What's new

Possible Indian Special Weapons Storage Facilities

what the fcuk u all Pakistanis can do even after knowing this info. You don't have even the guts and resources to pull out an attack against any of the bases. You can see the photos but you can do shit about it. Yours are not even safe from TTP so post as much as you can and share these pics as much as you can. Show these two your Wazir-e-Aazam but he can't do shit abt it.
Well I guess that is right, we don't need a hysteric reaction to understand that none of us is in a state of declared war.

None of them are nuclear sites just ammo depo's . they don't store nukes IN above ground standing structures to avoid loosing them just in case of a nuclear strike( AND NO ONE STORES A NUKE RIGHT BESIDE THE OUTER PERIMETER OF THE BASE) . they are mostly mobile solid fuel RBM's without a war hear stored in connecting tunnels and the actual warheads are stored in underground facilities.
Please try to remain calm while reading posts like these. Here is the part of the post that you quoted:

"These storage facilities have similar security measures i.e. multiple perimeter fences and watchtowers with several Bomb-Fallout Shelters inside. They may majorly store Munitions and Missiles of the Aircrafts of IAF, however the possibility of them storing other high-value assets such as Baliistic Missiles (Agni and Prithvi series) cannot be ruled out."

That was what you were saying, no?

Indians dont reveal anything. Its our business to make it harder for them to locate and find. Keep our discussions focused on other threads. This informations plays no relevance to anything about defence weapons and their uses. Why should anyone point out where our storage is? For what purpose does it serve? Think about that?

Your countrymen have made much more detailed insights about Pakistani facilities a while back on forums like BR. I'm just inspired by that work, thats it.

Oh and it is very, very relevant to defence. Try being optimistic, look how heavily secured they are.

the place where i am from also has a Air-force base, small one compared to the others mentioned here. it is well guarded with two layered security, 15 feet walls, watch towers, heavy machine guns. I don't think it holds any strategic weapons. All the defence facilities are well guarded and the defense locs mentioned by op are less likely to be equipped with nukes and other strategic arms.
I totally agree with you.
However, you managed to miss some other factors which led to the conclusions mentioned in the article. Factors like all these additional measures of security while being already inside an Air-Force Base, hardened aircraft shelters with exits way too small for any aircraft, strategically located & built tunnels..

Well if these are so open and cler what if a terrorist strike takes in one of these spots
Negative, they are open only to satellite imagery, not to anyone else. And they are definitely not clear, any intruder (or group of intruders) will be shot dead in the no-man's lands around these facilities. These facilities seem to be as secure as it gets.

Last edited:
@The Deterrent sir could you post the pics again
I don't have them anymore, however I can post them again and summarize them so you can look them up yourself.
They can be divided into 4 major categories:
1. Air Force's Hardened Storage Shelters
2. Army's Hardened Storage Facilities
3. Navy's onshore Storage Facilities
4. Temporary Storage at Production Facilities

1. Air Force's Hardened Storage Shelters
2 of these shelters are present at atleast 10 Indian Air Force Stations each; 6 of which are near Pakistan's border (Adampur, Halwara, Bhisiana, Suratgarh, Nal-Bikaner, Jodhpur); 3 are in the central command (Bareilly, Gwalior, Gorakhpur) and 1 is in the north-east (Kalaikunda - which I believe is not operational). All of them are nearly identical; double-walled with extra watch towers. The entrances are too small for any aircraft to get in, so there is only one obvious conclusion. Historical imagery of a couple of these reveals an underground 5x5m vault. I believe these shelters serve the purpose of temporary storage in case of a potential nuclear war.

AFBsmall01.PNG

At Suratgarh Air Force Station

AFBsmall02.PNG

At Nal-Bikaner Air Force Station

Additionally, IAF is constructing other pairs of externally larger and much more hardened (multiple-layered) shelters, at more or less the same Air Force Stations (Jamnagar is a new addition). Historical imagery suggests that the internal area of these shelters is almost the same as the above ones. The effort being spent on the hardening of these shelters suggests a more permanent storage in the future.

AFBsmall03.PNG

At Jodhpur Air Force Station

AFBsmall04.PNG

At Jamnagar Air Force Station

2. Army's Hardened Storage Facilities
Till now, two of the Army's possible special storage facilities have been identified; the Jodhpur Tunnel Complex and the Panagarh Storage Facility.

The Jodhpur Tunnel Complex has up to 25 tunnels, dug into almost 100ft high hills. The tunnels entrances are covered with
camouflage nets. There are multiple maintenance/assembly halls present in between the tunnels. Additionally, The facility is provided with a small transport airbase, with capability to rapidly transport large quantities of sensitive assets.

Jodhpur01.PNG

Jodhpur Tunnel Complex (note: the photo has been rotated 90 degrees clockwise)

Jodhpur02.PNG

Close-up of Jodhpur Tunnel Complex (note: the photo has been rotated 90 degrees clockwise)

The Panagarh Storage Facility might house the rail-mobile Agni series missiles. Presence of hardened shelters with rail exits connecting to a probable temporary railway shelter indicate high-value asset storage.

Panagarh02.PNG

Panagarh Storage Facility (note: the photo has been rotated 90 degrees clockwise)

Panagarh01.PNG

Close-up of Panagarh Storage Facility

3. Navy's onshore Storage Facilities

These are the most recent addition to the list. Located at Karwar, Rambilli and Visakhapatnam, these storage shelters are built into hill-sides. Some of them are still under-construction. Their proximity with Indian Naval Bases (Karwar & Visakhapatnam) suggests asset storage for present and upcoming SSBNs.

Karwar.PNG

Karwar Storage Facility (note: the photo has been rotated 90 degrees clockwise)

Rambilli.PNG

Rambilli Storage Facility (note: the photo has been rotated 90 degrees clockwise)

Visakha.PNG
Visakhapatnam Storage Facility (note: the photo has been rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise)

4. Temporary Storage at Production Facilities
Both Chandigarh and Ojhar have production facilities related to special weapons. They have similar high-profile security and hardened storages.

Chandigarh.PNG

Chandigarh Storage Facility (note that the entire area above is already inside a double-walled general area)

Ojhar.PNG

Ojhar Production Facility

Ojhar2.PNG

Ojhar Storage Facility

Ojhar3.PNG

Ojhar Storage Facility (tunneled)

Ojhar4.PNG

One of the six secured storage facilities

Hope this suffices.

Back
Top Bottom