What's new

Possible Solution of Kashmir issue...Your Opinion

Sir take it easy with the new guy!

Forget it, the context of the post is lost on you people. In your epic myopia, you seem to confuse psychological attachment with some sort of longing and hatred as the most pristine form of patriotism. Your misguided sense of direction if nothing else, concerns me, the Pakistani lot included.
@Joe Shearer @third eye what is it with these guys? We have fought the other but remain civil and show mutual respect, these guys probably have never seen the other side ever and have such well-entrenched biases.

You are right on both counts. It was picking on a kid to take on the little fellow. It is also very unsettling to see the venom that newcomers vent on each other. Earlier, it was only the Indians (that is why I left, besides the pressure of work in a new place, in a new profession); now, to my deepening horror, it is the younger Pakistanis as well.

What are we doing wrong?

Damn just solve this issue and make this world a better place once and for all. Both are responsible states and should solve all disputes as soon as possible. Fighting with other can never bring anything good to either party.
One way of doing it.
1. Pakistan has to vacate the land it illegally holds.
2. Those who have been damaged by the process of using terrorism emanating from Pakistani soil have to be compensated for their losses.
Then, we can have peace.

You are right on both counts. It was picking on a kid to take on the little fellow. It is also very unsettling to see the venom that newcomers vent on each other. Earlier, it was only the Indians (that is why I left, besides the pressure of work in a new place, in a new profession); now, to my deepening horror, it is the younger Pakistanis as well.

What are we doing wrong?

I would say it has to be the media, in our times, we were also taught to hate the other but it was not blaring on the television screens all day long. There is also the fact that direct contact between the two is almost non-existent.
Like I have mentioned many times before, the first time I actually met an Indian, I feared he would kill me.

I was in Bahrain, only 10 at the time, visiting with my family and staying in an expensive hotel with a pool which I decided to go to late in the evening. The guard was just getting ready to call it a day when I came and asked him in english if I and my siblings could swim to which he said yes. As soon as we were about to go to the changing rooms, he spoke up:

Guard: "Aap Pakistan say hain?"

I replied in an affirmative and asked me where exactly asked me about family and then I asked him where he is from, with a faint smile, he said hum aap kay paros main say hain, I thought he meant my city so I asked him, "Pindi?"
He replied "India" and all of a sudden, the life just left me. All I had ever heard about India was how many people they had killed in Kashmir and nothing more and I assumed that they were all cold-blooded killers. I immediately thought that he might try to harm my younger siblings and I shouted for them to leave as it was already getting too late.
The guard asked me if we did not wish to swim, he was willing to stay on for some more time but I just said we wanted to take a look and will come back in the morning, which was an obvious lie.

On the way back from our international trip though, I shared a seat with a really nice Indian lady, she talked with me and my family the entire way, sang dil, dil Pakistan with me and asked me to come to Ludhiana if I am ever in India, then I realized that these are also people like us.

I think more youngsters need to actually meet someone from the other country to start seeing them as people rather than as just the media stereotypes that they are portrayed to be.

Sir, I hope you have been emphasizing this point in your lectures!

One way of doing it.
2. Those who have been damaged by the process of using terrorism emanating from Pakistani soil have to be compensated for their losses.
Then, we can have peace.
one more from my side
1. India should vacate annexed land immediately
2. All the people they have killed apologize and hand over the culprits
3. Make apology to Pakistan for all the wars
4. Make pledge after Kashmir independence free Goa, Hyderabad and all the annexed states
5. issue no objection for free khalistan
Hang modi publicly for the killings of muslims

Sir take it easy with the new guy!

Forget it, the context of the post is lost on you people. In your epic myopia, you seem to confuse psychological attachment with some sort of longing and hatred as the most pristine form of patriotism. Your misguided sense of direction if nothing else, concerns me, the Pakistani lot included.
@Joe Shearer @third eye what is it with these guys? We have fought the other but remain civil and show mutual respect, these guys probably have never seen the other side ever and have such well-entrenched biases.

The subject at hand is such that needs little or no background study / knowledge hence easy to comment upon.

A newbie stands out by his earnestness of views and anxiety to score brownies.

The reason for preconceived ideas is lack of interaction, we see each other through the prism of predetermined colours - no VIBGYOR here, mostly Red only. The less we meet ' off parade' the more we hate ' on parade'.

Media adds its own two pennies leading to imbibing another's opinion without making your own which would come thru interaction & reading.

Its a sign of the times...which is worrisome.

@Icarus @Joe Shearer

Short answer - Spoon Feeding

People now days have their thinking outsourced to Media and Internet. Their opinions are verbatim repetition of those of rabid anchors I see on prime time TV. They only images they see are of bearded terrorists and Fanatical Hindus.

They don't think about a question - they don't look for answers it is handed over to them on silver platter.

Most people have never met in real life a Pakistani or an Indian.

Can't blame them - can't expect something better too.

Solution number 1 is: Give Kashmir Valley to Pakistan and keep rest of Kashmir
Solution number 2: Leave it as it is and focus on other things
Solution number 3: war and snatch each others land
Solution number 4: referendum as agreed on first day of dispute and let people decide about their fate. The only logical solution is the solution number 4

one more from my side
1. India should vacate annexed land immediately
2. All the people they have killed apologize and hand over the culprits
3. Make apology to Pakistan for all the wars
4. Make pledge after Kashmir independence free Goa, Hyderabad and all the annexed states
5. issue no objection for free khalistan
Hang modi publicly for the killings of muslims
Are you a terrorism apologist or a terrorist supporter ?

The subject at hand is such that needs little or no background study / knowledge hence easy to comment upon.

The reason for preconceived ideas is lack of interaction, we see each other through the prism of predetermined colours - no VIBGYOR here, mostly Red only. The less we meet ' off parade' the more we hate ' on parade'.

Media adds its own two pennies leading to imbibing another's opinion without making your own which would come thru interaction & reading.

Thanks for expressing my views more eloquently - was trying to say the same thing.

Worrisome indeed, it is a generation that treats war as a pass time and the nuclear weapons as a pyromaniac's fancy. I feel chills run down my spine when I fear that we might one day have them in important positions of command and authority. I don't remember having this degree of venom inside me, ever.

Worrisome indeed, it is a generation that treats war as a pass time and the nuclear weapons as a pyromaniac's fancy. I feel chills run down my spine when I fear that we might one day have them in important positions of command and authority. I don't remember having this degree of venom inside me, ever.

I saw this rise of insanity firsthand, Sir. Why do you think I left?

One way of doing it.
Then, we can have peace.
Looks like peace was never an option...
On a serious note, lets evacuate our Militaries and do a referendum following UN guidelines. I am all for it. Lets get over it once and for all. But I guess this issue won't be solved at least during my lifetime...

I saw this rise of insanity firsthand, Sir. Why do you think I left?

To the US? Yaar I can't tell you how bad I want to go Canada! As soon as I have honoured all those who have fallen alongside me and the TTP have been defeated, I am going to Canada and doing something simpler. I want to spend out the next phase of my life in relative peace.

Are you a terrorism apologist or a terrorist supporter ?
this is not the answer i support right of Kashmir freedom and i condemn Mumbai attacks and also demand public hanging of innocent Muslim killer Modi ..

Back
Top Bottom