stupid if you believe what those Australians write in those "reports". They write that crap because they want the Australian government to buy F-35 and F-22 instead of F-18. Why does US Navy buy F-18 Super Hornet if it is no match for Sukhoi flankers? Can you find me a source for that? Nope. Use common sense before shouting "FLANKER IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD".

first you raise a question then yourself answer it . us navy buys f-18 coz they cant buy sukhois :lol:
if by critisizing a aircraft u can can get a better one then why dont u critisize f-16 block 50 . who knows they might give you f-22 and f-35 :cheers:
u need common sense coz u yourself lack it .

Only in the minds of Indian fanboys like you. Over Pakistani skies with AEW support, it is a match for your flankers.

awacs awacs awacs awacs tell me how many awacs do you have . will they be able to cover all mki and jf-17 . and when u are comparing two aircraft you compare them on neutral ground . and if u dont know we have better awacs than you .
Yes it is very good, congratulations, you helped a veteran combat pilot and instructor learn more about the difference between twin engine and single engine fighter jets, some of which he has flown in combat. :rolleyes:

i respect him . if not more than you than not less than you . he is a soldier who fought for his country . he deserves every respect in the world . it was just that i didnt like his way of responding . if i offended him then i apologize to him . believe me sir you will always recieve respect from me .

ok you tell me what is the diff between single engined and twin engined fighter . and what was the context of this silly question .

Why do you believe what those Australians write in those "reports"? They write that crap because they want the Australian government to buy F-35 and F-22 instead of F-18. Why does US Navy buy F-18 Super Hornet if it is no match for Sukhoi flankers?

mate you are impossible .:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

where is the rest of the post

mate you are impossible .:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
where is the rest of the post
I read your other posts and decided that you are not like some of the other people here, so I deleted the parts of my above post that you have already addressed with this:
adm_havemercy said:
:) Please ignore my previous post except for the statement I left there.

adm said:
first you raise a question then yourself answer it . us navy buys f-18 coz they cant buy sukhois
if by critisizing a aircraft u can can get a better one then why dont u critisize f-16 block 50 . who knows they might give you f-22 and f-35
u need common sense coz u yourself lack it .
awacs awacs awacs awacs tell me how many awacs do you have . will they be able to cover all mki and jf-17 . and when u are comparing two aircraft you compare them on neutral ground . and if u dont know we have better awacs than you ."

I will just reply to this.
It seems you are the one lacking common sense. The report you are talking about is NOT written by the Australian government or the Australian air force. It is written by some guy who has an agenda and it does not contain the full facts. It is CLEARLY biased against F-18 super hornet.
USA produces the most advanced aircraft in the world. If F-18E SH (super hornet) could not take on the latest sukhois they would simply upgrade it until it could. F-18E has advanced AESA radar and many RCS reducing modifications, it is DESIGNED to kill any non-stealth sukhoi. Why would US Navy want sukhois when it can get something better?
Seriously, you are trying to tell me that the US Navy will fill all its aircraft carriers with F-18E SH if it is inferior to latest Russian fighters? You aren't making any sense.

"if by critisizing a aircraft u can can get a better one then why dont u critisize f-16 block 50 . who knows they might give you f-22 and f-35"
Why don't you criticise F-16IN? Who knows, they might give you F-22. :lol:

PAF will soon have 8 AEW/C, so yes there is enough to provide cover for all PAF aircraft. Four of them have the proven Erieye AESA radar that has a similar range to Indian AWACS radar, so while Indian AWACS may be better than PAF AEW/C "if compared on neutral ground", they are certainly enough for PAF's needs.

Last edited:
you think thats a huge difference . su-30 mki can strike anywhere in china and j-10 can strike anywhere in india .
so its no big deal

also i wanted to ask whats the range of jf-17 without aerial refueling .( dont give me wiki stuff they say the range of lca is 3000 km while its actually 800 km - gr8 for a point defence fighter .)

3000km without re-fueling!!:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom