What's new

Poll | Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

• Total voters
I feel there is no need to be ban .. let PEMRA decided to what content is eligible or not ? Remember our some famous actors work in india and they all are well representative of pakistan

plz some one ban these indian contents!! It is giving me an headache:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
These indian BS are everywhere in our channels. Everytime i use to turn on some channel, i use to come across indian contents in each and every channel.

Hate and propaganda should be; perhaps not the movies or dramas, or other similar channels. There's no point - if you want people to stop watching their channels then aim to improve your native entertainment industry.

Hate and propaganda should be; perhaps not the movies or dramas, or other similar channels. There's no point - if you want people to stop watching their channels then aim to improve your native entertainment industry.
Bro you are right! but still you also have to realize that these movies and dramas have destroyed our film and drama industry and not only that they are also damaging our culture and budding minds.
And its really unfair to say that we cant produce good quality dramas/films, just look at past how many great quality movies/dramas we had made and currently we are still making good quality dramas/films but unfortunately they dont get much attention from our public because of the fact that our channels give too much heed to these third class indian dramas/movies.

In my opinion, if you ban all Indian channels and entertainment programs people will find alternate ways to watch them; I mean you can easily watch them on the net. I concur with "Pakistani shaheens" on the point that the true problem is our own greedy channels...if these channels would give equal prime time coverage to our own dramas/TV shows etc people will eventually choose our programs. A positive trend have been seen with recent Lollywood films and people are coming back to cinemas. I also hope and wish that PTV will start producing dramas like Dhuwan, Aplha Bravo Charlie etc

Last edited:
Bro you are right! but still you also have to realize that these movies and dramas have destroyed our film and drama industry and not only that they are also damaging our culture and budding minds.
And its really unfair to say that we cant produce good quality dramas/films, just look at past how many great quality movies/dramas we had made and currently we are still making good quality dramas/films but unfortunately they dont get much attention from our public because of the fact that our channels give too much heed to these third class indian dramas/movies.

Not really. Your movie industry was self destruction by your own government. I heard lot of Pakistanis saying the same in many forums. Coming to your culture, how can Indian movies damage your culture. LOL.

And yes. You cant produce good quality movies in decent numbers in near future. You simply do not have studios or infrastructure, good number of theaters, traditional movie production houses on large scale.

I have no idea about any dramas. The channels show what people demand. They show crap, if you want crap. Its not like Indians invaded Pakistani media. They themselves borrow it from India due to demand in Pakistan.

I am in favor of ban of Indian media in Pakistan. It promotes Anti-Islamic values and have outcompeted Pakistan's own media in cultural influence and popularity in the country. On top of this, Pakistani leadership have done little to reform the nation's film industry and some media outlets which is also a problem.

I am in favor of ban of Indian media in Pakistan. It promotes Anti-Islamic values and have outcompeted Pakistan's own media in cultural influence and popularity in the country. On top of this, Pakistani leadership have done little to reform the nation's film industry and some media outlets which is also a problem.
Seriously, are there any brain dead zombies on your side too, watching all the 'pavitra-rishta' crap.

Only a loser-type person would even consider banning any type of non-propaganda/hate media. There is a thing called "competition". Some people just don't have the stomach to face it, I guess.

Does casting three Pakistani actors change the perception of this movie? The director says its not anti-Pakistan; but unfortunately the history proves it otherwise...

Awaiting approval: 'Baby' is not an anti-Pakistan film, says Indian director
Entertainment Desk
Updated about 6 hours ago

54bfafbcda2ae.jpg

Bollywood action man Akshay Kumar is once again broaching the subject of terrorism in his forthcoming film Baby. However, the film is surrounded by speculation regarding its 'anti-Pakistan' theme just two days before release, reports Hindustan Times.

"Baby is not an anti-Pakistan film. In fact, it has three Pakistani actors who play very important roles. See, some elements in Pakistan can be wrong but a whole nation cannot be wrong. Terrorism has no religion, and we believe that religion and country are two different things," said the film’s director Neeraj Pandey.

When contacted by Dawn, the local distributor of the film said its fate will be decided by the censor board tomorrow (Thursday).

The film stars famed Pakistani TV drama actor Mikaal Zulfiqar as well as Rasheed Naz, who played the villanous cleric in Shoaib Mansoor's Khuda Ke Liye.

Read more: Mikaal Zulfiqar, Rasheed Naz to star in Bollywood film 'Baby'

Pakistan has witnessed a trend of censorship for films deemed 'controversial' by the main censor board of the country. While the Bollywood 'Baby' film is slated for release on January 23, cinemas in Pakistan bear no signs of the film on their website schedules or 'coming soon' tabs.

The board routinely bans films deemed to have 'anti-Pakistan' themes. Most recently, the board banned Haider which recasts the Shakespeare play Hamlet into an Indian counter-insurgency against Kashmiri militants fighting for independence or to join Pakistan.

In the past, the local censor board has also banned Ek Tha Tiger, the Katrina Kaif starrer that featured her in the avatar of an Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agent.

Saif Ali Khan starrer Agent Vinod was also banned for containing various controversial references to the spy agency. At the time, the vice chairman of Pakistan's Film Censor Board, Muhammad Ashraf Gondal had told the Associated Press in an interview: ''It was our judgment that it should not be allowed to be screened."

''It falls under the negative codes of our censor.''

"Agent Vinod is for Indians, but it is not against Pakistanis,'' Saif Ali Khan, the movie's lead actor and co-producer, had said in an interview with the Indo-Asian News Service.

''But I understand if they get upset because we are beating them up quite often in the film.''

Talking about his stunts in the upcoming Baby, Akshay in an interview said, "Neeraj has a thing for logical things, so all my fight sequences are very believable. For my film Holiday last year, I performed stunts that went a little overboard, but keeping Hindi cinema in mind, we had to do them."

Anupam Kher, who plays a pivotal role in the thriller, also praises the quintessential action star: "This is one of Akshay’s best performances so far!"

Talking about the film, producer Bhushan Kumar said, "Baby will be our first action-thriller and it is definitely a unique film. It has an edginess, fast-paced action sequences and has been shot par excellence."

Y don't u ppl stop watching these content....they are there becz u and ur family watch these thing...start banning process at home first....they will automatically go off air... :)

Apparently people here can't read instructions on page 1.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom