What's new

Pope calls Pakistan church attack act of hate, war

So you say. But you are in a minority in Pakistan. Right? The majority of your countrymen support the jihadis, albeit quietly. Isn't that the problem? Not the "Army general/PM/politician"'s, but the common man in the street in Pakistan are the problem.

That is not true... Majority of Pakistanis just want this "war" to end...

That is not true... Majority of Pakistanis just want this "war" to end...

But the killing of Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, Ahmadis, and even Shiites, is not reason enough to shut down the Sunni groups that are waging the "war". Right? Otherwise, your army would do it.

After all, these groups are necessary for strategic depth against India. THAT is the priority. Right!!! ?

So you say. But you are in a minority in Pakistan. Right? The majority of your countrymen support the jihadis, albeit quietly. Isn't that the problem? Not the "Army general/PM/politician"'s, but the common man in the street in Pakistan are the problem.

Well, close to 20 million Pakistani citizens support Al Queda as per a recent PEW poll.. Also close to 80 million refused to share their views on whether they support Al Queda or not, hence a large part of that 80 million (lets assume half) would also be closet supporters of Al Queda. With over 60 million Al Queda supporters in Pakistan, the Army/Politicians will surely find it tough to move against them

How many times have you seen me use the word "extremely" when on such topics? I don't think I've ever done so before.
Sorry, I didn't realize you used "extremely" to denote emotional upset. Please excuse me, I realize the same word can have different connotations in different cultures, even those that use the same language.

But the killing of Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, Ahmadis, and even Shiites, is not reason enough to shut down the Sunni groups that are waging the "war". Right? Otherwise, your army would do it.

After all, these groups are necessary for strategic depth against India. THAT is the priority. Right!!! ?

None of the terrorist groups do much against India...

And it's not that a part of Pakistan supports terrorist groups. They are just torn between alleigance to Islam or their nation..

Therefore we must educate them and also let them know that Islam IS Pakistan.

Pakistan Christian Congress strongly condemn Peshawar Church attack

Karachi: September 22, 2013. (PCP) The Central Executive Council of Pakistan Christian Congress PCC has strongly condemned suicide attack on worshipers of Kohati Gate Peshawar.

Two suicide bombers attacked a century old Church in old city of Peshawar in Kohati Gate killing 63 and injuring more than hundred when about 400 Christian worshipers were offering Sunday prayers.

According to sources close to PCP, the doctors in Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar not attended Christian injured of Church blast on fear of Talaban who declare Christian to be infidels. Up to one hour after Christian injured were brought to Lady Reading Hospital, none of any doctor was present in emergency nor KPK government declare any medical emergency in Hospital.

PCC Chief Dr. Nazir S Bhatti said that Christian not feel them safe in Pakistan after right wing Pakistan Muslim League PML (N) government in Pakistan and Imran Khan,s party in KPK province.

Pakistan Christian Post

Sorry, I didn't realize you used "extremely" to denote emotional upset. Please excuse me, I realize the same word can have different connotations in different cultures, even those that use the same language.

I think you know that several of my relatives are Christians right? Though the rest are mostly Buddhist/Atheist.

Any event with mass casualties will always bother me because I'm a human being, that's how it works.

You are a citizen of America (and a Jewish one if I remember correctly), your country has the most ability to influence foreign policies in their region, by far. Look at the military occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, and the US alliance with most of the other major countries in the region.

Both America and Israel have FAR more power/influence projection into the Middle Eastern region than we have.

I have little ability to influence the outcome of American politics, or even in Chinese politics for that matter, besides my vote in the HK elections.

So the question is, how much does it bother you?

Well, close to 20 million Pakistani citizens support Al Queda as per a recent PEW poll.. Also close to 80 million refused to share their views on whether they support Al Queda or not, hence a large part of that 80 million (lets assume half) would also be closet supporters of Al Queda. With over 60 million Al Queda supporters in Pakistan, the Army/Politicians will surely find it tough to move against them

Take PEW polls with a pinch of salt.
Heck take any Pakistani poll lightly

And it's not that a part of Pakistan supports terrorist groups. They are just torn between alleigance to Islam or their nation..

So, there you have it. "Allegiance" to Islam equals tolerating the wanton killing of non-Muslims. I think you have stated clearly why Islam is justifiably feared by non-Muslims. Islam is hardly a religion of peace. You, yourself, understand that this is so. But, you hope that someone's "education" can change this. Good luck.

It seems after door showing to once formidable Hindu population its Christians are next on the list. Even pope can not help them.

Pope is absolutely right. After Karachi operation we will see the TTP bastards go to hell.

I do not foresee their victory, but I do give precedents for it. The big attacks have had a lull in the storm as the terrorists are only shifting tactics and building allies within the politicos through a mixture of sympathy and fear. They will return soon with another season of killing which(of which this may be the beginning) which may not lead back to the badlands of FATA but rather closer to home in places such as Lahore or Karachi.

Cantonment towns and villages may already be the target of slow infiltration and conversion programs for the terrorist mindset and it is quite likely that a slow process of indoctrinating the foot soldier of the Pakistan Army(when he goes on leave) is in order. This is pure speculation but this is what I would do to defeat the PA.

There is no defeat of this mindset unless it is tackled by using another in the same frequency and battlefield. And that is the "spiritual" one if you may. Otherwise, it is simply a virus that will only go away and mutate to return again. And right now, Pakistan is being infected with a sort of national "HIV" that is leaving the population increasingly vulnerable to it.

P.S.. dispense with the Sir.. makes me feel old. Im not into my thirties yet and it makes my "Sar" ache.

I feel that the schizophrenia of its initial creation will haunt Pakistan for long - the patent absurdity of a creation based on religious identity trying to forge a semi-secular state, while keeping the "unifying" virtues of religion alive. Identity based nation building ultimately has only one way to go - towards a hardline, pure ideological position. Pakistanis are ideologically confused. Many want Islam but in partial dose mixed with secular polity. As a result, they neither have heart for fighting extremists like TTP, nor for flushing the creeping dominance of Islam. It is likely that the contest between an ideologically committed enemy and an ideologically confused and compromised army may ultimately result in a split of the country.

It was an act of heartless terror, Pakistan is at war and the Christians are not the only ones suffering. Looks like Mr Pope does 'selective prayers'.

Why terrorize the powerless?? All your minorities are powerless, so what are these terrorists after?? If they have b@lls then they should fight GHQ??

None of the terrorist groups do much against India...

Therefore we must educate them and also let them know that Islam IS Pakistan.

They are just a byproduct of the Jihad Factory Pakistan tried to create against India. Every strategy has a collateral damage. What you are seeing is for the one that your military followed against India

Dastardly act against a helpless community that is allready a major victim to all the pure evil machinations of the majority.

The climbing number of deaths after the bomb blast show that the medical staff were absent and refused to attend the badly injured - they fear harm from the terrorists, but if thats so, then why become a doctor in the first place?

There's no resting in peace for the victims because they died with the realization of whats in store for the people of their faith they leave behind.

Back
Top Bottom