What's new

Possible Indian Special Weapons Storage Facilities

Note for Indian Members

1. This article does not threatens India's national security. The Intelligence Agencies of both countries have conducted far better researches against each other. This data is publicly available, and a person who is smart enough to dig up this thread can also locate them himself.

2. You are more than welcome for researching on similar Pakistani facilities. I tried my best, but they look all the same and there is no definite way of telling. Just google it, you will find many .kmz files related to Pakistan's possible facilities.

@ Moderators
Kindly do not merge this thread with Sir Imran's thread on Indian Nuclear and Missile Storage Sites. My approach and purpose is different. And of course I want my posts on the first page :partay:

is any air base leftout???

@Oscar @nuclearpak @Aeronaut @WebMaster

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.

I can't see any logical reason behind exposing some of India's most sensitive military installations on an open forum like this. Yes these images are available on Google Earth but pasting the exact locations, illustrating the maps with details of security and entrances and then speculating on the purpose of the military locations is just a big no-no.

Curiosity is one thing but given the attacks in Pakistan on such bases this is just an invitation to disaster IMHO, what purpose is there behind this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't see any logical reason behind exposing some of India's most sensitive military installations on an open forum like this. Yes these images are available on Google Earth but pasting the exact locations, illustrating the maps with details of security and entrances and then speculating on the purpose of the military locations is just a big no-no.

Curiosity is one thing but given the attacks in Pakistan on such bases this is just an invitation to disaster IMHO, what purpose is there behind this thread?

I dont see too much of an issue Abi.. google earth is open to all and leaves pretty much everyone exposed.. Whether the thread is open on India and Pakistan.. terrorists are smart enough to have done the homework beforehand.

@Abingdonboy; I would not worry too much if I were you. None of these places are somewhere where a rag-tag bunch can access. Apart from that, are they even what the thread assumes them to be? ;)

Pakistan never had an attack on "such" bases. What the media reports about 30 years old events or explosions besides buses passing outside is another thing.
Furthermore, I can confidently say that security of Indian facilities is much more stronger than Pakistani ones.

It is simply open source knowledge, just like Hans M. Kristensen's reports about Pakistani nuclear and missile facilities or IMINT & Analysis's GE bookmarks about worldwide SAM sites.

Latest imagery suggests that the construction of special storage facilities at Suratgarh AFS is now complete and the facilities appear to be functional. Note the additional 2-Layered perimeter walls, watchtowers and the Hardened Shelters (not intended for aircrafts) with blast doors at both sides.

suratgarh.jpg

More Hardened Shelters (in pairs) similar to the ones shown above are under construction at Jodhpur airbase (near completion) and Adampur airbase. Suspected similar facilities are also in the initial phase of construction at Gwalior, Gorakhpur and Barielly.

The interesting part is the historical imagery, specifically of the ones at Jodhpur Airbase. It appears that after the initial clearing of construction area, a camouflage tent was deployed over the construction site till the Hardened Shelter's roof was ready, thereby concealing all underground construction. Similar protocol was followed at all other sites. This shows how sensitive the mentioned facilities are (strengthening the idea of the presence of special weapons) and also disproves claims that these facilities are conventional storages.

At Jodhpur Airbase:

1st Oct, 2010:
ax9o.png

23rd Sep, 2011:
zy54.png

14th Oct, 2012:
lhtx.png

13th Jan, 2013:
99hf.png

what the fcuk u all Pakistanis can do even after knowing this info. You don't have even the guts and resources to pull out an attack against any of the bases. You can see the photos but you can do shit about it. Yours are not even safe from TTP so post as much as you can and share these pics as much as you can. Show these two your Wazir-e-Aazam but he can't do shit abt it.

what the fcuk u all Pakistanis can do even after knowing this info. You don't have even the guts and resources to pull out an attack against any of the bases. You can see the photos but you can do shit about it. Yours are not even safe from TTP so post as much as you can and share these pics as much as you can. Show these two your Wazir-e-Aazam but he can't do shit abt it.
---
if they know 10 % of idnian site..
india with its own satellites think how much it will know...?

Weapons Storage Facilities at Air Force Bases

These storage facilities have similar security measures i.e. multiple perimeter fences and watchtowers with several Bomb-Fallout Shelters inside. They may majorly store Munitions and Missiles of the Aircrafts of IAF, however the possibility of them storing other high-value assets such as Baliistic Missiles (Agni and Prithvi series) cannot be ruled out.
Some of the facilities are displayed below as examples. For the rest, coordinates have been listed.

1. Bhisiana Air Force Base

70603297.jpg

Coordinates: 30 15 18.69N, 74 45 57.58E

2. Jamnagar Air Force Base

18265113.jpg

Coordinates: 22 27 52.71N, 69 59 33.41E

3. Kalaikunda Air Force Base

24750693.jpg

Coordinates: 22 20 04.95N, 87 12 26.97E

4. Pathankot Air Force Base

19741552.jpg

Coordinates: 32 14 10.23N, 75 37 21.74E

5. Sirsa Air Force Base

84644018.jpg

Coordinates: 29 34 30.09N, 75 00 49.19E

6. Suratgarh Air Force Base

59781088.jpg

Coordinates: 29 24 18.78N, 73 54 47.35E

7. Tezpur Air Force Base

25719192.jpg

Coordinates: 26 42 13.06N, 92 46 24.48E

8. Utterlai Air Force Base

46195276.jpg

Coordinates: 25 47 37.85N, 71 28 51.32E

Coordinates for similar facilities:

09. Bareily AFB: 28 25 42.91N, 79 26 47.61E
10. Chandigarh AFB: 30 39 49.93N, 76 48 01.72E
11. Gwalior AFB: 26 18 29.40N, 78 13 26.81E
12. Halwara AFB: 30 43 57.54N, 75 39 02.81E
13. Halwara AFB: 30 43 58.88N, 75 38 11.40E
14. Halwara AFB: 30 45 02.40N, 75 38 39.70E
15. Jaisalmer AFB: 26 53 28.78N, 70 51 11.56E
16. Nal/Bikaner AFB: 28 04 21.24N, 73 11 29.09E
17. Pathankot AFB: 32 13 07.99N, 75 37 36.78E
18. Pune AFB: 18 34 39.35N, 73 56 32.04E
19. Tezpur AFB: 26 42 35.08N, 92 47 53.50E

None of them are nuclear sites just ammo depo's . they don't store nukes IN above ground standing structures to avoid loosing them just in case of a nuclear strike( AND NO ONE STORES A NUKE RIGHT BESIDE THE OUTER PERIMETER OF THE BASE) . they are mostly mobile solid fuel RBM's without a war hear stored in connecting tunnels and the actual warheads are stored in underground facilities.

This one really got pissed off man ....@The Deterrent ...You almost scared him to death :D

Indians dont reveal anything. Its our business to make it harder for them to locate and find. Keep our discussions focused on other threads. This informations plays no relevance to anything about defence weapons and their uses. Why should anyone point out where our storage is? For what purpose does it serve? Think about that?

Note for Indian Members

1. This article does not threatens India's national security. The Intelligence Agencies of both countries have conducted far better researches against each other. This data is publicly available, and a person who is smart enough to dig up this thread can also locate them himself.

2. You are more than welcome for researching on similar Pakistani facilities. I tried my best, but they look all the same and there is no definite way of telling. Just google it, you will find many .kmz files related to Pakistan's possible facilities.

@ Moderators
Kindly do not merge this thread with Sir Imran's thread on Indian Nuclear and Missile Storage Sites. My approach and purpose is different. And of course I want my posts on the first page :partay:
Well if these are so open and cler what if a terrorist strike takes in one of these spots

the place where i am from also has a Air-force base, small one compared to the others mentioned here. it is well guarded with two layered security, 15 feet walls, watch towers, heavy machine guns. I don't think it holds any strategic weapons. All the defence facilities are well guarded and the defense locs mentioned by op are less likely to be equipped with nukes and other strategic arms.

Why would you reveal anything?

Back
Top Bottom