What's new

Possible steps to counter the rising threat from IAF ?

I can see where you are coming from but I think you are being a bit optimistic. No way will $1 BN buy 100 F-16s, even if they are second hand, what about spares? Weapons? Training? The cost of raising related infrastructure? Buying a second hand fighter is not like buying a second hand banger- there are a lot of hidden costs. I mean India is spending $1BN and "only" getting 16 Naval helicopters (S-70Bs) for example.

And I have to wonder if getting second hand machines is really the best strategy for the PAF, yes it makes sense from a unit price point of view but what about life cycle costs? What about the penalty that all these birds will be towards the end of their service lives? In under a decade the PAF will be in just a big a mess but this time with hundreds of F-16s that need replacing urgently.

I actually think this is why the JF-17 was a good idea for the PAF- a very cheap fighter that the PAF could buy new and in relatively large numbers.

You really think the PAF can touch the east/south coast of India (where the IT hubs are)? This is sheer lunacy of the highest order. Not only would this almost certainly be one way ticket for all PAF birds,your birds don't have the range to fly from Pakistan and all the way across mainland India and how exactly do you think your birds will make it through Western and Central air commands without being detected/intercepted?

The biggest load of nonsense I have heard for a long, long time.

And you guys really think India and the world would just sit by and let you guys do this?

I can't believe this people are talking like this. any attack on civilian population will bring mayhem fro them.

You really think the PAF can touch the east/south coast of India (where the IT hubs are)? This is sheer lunacy of the highest order. Not only would this almost certainly be one way ticket for all PAF birds,your birds don't have the range to fly from Pakistan and all the way across mainland India and how exactly do you think your birds will make it through Western and Central air commands without being detected/intercepted?

The biggest load of nonsense I have heard for a long, long time.

And you guys really think India and the world would just sit by and let you guys do this?

Round trip2000km

Correction. Round trip is 4700KM.

Even one way trip between Islamabad and Bangalore is 2351 KM.

It will be a one way trip onlee towards the promised 72 ;)

Wawww... :pop::pop::pop: please, tell us more.... :pop::pop::pop:
I think you can figure it out for yourself- the short legged fighters you posses coupled with the ADGE network the IAF has on their Western front and on top of that their fleet of advanced fighters deployed to foil any such attempt to breach Indian airspace.

I think you can figure it out for yourself- the short legged fighters you posses coupled with the ADGE network the IAF has on their Western front and on top of that their fleet of advanced fighters deployed to foil any such attempt to breach Indian airspace.
Nope...That looks impossible.. :pop::pop::pop: how? :pop::pop:

This is how we should dent their economy, drive investors and FDI out of there, regular attacks and bigger skrimishes would turn india into a hostile state.
What type of mentality is this??
Very pathetic..
Regular attacks with PAF??? (like your LOC violation)..
Mr. Researcher even one such attack will end up in full blown war let alone regular attacks....

Possible steps to counter IAF should be in establishing good radar network and having sound air defence systems.

Gone are the days when PAF could be the agressor and violate Indian airspace on will.

And planning to raid Mumbai or South cities is as stupid as me saying IAF can bomb Beijing.

Everybody is talking about Su-30, Rafale, Mig-29, Mig-21, Mirage, Jags etc. Why are you people ignoring LCA Tejas? It might not be top notch fighter. IAF is inducting 50 of these jets[correct me if wrong] which can pose a serious threat to PAF.

Everybody is talking about Su-30, Rafale, Mig-29, Mig-21, Mirage, Jags etc. Why are you people ignoring LCA Tejas? It might not be top notch fighter. IAF is inducting 50 of these jets[correct me if wrong] which can pose a serious threat to PAF.
How oh lord of technology? How?? :pop::pop::pop:

People here are forgetting that before PAF planes trying to cross border to reach south india, IAF would be coming back from raids to lahore and karachi. In their dreams also PAF cannot fly past MP let alone southern states. Fighter planes based at Gwalior AFB alone is more than enough to decimate entire PAF.

This is how we should dent their economy, drive investors and FDI out of there, regular attacks and bigger skrimishes would turn india into a hostile state.

Kindly tell me how skirmishes on border would turn India into a hostile state? India is a big country and any skirmishes on the border would have little impact on India's economic activity.

Investment will keep coming as long as there is no ALL OUT WAR. Anything short of a all out war wouldn't stop investors from investing in the country.

If in case Pakistan tries to do something mischievous, Indian Navy can impose a Naval blockade (which it has done in the past also) and bring the entire economic activity of your country to standstill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom