What's new

Possible Indian Special Weapons Storage Facilities

one site i had suspicion is blurred in google. Surronding areas r clearly visible, except that area of approx 200 sq.m

I have found very interesting location long time ago, its look similar like Sargodha weapon depot.

This facility is near the city Barmer , Rajasthan.

25°44'33.06"N
71°15'52.71"E

AhaseebA ,for you i have one .kmz file ,once i have created , dnt know how to send it to you.

circular things are in fact AAA deployment pads. one can found these every where in airfields, weapon storage depot etc.

Thanks a lot for sharing the information. It is similar to Sargodha's facility, but only smaller.

You can upload the .kmz file on a public sharing website, or you can post the coordinates of those facilities (the special storage ones).

Good Job AHseeBa,But you have to understand not all airbases will be Equipped with Nuclear weapons,and only Some of Mirages in IAF are given this specific role,Drop bombs are delivery mechanism..and I Doubt they would be any of those forward airbases !! Just my opinion

Thanks.
I never said that ALL air bases are possibly equipped with Nuclear Weapons. If you re-read the article again, only the first 7 bases have been identified as possible special weapons storages.

lol you guys no nothing carry on

Nice way of satisfying yourself, however if you have any solid reason to refute the claims, do share with us.

Before uttering crap why don't you go and check? They are there in SW Bhutan where they have the cement plants. IA has also set up a fruit juice plant there. All these provide good cover to the sinster designs of Indian authorities.

You gotta be right dude!!!!!!!!
Nothing really beats a Fruit juice laced with Chemical and Biological agents. :rofl: Sweet DEATH!
BTW, never ever drink a "DRUK" branded Fruit Juice (that is what is made in that plant). You might start glowing Green and sprout Horns on your head! :P

Here special weapons seem to cover only nukes. However, India has a huge stockpile of Chemical and Biological weapons. These are manufactured and stored in Bhutan, a vessel state, which has not signed any bans.

How old r u dear ???????

5. Suratgarh Air Force Base

There are 2 similar storage facilities under-construction at this IAF base as of 2009, propbably for future deployments of Su-30MKIs.

scaled.php

Coordinates: 29 22 32.13N, 73 53 28.02E

Latest imagery suggests that the construction of special storage facilities at Suratgarh AFS is now complete and the facilities appear to be functional. Note the additional 2-Layered perimeter walls, watchtowers and the Hardened Shelters (not intended for aircrafts) with blast doors at both sides.

suratgarh.jpg

UPDATE:

1. Ozar Tunnel Complex

Located near Nashik, Maharashtra, there is a military facility which appears to be sensitive assets storage because of the huge amount of security measures in place. It is spread on a circular area with an inner secured area built around a 60 meters high hill housing a tunnel complex. The complex appears to have two entrances. Apart from the outer two-layered security perimeter, the tunnel complex has additional perimeter walls and security posts.
The facility also has a large helipad, for rapid movement of assets.

ozar1.jpg

ozar2.jpg

ozar3.jpg

ozar4.jpg

Coordinates: 20 06 31.32N, 73 52 49.94E

2. Panagarh Military Base

Panagarh (West Bengal) has a large military army base of the Eastern command. The base has several storage areas including a vehicle depot, ammunition depot and a bomb-fallout protected shelters area. Besides these, it appears to house 3 specially built hardened bunkers with rail tracks leading into them. The entrances of the bunkers are covered by blast doors. Thus, these bunkers can be assumed to possibly house Rail-mobile nuclear missiles, such as Agni-II/III.

panagarh1.jpg

panagarh2.jpg

panagarh3.jpg

Coordinates: 23 22 37.15N, 87 31 44.55E

3. Jalandhar Possible Missile Storage

This storage area at Jalandhar (Punjab) is widely rumored to be a former Prithvi missile storage for the 333rd Artillery Group (later moved to Secunderabad). The facility is secured by standard layered perimeter security. There are several fallout-protected shelters inside, of which 3 appear to be more hardened and protected against both internal and external threats. The facility is also provided with a platform for Rail-transport of assets.

jalandhar1.jpg

jalandhar2.jpg

jalandhar3.jpg

Coordinates: 31 22 37.12N, 75 31 37.63E

4. Barmer Weapons Storage Facility
Courtesy: @jehangirhaider

Present at Rajasthan, this facility is surrounded by rocky hills, which provide some cover from aerial/artillery attacks. The facility holds dozens of camouflaged bomb-fallout protected shelters. Given the close proximity of the site with the Pakistani border (60 km), it can be assumed that it would provide ordnance to the IBGs and Artillery groups in case of a conflict.
Interestingly, the facility is also provided with a survivable and secured air-transport (helicopter-based) and possibly a Gunship base nearby (16 km due west), with Hardened Aircraft Shelters and fallout-protected areas for Helicopters.

barmer1.jpg

barmer2.jpg

barmer3.jpg

Coordinates: 25 44 46.27N, 71 15 36.01E

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

1. Ozar Tunnel Complex

Located near Nashik, Maharashtra, there is a military facility which appears to be sensitive assets storage because of the huge amount of security measures in place. It is spread on a circular area with an inner secured area built around a 60 meters high hill housing a tunnel complex. The complex appears to have two entrances. Apart from the outer two-layered security perimeter, the tunnel complex has additional perimeter walls and security posts.
The facility also has a large helipad, for rapid movement of assets.

ozar1.jpg

ozar2.jpg

ozar3.jpg

ozar4.jpg

Coordinates: 20 06 31.32N, 73 52 49.94E

2. Panagarh Military Base

Panagarh (West Bengal) has a large military army base of the Eastern command. The base has several storage areas including a vehicle depot, ammunition depot and a bomb-fallout protected shelters area. Besides these, it appears to house 3 specially built hardened bunkers with rail tracks leading into them. The entrances of the bunkers are covered by blast doors. Thus, these bunkers can be assumed to possibly house Rail-mobile nuclear missiles, such as Agni-II/III.

panagarh1.jpg

panagarh2.jpg

panagarh3.jpg

Coordinates: 23 22 37.15N, 87 31 44.55E
i think u r 100% right about panagarh..something's have been cooking here for the past 5-6yrs..specially after declaring that "the mountain strike corps" against china to be headquatered here and after agni-5's test, i remember ToI or anandabazar patrika ( a bengali daily,i exactly forgot which one) saying that " this missile,even if launched far away from the chinese border
for eg. panagarh,can reach even the far north of china)

i think u r 100% right about panagarh..something's have been cooking here for the past 5-6yrs..specially after declaring that "the mountain strike corps" against china to be headquatered here and after agni-5's test, i remember ToI or anandabazar patrika ( a bengali daily,i exactly forgot which one) saying that " this missile,even if launched far away from the chinese border
for eg. panagarh,can reach even the far north of china)

The direct rail links are what aroused suspicion. Actually I had previously bookmarked the storage area east of the bunkers, but while compiling up images stumbled upon the peculiar nature of these structures.

One thing that has caught my eye again is the water hole next to almost every missile shelter, they are present with Pakistani missile shelters as well...do they serve any specific purpose?

One thing that has caught my eye again is the water hole next to almost every missile shelter, they are present with Pakistani missile shelters as well...do they serve any specific purpose?

Yeah I got information on them too, thanks for reminding.

Actually all these holes (somewhere square-shaped) are water reservoirs, storing thousands of gallons of water. They are for the purpose of immediate fire extinguishing, in case of an accident which might cause disastrous damage. To avoid the lag of transport, these reservoirs are built right next to the storage area so fire-extingushing trucks/water cannons can easily obtain water from these nearby sources.

Yeah I got information on them too, thanks for reminding.

Actually all these holes (somewhere square-shaped) are water reservoirs, storing thousands of gallons of water. They are for the purpose of immediate fire extinguishing, in case of an accident which might cause disastrous damage. To avoid the lag of transport, these reservoirs are built right next to the storage area so fire-extingushing trucks/water cannons can easily obtain water from these nearby sources.

This was also my first thought, but it seemed a bit too simple and crude!!!:P

Sometimes simple is effective!

Before uttering crap why don't you go and check? They are there in SW Bhutan where they have the cement plants. IA has also set up a fruit juice plant there. All these provide good cover to the sinster designs of Indian authorities.

oranges are in central south of Bhutan, in Chirang, why will they put a fruit juice plant in South West? Nonsense!!

Back
Top Bottom