What's new

Possible Russian S-400 sale to India and Pakistan's Response.

India needs Russian weapons, India is not Russia master to dictate them. Its pure Russian business decision what they decide.
some other Russian business decisions for you to think about:
su30_redflag_3_20080808.jpg

nerpa-10.jpg

INS_Vikramaditya_%28R33%29_with_a_Sea_Harrier_aircraft_in_the_Arabian_Sea.jpg

and soon:
S-400_Triumf-34.jpg

and
Sukhoi_T-50_Beltyukov.jpg

IF the deal is really for 11 billion dollars, then it will not just be 12 batteries, considering each battery costs 500 million.
It will involve TOT..with further batteries being manufactured in India.

But even if it is just 12 batteries ..then forming a SAM wall(let say ) 100 Km from Pakistan border would serve both the purposes.

Any aircraft or missile launched from Pakistan will have to eventually cross those SAM sites ..to hit the targets inland...So airbases and high value targets inland are automatically protected.

But In case India decides deploy 3 out 4 regiments to protect high value metropolitan cities.
Even if single regiment deployed in Punjab. then it would neutralise six of Pakistan ten main airbases of

Sargodha
Shorkot
Peshawar
Mianwali
Kamra
Rawalpindi
AS IF INDIOTS from the great SUPA POWA have any guts to do any thing

and they take pride in a retired carrier

AS IF INDIOTS from the great SUPA POWA have any guts to do any thing

and they take pride in a retired carrier

Come on mate dont get too offensive. We dont take pride in a retired Carrier but in a refitted Carrier with all modern amenities. What have you got?

Good Idea but in real life effective only when the enemy don't have strong network of ground radar and Ariel AWAAC
I guess time will tell. Both China and Pakistan will develop countermeasures and with China also having the S-400, this will more than likely be the case. A system like S-400 cannot be ignored

Well I for one am glad that this happened. It will certainly shut down all the ridiculous Pakistani posts about getting hold of Russian weapons. Russia isn't going to sell anything with real punch to Pakistan anytime soon, and yes that includes the "mighty" SU-35.

As for counters, MIRV tech is being worked on. There also plenty of options for Pakistan to procure excellent SAM systems. I'd say the Aster 30, mentioned by @Blue Marlin makes perfect sense. It is an excellent system and the PAF already operates the Spada.

I guess time will tell. Both China and Pakistan will develop countermeasures and with China also having the S-400, this will more than likely be the case. A system like S-400 cannot be ignored
Janab check my earlier posts and this post
Possible Russian S-400 sale to India and Pakistan's Response. | Page 2

I have been neutral from the start. Only valid and best answer here is NASR with extended range say 150 KM is the best answer to this quest. Other than that I recomended some options on the link provided above taking consideration of indo-pak scenario in mind.

So don't say like only time will tell. If you have something shoot right over.

Well I for one am glad that this happened. It will certainly shut down all the ridiculous Pakistani posts about getting hold of Russian weapons. Russia isn't going to sell anything with real punch to Pakistan anytime soon, and yes that includes the "mighty" SU-35.

As for counters, MIRV tech is being worked on. There also plenty of options for Pakistan to procure excellent SAM systems. I'd say the Aster 30, mentioned by @Blue Marlin makes perfect sense. It is an excellent system and the PAF already operates the Spada.
Aster 30 which version if its block 2, then do you realized the cost of the system. And Question is why aster 30 -- to counter S-400 which is wrong -- SAM against SAM or to increase air defense of Pakistan, then why S-400 is been discussed. I answered @Blue Marlin the same in my earlier post, And for MIRV why you need MIRV when S-400 is not able to counter single warhead long range BM.

what??? can you prove me the red colored part??
Well S-400 all capabilities depending on what version India is buying as there are many versions.
Yes the fire control radar can detect anything that flies, but as you may be aware there is a difference between detecting a target and tracking it.
S-400 cannot hit anything which is flying above Mach 6.

in reality there current SAM network was enough to give the PAF serious headaches, now this makes things much worse, not sure how exactly they can be countered other then asking the russians to sell pakistan the same systems.

Aster 30 which version if its block 2, then do you realized the cost of the system. And Question is why aster 30 -- to counter S-400 which is wrong -- SAM against SAM or to increase air defense of Pakistan, then why S-400 is been discussed. I answered @Blue Marlin the same in my earlier post, And for MIRV why you need MIRV when S-400 is not able to counter single warhead long range BM.

Yes I have realised the cost. But the need is essential, as Pakistan is looking for a long range SAM system. I thought the S-400 could engage ballistic missiles?

Some Indian friends behave as if S 400 is the ultimate solution to the wars of the world.As if the possibility of wars will end now in the world.When stealth tech came,initially there was so much hoopla about it now radar tech has kept up with the stealth tech advancement and now stealth can also be detected.
I suggest everyone to stay calm,an appropriate response will come.By the way China also bought S400.It would be reverse engineered soon and guess what we can have it for peanuts.

Janab check my earlier posts and this post
Possible Russian S-400 sale to India and Pakistan's Response. | Page 2

I have been neutral from the start. Only valid and best answer here is NASR with extended range say 150 KM is the best answer to this quest. Other than that I recomended some options on the link provided above taking consideration of indo-pak scenario in mind.

So don't say like only time will tell. If you have something shoot right over.

You seem to miss my point, the aster is not made to counter the s400 but to compete against it and work against indian incursions via jet, srbm's cruise missile. sam's are defensive systems not offensive.

you previous post was quiet strange, i admit, my post my seem strange but i assume your keyboard is fine but my keys are sticky.( just brought a new keyboard now)

In my opinion, some of the counter-measures could be to:
1. Accelerate development of MIRVed ballistic missile system with at least 3 RVs.
2. Develop decoys & counter measures for RVs for missiles in development (Shaheen-IA, Shaheen-III).
3. Develop MaRVs for existing systems (Shaheen-IA, Shaheen-II, Shaheen-III).
4. Develop very low-observable (stealthier) versions of existing Babur & Ra'ad cruise missiles.
5. Produce more conventional ballistic & cruise missiles.
6. Buy J-31 for PAF to deploy in SEAD ops against S-400 batteries.
7. Acquire AEW&C based potent jamming capability.
8. Buy land-based CX-1 cruise missile for supersonic capability.
9. Research & develop ADM-160 MALD -like decoy missiles.

It will happen soon InshaAllah if @Ifrit instead of giving his 22 hrs to pdf spend some time on research on defence and not on rape :enjoy:

Couldn't have said it any better. by the way i edited my post about the aster 30 its got a very interesting video that i think you may like.
@zebra7 you may like it too.

upon adopting a single system you can't claim air superiority or no fly zone their are lot of counter measures available to neutralize the threat.

Yes, you are right. S-400 will only guarantee protection against Pakistani combat aircrafts carrying nukes. BMD will take care of the missile threat. All in good time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom