What's new

Poll | Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

• Total voters
I remember how everyone in 2017 and 2018 used to chant

Modi ka Jo Yaar Hai !! Ghaddar hai ghaddar hai !!

But then President Alvi started singing bollywood songs and now everyone has forgotten the phase.

Sad but true

During mid 90's to early 2000, there used to be only 2 Pakistani TV channels PTV and STN. They used broad in 2-3 hours in morning and 6-9 hours in the evening.

People used to get cables and used to watch around a dozen different Indian TV channels(Zee, Sony etc) 24/7. Their dramas as cringy as they were, were popular.

Then came Musharaf and he gave more TV licences and 1 by 1 different Pakistani networks started showing. Each network with 1 channel initially and then multiple channels. They started broadcasting 24/7.

With the advent of more Pakistani channels, cable operators stopped showing more Indian channels and people started watching more Pakistani channels.

Currently, in 2020, God knows how many Pakistani networks are there and how many channels are there. Outta 100 channels what we get, around 50/60/70 are Pakistani and rest are international and no Indian channel, hence no Indian dramas.

So, how did Pakistanis stopped watching Indian channels and dramas? Simple answer is that we got our own channels and dramas.

But what about Indian movies? That Pakistanis still watch simply because our film industry did not improve but it is kind of improving a little bit for last few years.

Does every Pakistani watches Indian movies? No. Around half of Pakistanis don't even watch any movies at all if I have to roughly put it. They are mostly into dramas/TV serials.
Now about the other half:
Some only watch Hollywood movies.
Some only watch bollywood movies.
Some watch both.
I only watch Hollywood movies but even in that case I prefer TV shows more than movies.

How to get rid of Indian movies in Pakistan? Simple answer is the same way we got rid of Indian dramas - by improving our local production.

PS: I personally do not like any movies in which there are dance and songs be it Indian or Pakistani. That's one of the reason many Pakistanis don't Pakistani/Indian movies.

Last edited:
So, how did Pakistanis stopped watching Indian channels and dramas? Simple answer is that we got our own channels and dramas.
Indian channels are banned. Indian entertaiment channels were available at cabel until few few years ago

Indian channels are banned. Indian entertaiment channels were available at cabel until few few years ago

I dunno about ban or no ban but Indian channels ran out of market many many years ago thanks to the tsunami of our local channels.

Ban all Indian content from the internet in Pakistan.

Put Alvi through strict de indofication program

They were banned Pakistani channels can't compete without their drama channels. Indians know how to create drama. I think this ban is the reason behind popularity of translated Turkish dramas.

Internet pa ban ho skta ha? Aap Pakistan ko north Korea banana chahtay hain kisi article main prha tha wahan sirf 3 north Korean channel chaltay Hain.

Actually, Pakistani dramas were always better than Indian dramas.
Only problem was that they were too less in numbers.
Now, with the advent of more and more channels, nobody needs or misses Indian dramas.

Internet pa ban ho skta ha? Aap Pakistan ko north Korea banana chahtay hain kisi article main prha tha wahan sirf 3 north Korean channel chaltay Hain.

Internet pe lakhon chezen PEMRA PTA ban karta hai.... Indian content ban karne se apka mulk pacific ocean me nahi chala jaega

Actually, Pakistani dramas were always better than Indian dramas.
Phir ishq mamno type drama kyon chalatay hain Pakistani channel.
Internet pe lakhon chezen PEMRA PTA ban karta hai.... Indian content ban karne se apka mulk pacific ocean me nahi chala jaega
Indian content is banned at cabel and internet pa koi dekhta ha to dekhnay do.

Phir ishq mamno type drama kyon chalatay hain Pakistani channel.

If I know it correctly, there is only one Pakistani tv channel UrduPlus or whatever who simply dub different tv serials around the world mostly Turkish and some South Korean I think. I don't watch them but I have heard from countless people that they are exceptionally good. Thats why people watch them. Also, they last longer than Pakistani dramas usually.

Meri opinion ha.

Other channels also play. Is channel ka name shayad urdu1 ha and start main yeh saray Indian dramas chalatay thay phir court na ban kya tha.

Ok.

Waisay kuch dramay/movies mashoori ki waja say bhi log dekhtay hain.

Many people dont watch hollywood movies and yet many of them have seen some of the most popular english movies like Godfather etc.

Is say koi farq nahi parta, farq regularly dekhnay say perta hai.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom