What's new

Possible Solution of Kashmir issue...Your Opinion

To the US? Yaar I can't tell you how bad I want to go Canada! As soon as I have honoured all those who have fallen alongside me and the TTP have been defeated, I am going to Canada and doing something simpler. I want to spend out the next phase of my life in relative peace.

Give me call as soon as you get here! Seriously. :D

ok go to muree or bhurban for relax i become normal in 3 days visit of muree

Thank You Sir Ji, will spend some time with family and hopefully stay away from the news but I have to be on constant alert. If there is an attack or a major tip off, I'm on.

Sir ji, bas sakoon hona chahiye, baqi mujhe beshak Brazil kay jangal main chor dain. Bohat larr liya maine, bohat lashain utha leen, humaray log iss jang ki wajah say badal gaye hain. Yeh woh qoum nahi rahi jis main main bara hua tha, jiss say mujhe itna piyar tha. Ab meri har roz koshish hoti hai kay aaj ki larai main main maara jaun, har dafa main hi kiyon lash uthanay wala banun? Kabhi meri lash ka wazan bhi kisi aur kay kandhay par dalna chahiye.

My respect for speaking the truth, Sir.

I would say it has to be the media, in our times, we were also taught to hate the other but it was not blaring on the television screens all day long. There is also the fact that direct contact between the two is almost non-existent.
Like I have mentioned many times before, the first time I actually met an Indian, I feared he would kill me.

I was in Bahrain, only 10 at the time, visiting with my family and staying in an expensive hotel with a pool which I decided to go to late in the evening. The guard was just getting ready to call it a day when I came and asked him in english if I and my siblings could swim to which he said yes. As soon as we were about to go to the changing rooms, he spoke up:

Guard: "Aap Pakistan say hain?"

I replied in an affirmative and asked me where exactly asked me about family and then I asked him where he is from, with a faint smile, he said hum aap kay paros main say hain, I thought he meant my city so I asked him, "Pindi?"
He replied "India" and all of a sudden, the life just left me. All I had ever heard about India was how many people they had killed in Kashmir and nothing more and I assumed that they were all cold-blooded killers. I immediately thought that he might try to harm my younger siblings and I shouted for them to leave as it was already getting too late.
The guard asked me if we did not wish to swim, he was willing to stay on for some more time but I just said we wanted to take a look and will come back in the morning, which was an obvious lie.

On the way back from our international trip though, I shared a seat with a really nice Indian lady, she talked with me and my family the entire way, sang dil, dil Pakistan with me and asked me to come to Ludhiana if I am ever in India, then I realized that these are also people like us.

I think more youngsters need to actually meet someone from the other country to start seeing them as people rather than as just the media stereotypes that they are portrayed to be.

Sir, I hope you have been emphasizing this point in your lectures!

The last thing first: I am now getting known as soft on Pakistanis, and soft on Muslims as well, the irony being that my VC, who is my benefactor, is an Aligarh product (also in service there, here on secondment). As for telling the kids that they need to see people as people, not as national stereotypes, at this university, which is a bit of an elite place (they qualify through the Common Law Admission Test, which some 40,000 take, of some 1,400 qualify for seats), they are not too bad, not like the run of the mill colleges. Frankly, I tend to see people who think in a regressive way as abnormal, and I think that it is more accurate to think of ourselves as normal.

I went on to my first Pakistani site after Bombay, to find out who wanted to kill us, and why. That was Professor Adil Najam's All Things Pakistan, and there cannot possibly be a more decent, more civilised introduction to Pakistan. I actually became fast friends with some of them.

That led me to Pak Tea House, where I was taken by some of my new friends, and that was almost home. It still is, in some ways.

Some six of us, three from each country, coincidentally, then formed a private mailing list, when PTH was over-run by Hindutva-vadis and it became too much for our stomachs. That has grown to ten, but will stay very small, because we discuss the most difficult subjects, sometimes get angry with each other, but always make peace at the end of play. We are hoping to get together in the flesh, although there have been some small meetings on the side, for instance, when the remarkable Yasser Latif Hamdani came to Delhi (his account was quite ambiguous; liked Delhi, and some Dilli-wallahs, was quite critical about the condition of Muslims in Delhi, and about some bumptious Indians - which just proves that he is perfectly normal). That meeting sounds too difficult to organise in Lahore, our first wish, or even in Delhi, our second, so it will probably happen in Dubai (so what's new?). Some other side meetings have happened in London.

We have just fought a very bitter war on the Kashmir issue in that list, and one of my closest friends and I were locked in mortal combat for nearly two weeks - truce was declared and peace broke out a few days ago. You will be amused to learn that the range of options there very closely mirrored the options generated here. The only difference is that there was no name-calling there, as there has been here. But that's because we are very close friends there.

It will take at least half a decade, need to honour my friends first and close this chapter we started together.

Five years will go by in a flash, I will probably be still causing a ruckus here on PDF then. :D

Thank You Sir Ji, will spend some time with family and hopefully stay away from the news but I have to be on constant alert. If there is an attack or a major tip off, I'm on.
cool down boss and take some time alone with peace nothing gonna break you are strong man . trust me

I used to imagine I had a lot of fight in me, but I never thought I'd run out of moxie like this.

Remember this quote?

"Never was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill.

You and your colleagues have more moxie in your little toenail clipping than ten people like me put together, and worthy of respect.

(Just don't go and declare Martial Law, that I have an issue with. :D )

Sir take it easy with the new guy!

Forget it, the context of the post is lost on you people. In your epic myopia, you seem to confuse psychological attachment with some sort of longing and hatred as the most pristine form of patriotism. Your misguided sense of direction if nothing else, concerns me, the Pakistani lot included.
@Joe Shearer @third eye what is it with these guys? We have fought the other but remain civil and show mutual respect, these guys probably have never seen the other side ever and have such well-entrenched biases.
Nothing on patriotism, its a fact. Pakistan hardly finds mention in the south but it comes up mostly in the context of terrorism. You can call this bias or whatever, Pakistan is hardly in news for good stuff. A lot of people from south are in other countries especially in US and believe me the news in US too does not mention Pakistan in a good light and nobody is interested in digging the bias of news papers and such cause they are least interested, similar to what happens in say China.

However, you said that north Indians have an attachment and to that my answer was no, sir. To me and my parents and their family there is hardly anything. They are quite happy where they are and do not seem to know much about the now Pakistan.

My Grandmother is still alive, hail and health, she actually had to face the sad circumstances of our division but she hardly mentions Pakistan when remembering her experiences. My other late grandmother had some stories of Pakistan but she only remembered it as a cruel joke which was played on them by those who were in power and nothing else.

Where was the question of respect? I was expressing my observations and experiences about the topic of your post.

Back
Top Bottom