What's new

Pope calls Pakistan church attack act of hate, war

Because they are a minority that do not agree with these expanding extremist(dare I say it) mini-majority. It doesn't have to be Christians, it will be different sects, then ethnicities , then gender. These are not people who actually have a final goal/finis/enough. Their goals will change so to propagate anarchy, war and death throughout this land(Pakistan) and the lands beyond it for the political and monetary benefits of its controllers and sponsors.
Its main recruits(the foot soldiers) are the ever growing unemployed, bereaved, frustrated populous(which will not be restricted to Pakistan in the future) who want to vent out their misgivings over their perception of being treated unjustly.

You and @Hyperion paint too dire a picture, I don't see these people actually routing the Pakistani Army. They can torture the people of the state but the geographical and political entity that is Pakistan cannot be harmed by them till they can actually defeat the army in pitched battles rather than sneaking in an IED here and there. Nor is Pakistan a soviet union which will collapse just like that, the bogey of India stands ever ready to be used as a binding agent IF ALL ELSE FAILS.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not but as America is a Christian nation leading a War on Islam, many people in Pakistan can easily make an incorrect assumption. Hence, the Christians in Pakistan are treated as toilet cleaners unfortunately (racism I would call it).

If that's so why are Americans support Syrian rebels while knowing that they would destroy Christianity in Syria? If the whole world have this Islamist mentality then the whole world would be a hell and a mental hospital at the same time.

In my opinion regulating what is being taught in Madrases is enough to avoid extremist acts significantly.

You and @Hyperion paint too dire a picture, I don't see these people actually routing the Pakistani Army. They can torture the people of the state but the geographical and political entity that is Pakistan cannot be harmed by them till they can actually defeat the army in pitched battles rather than sneaking in an IED here and there. Nor is Pakistan a soviet union which will collapse just like that, the bogey of India stands ever ready to be used as a binding agent IF ALL ELSE FAILS.

The Indian Bogey is losing its lustre as we speak. It will rise up if certain elements in India that are overtly communal in their message and actions take over. Only then will there be a bogey to look at.

Defeating the Army in pitched political battles is all it takes. Turn the will of the people against the entirety of the Army(what it stands for in totality and not just its rotten parts) and the people will be turning to saviours in the Taliban. One has to see how religion is still a very important part of life for the common Pakistani, and they welcome it through open arms but disagree about it.
They also don't like disagreeing about it but are yet to find common ground.
Now if the common ground is forced on them through a mixture of both fear and glory, they will drink it like a scot at a brewery after a year of abstinence and revel in it. A few(not the "liberals" as they all have their passports and tickets abroad) will protest, fight.. but they will be oppressed or beheaded easily.

The Indian Bogey is losing its lustre as we speak. It will rise up if certain elements in India that are overtly communal in their message and actions take over. Only then will there be a bogey to look at.

Defeating the Army in pitched political battles is all it takes. Turn the will of the people against the entirety of the Army(what it stands for in totality and not just its rotten parts) and the people will be turning to saviours in the Taliban. One has to see how religion is still a very important part of life for the common Pakistani, and they welcome it through open arms but disagree about it.
They also don't like disagreeing about it but are yet to find common ground.
Now if the common ground is forced on them through a mixture of both fear and glory, they will drink it like a scot at a brewery after a year of abstinence and revel in it. A few(not the "liberals" as they all have their passports and tickets abroad) will protest, fight.. but they will be oppressed or beheaded easily.

Sir we are talking about an army that is a behemoth as opposed to these talibs. There must be some caveat here, after all the big attacks like Kamra and GHQ have abated and the TTP has been pushed out of Swat?

How can you foresee their victory?
@Hyperion I see proscribed groups, I don't actually see the people descending in to anarchy and over throwing all semblance of order and going Somalia or Rwanda.

Sir we are talking about an army that is a behemoth as opposed to these talibs. There must be some caveat here, after all the big attacks like Kamra and GHQ have abated and the TTP has been pushed out of Swat?

How can you foresee their victory?

I do not foresee their victory, but I do give precedents for it. The big attacks have had a lull in the storm as the terrorists are only shifting tactics and building allies within the politicos through a mixture of sympathy and fear. They will return soon with another season of killing which(of which this may be the beginning) which may not lead back to the badlands of FATA but rather closer to home in places such as Lahore or Karachi.

Cantonment towns and villages may already be the target of slow infiltration and conversion programs for the terrorist mindset and it is quite likely that a slow process of indoctrinating the foot soldier of the Pakistan Army(when he goes on leave) is in order. This is pure speculation but this is what I would do to defeat the PA.

There is no defeat of this mindset unless it is tackled by using another in the same frequency and battlefield. And that is the "spiritual" one if you may. Otherwise, it is simply a virus that will only go away and mutate to return again. And right now, Pakistan is being infected with a sort of national "HIV" that is leaving the population increasingly vulnerable to it.

P.S.. dispense with the Sir.. makes me feel old. Im not into my thirties yet and it makes my "Sar" ache.

I do not foresee their victory, but I do give precedents for it. The big attacks have had a lull in the storm as the terrorists are only shifting tactics and building allies within the politicos through a mixture of sympathy and fear. They will return soon with another season of killing which(of which this may be the beginning) which may not lead back to the badlands of FATA but rather closer to home in places such as Lahore or Karachi.

Cantonment towns and villages may already be the target of slow infiltration and conversion programs for the terrorist mindset and it is quite likely that a slow process of indoctrinating the foot soldier of the Pakistan Army(when he goes on leave) is in order. This is pure speculation but this is what I would do to defeat the PA.

There is no defeat of this mindset unless it is tackled by using another in the same frequency and battlefield. And that is the "spiritual" one if you may. Otherwise, it is simply a virus that will only go away and mutate to return again. And right now, Pakistan is being infected with a sort of national "HIV" that is leaving the population increasingly vulnerable to it.

P.S.. dispense with the Sir.. makes me feel old. Im not into my thirties yet and it makes my "Sar" ache.

I always thought you were around 50 or something.:frown:

So where do you foresee Pakistan standing 10 years down the line in this regard?

What can Christians expect from the most devoted adherents of the religion of peace? This. So, is "Islamophobia" irrational for Christians? Or, is fear of Islam's most ardent adherents not common sense?

IMHO, Muslims are responsible for their perversions.

There is no defeat of this mindset unless it is tackled by using another in the same frequency and battlefield. And that is the "spiritual" one if you may. Otherwise, it is simply a virus that will only go away and mutate to return again.
What would you do, mandate that Pakistani citizens recite, "There is no democracy except liberal democracy" five times a day in the mosque?

TTP like groups attack Christians in Pakistan... RIP...

Don't know why Indians are gloating over this... Extremist groups and YOUR OWN people (Hindus) kill minorities without any action taken against... Might Muzaffarnagar be a reminder...

Anyways Pakistan is a country that is trapped between extremist parties and their motives... RIP to the people who passed away...

That's just what those who successfully got away with murder want, right? That they did doesn't bother you, does it?

You are a loser.
Of course I'm very angry that they can do terrorist attacks do easily.

But nothing can happen trust me, until Pakistan gets a Army general/PM/politician.with BALLS to take these terrorists down...

All of our generals and politicians are stuck in a stance where they want to attack terrorism but don't want to offend Islamic culture of the tribals... I say... Fudge that... We need a revolution like what happened in Turkey...

That's just what those who successfully got away with murder want, right? That they did doesn't bother you, does it?

Actually it does bother me.

Hence the tone of my post, "extremely unfortunate incident".

How many times have you seen me use the word "extremely" when on such topics? I don't think I've ever done so before.

I am always bothered by such incidents when I read about them. Which I guess is why Newspapers are able to sell more than one copy? Because such news bothers people and gets a reaction from them even after it has happened many times before.

But nothing can happen trust me, until Pakistan gets a Army general/PM/politician.with BALLS to take these terrorists down...

All of our generals and politicians are stuck in a stance where they want to attack terrorism but don't want to offend Islamic culture of the tribals... I say... Fudge that... We need a revolution like what happened in Turkey...

So you say. But you are in a minority in Pakistan. Right? The majority of your countrymen support the jihadis, albeit quietly. Isn't that the problem? Not the "Army general/PM/politician"'s, but the common man in the street in Pakistan are the problem.

Back
Top Bottom