What's new

Possible Russian S-400 sale to India and Pakistan's Response.

Yes, you are right. S-400 will only guarantee protection against Pakistani combat aircrafts carrying nukes. BMD will take care of the missile threat. All in good time.
garantee lets see how they handle MaRV and MiRV + Babur and Ra'ad.

garantee lets see how they handle MaRV and MiRV + Babur and Ra'ad.

The problem with handling MiRV is limited to long distance exchanges. Russia/US are in a situation vis-a-vis each other wherein any missile launched from the other's territory cannot be intercepted before reentry, unless the defence system is close enough. American deployment of Patriot missiles in Europe was as much for European protection as for intercepting Russian launches early enough. Pakistan, however, is not in the same position. The maximum distance that it can launch its missiles from is around 1,000 km. Any BMD shield will obviously be calibrated to this scenario. The only realistic option for Pakistan would be to invade Iran and annex it, so that it can launch missiles from farther away.

The problem with handling MiRV is limited to long distance exchanges. Russia/US are in a situation vis-a-vis each other wherein any missile launched from the other's territory cannot be intercepted before reentry, unless the defence system is close enough. American deployment of Patriot missiles in Europe was as much for European protection as for intercepting Russian launches early enough. Pakistan, however, is not in the same position. The maximum distance that it can launch its missiles from is around 1,000 km. Any BMD shield will obviously be calibrated to this scenario. The only realistic option for Pakistan would be to invade Iran and annex it, so that it can launch missiles from farther away.
Bro what about depressed trajactory and even 3500 km misslie fire on 80 digrees

Possible Russian S-400 sale to India and Pakistan's Response

India seals Rs 70,000 cr missile deal with Russia

S400s isn't a pakistan specific purchase..The Indian planners would have gone for s400 of even s 500 when the Russians asked india for Co development if they thought that Pakistan was a threat. This is just capability enhancement and more purchases will follow.

of courese this is a good sam
in order to destroy sam u need some very hyper sonic missile or infiltrate the country to destroy them
the best response is to buy good defense system and developed 200 km range mach 6 missile
although nasr has 60 km range at mach 5 but we can improve this range till india gets s400

By the way China also bought S400.It would be reverse engineered soon and guess what we can have it for peanuts.
Oh really? Russia will sit back and allow one of its most cutting edge systems be reversed engineered (IPR infringement) AND sold to a third party with no royalties going to them? Delusions of the highest order.

upon adopting a single system you can't claim air superiority or no fly zone their are lot of counter measures available to neutralize the threat.

No need for superiorty. S400 I believe are for protection of Indian population centres and not for war scenarios.

This is probably going to start another arms race. S400 is a force multiplier, i am pretty sure Pakistan is already looking to buy its own Strategic SAM. Remember talks on HQ-9b ? Like the Mrca , we were waiting for India to buy them long range SAM systems first. There are plenty of other options on the table aswell, we already operate MBDA spaada 2000, so MBDA Aster 30 will also be a natural contender.

What about RAW's terrorism into Baluchistan, KPK and Karachi, and one day, Pakistan getting super pissed as the Indian trained terrorists kill Pakistani children and civilians mercilessly, and Pakistan retaliating in some fashion????

You didn't provide a 3rd case. Which was the more realistic one in today's environment.

And what are the proof? Even India havent got proofs except for one dossier. And that's it. CIA, MI6, Russian agencies have no proofs of ur claims even though they have significant assets in Afghanistan. Only Pakistan to hide its failires are blaming India.

Come on mate dont get too offensive. We dont take pride in a retired Carrier but in a refitted Carrier with all modern amenities. What have you got?
my apologies if i had been offensive :cheers:

MIRV is not something Pakistan will go for. We already have MREV which Is beyond the capacity of Indian AAD and PAD, that's why India is going for Russian S-400.
MREV is something Pakistan will look into and improve MARV.
Thing about any missile defense system is that buying and deploying them is expensive, but for the enemy taking measures to Dodge them are far less complicated and cheaper

Bro what about depressed trajactory and even 3500 km misslie fire on 80 digrees

More variables involved in reaction time than just trajectory. Obviously the best option to intercept a missile with MiRV would be midcourse, which is where Indian defence will gain a crucial advantage due to proximity. Only an expert on these matters will be able to say that depressed trajectory launch will put something out of range before safe interception is possible. And even then, that could just be with current systems. Israel and the US are still working overtime on their missile defence, and so is India.

I think a better study of options available is required. The Green Pine Radar has an operational range of 500 km so in any case it can at best be an intermediate fix for India. In the long term, maybe systems like THAAD will provide the answer. Already, THAAD can do the job at ranges over 200 km, but further evolution is required to meet Indian requirements. I think the Israelis are the best bet for India, as their missile defence requirements will be identical to that of India, especially post-Iran deal.

I think based on currently deployed systems, MiRV may provide an option, but the next generation of missile defence systems are being developed specifically with that in mind. Mind you, once midcourse phase interception is credible, the emphasis will shift back to further enhancing countermeasures (decoys, electronic jamming) to defeat the interceptors. The real threat in the long-term is that countermeasures will be able to defeat missile shields, which is always a possibility.

Dont go in denial mode. Hosting of Baloch terrorists on your soil made everything clear. Then the shenanigans of TSD revealed in supreme court hearings were extra toppings.

Which UN proscribed terrorist is hosted here, pls name him otherwise shut up.

TSD had an anti terrorism mandate within the MI perview. I have no doubt you consider anti terrorism as terrorism because you are a pakistani, but to everyone else it proves shyte.

All the points I raised are valid, all your conjecture is not. Deal with it.

Which UN proscribed terrorist is hosted here, pls name him otherwise shut up.

TSD had an anti terrorism mandate within the MI perview. I have no doubt you consider anti terrorism as terrorism because you are a pakistani, but to everyone else it proves shyte.

All the points I raised are valid, all your conjecture is not. Deal with it.

Retards and autistic sufferers will continue to remain in denial. By all means continue to remain in the 90 percent idiot Population of India.

Thing about any missile defense system is that buying and deploying them is expensive, but for the enemy taking measures to Dodge them are far less complicated and cheaper

True. As of today, missile defence isn't all that credible a deterrent. Too many uncovered bases - from the sheer variety of delivery platforms to their speed, countermeasures and the prospect of mass attacks. So I cannot stick my neck out and say decisively that even in future India will be able to develop a comprehensive counter to Pakistani missiles. But we have one big thing going for us - all the major players in the market will be very willing to work with India on the missile defence program, i.e. US, Israel, France and Russia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom