What's new

Poll | Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

Should there be a 'total ban' on Indian media in Pakistan??

• Total voters
Ideas can't be stopped: Tewari on Pakistan ban

Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari Thursday criticized a Pakistani court's order to stop the screening of Indian content on TV channels, saying that films and serials are ideas that can't be stopped.

In a tweet, Tewari said: "Pakistani jingoists should know Films & TV serials are ideas & ideas can't be barred/ banned Pak govt must remove them from negative list ASAP."

manish tiwary | PINKVILLA

Really? Do you Mr Tiwari, know that Pak TV channels are banned in India? WTF are you talking about when you say that "Films & TV serials are ideas & ideas can't be barred/ banned. Pak govt must remove them from negative list ASAP."?

Practice what you preach, Bozo! First lift the ban on Pak TV and remove it from the negative list ASAP, or just shut the fu@k up!!

didn't you know manish tiwari is a ch@tiya :coffee:
don't take him seriously

For defying court orders they need to be treated as enemy's acomplices.

'Kill the chicken to scare the monkey'

For defying court orders they need to be treated as enemy's acomplices.

'Kill the chicken to scare the monkey'
movie hi to dekh rahe hain.
they need entertainment in a SIMILAR language :D

Why do you think its a cultural threat for Pakistan? Pakistan and India share same language. I think its cultural threat for Bangladesh since Hindi is a threat for Bengali, not for Urdu. We here are so addicted with Indian shows and movies that apart from news time people here hardly watch BD channels (There are 30+ channels, all are mostly news channels) and kids and teenagers know better Hindi than Indians. I myself watch Indian shows regularly. I like Kapil Sharma's comedy show on colors :yahoo: and also like TV serials Saraswatichandra, Meri Bhabhi and Veera. :bounce: BD channels hardly have anything entertaining apart from political talk shows and news. Almost 24 hrs they show news. So audience are hooked to Indian channels. Indian channels are really saving grace for BD Tv audience who seek entertainment.

And Movies, lets not talk about it.

Why do you think its a cultural threat for Pakistan? Pakistan and India share same language. I think its cultural threat for Bangladesh since Hindi is a threat for Bengali, not for Urdu. We here are so addicted with Indian shows and movies that apart from news time people here hardly watch BD channels (There are 30+ channels, all are mostly news channels) and kids and teenagers know better Hindi than Indians. I myself watch Indian shows regularly. I like Kapil Sharma's comedy show on colors :yahoo: and also like TV serials Saraswatichandra, Meri Bhabhi and Veera. :bounce: BD channels hardly have anything entertaining apart from political talk shows and news. Almost 24 hrs they show news. So audience are hooked to Indian channels. Indian channels are really saving grace for BD Tv audience who seek entertainment.

And Movies, lets not talk about it.
do u watch bigg boss ???

Indeed!!! there should be a total ban on Indian media ... since the pakistani media can't stand competition ... "banning" seems to be the last resort ... may be they should air Turkish movies and soaps ... because Pakistanis have more cultural and physical resemblance with the Turks ....

Indeed!!! there should be a total ban on Indian media ... since the pakistani media can't stand competition ... "banning" seems to be the last resort ... may be they should air Turkish movies and soaps ... because Pakistanis have more cultural and physical resemblance with the Turks ....

I can talk about my country. We banned Indian films due to not able compete with bollywood films with our C grade stuffs. So we have to ban it to save a film industry. Its not for cultural aggression. BD produces enough semi-**** and **** films to say that. Bollywood films like Murder is far family movie than a semi **** Mallu style BD film.

This is a recently released BD film. 'Dabaang' :agree:

images

I can talk about my country. We banned Indian films due to not able compete with bollywood films with our C grade stuffs. So we have to ban it to save a film industry. Its not for cultural aggression. BD produces enough semi-**** and **** films to say that. Bollywood films like Murder is far family movie than a semi **** Mallu style BD film.

This is a recently released BD film. 'Dabaang' :agree:

images

ok i have seen some of them :P

though your natoks are pretty good

You must ban all Indian media all films and shows. Destroy the posters of bollywood stars. Anybody caught watching printing promoting Indian media should be fined or imprisoned. You need to promote your own media cultural only...if you want to make it better place nation...

Lahore: A Pakistani court today stopped the Central Censor Board from issuing clearance certificates to "illegally" imported Indian movies.

Justice Khalid Mahmood of the Lahore High Court issued the direction to the Central Censor Board's chairman in response to a petition filed by controversial TV talk show host Mubashir Lucman, a former film producer known for his anti-India stance, and a dozen others.

Mahmood also sought a reply from the federal government and the Censor Board's chairman in two weeks.

Since the petition was filed by members of the Pakistani film industry last month, the High Court has imposed restrictions on the screening of Indian films and laid down conditions for their release.

The court earlier directed authorities to strictly implement a ban on screening "films made in India".

During today's hearing, the judge observed that films made in India could not be screened in Pakistan as they are on the "negative list" of the Import Policy 2013.

Under Pakistani rules, only Bollywood films shot outside India can be imported into the country.

However, these rules were rarely enforced and Indian movies were screened in Pakistan within days of their domestic release.

The petitioners contended that under the Motion Picture Act, no film made in Indian territory can be exhibited in Pakistan.

They claimed at least 213 Indian movies were exhibited since 2006 after obtaining certificates from the Central Censor Board on the basis of "fake documents".

The petitioners sought action against importers of these Indian films on charges of smuggling and asked the court to restrain the Censor Board from issuing certificates for such movies.

Indian movies have largely fuelled a boom at the Pakistani box office after former military ruler Pervez Musharraf eased restrictions on their import in 2006. The screening of Indian movies was banned by Pakistan after the 1965 war but pirated copies of films were widely available across the country.

KARACHI: Pakistani authorities have stopped issuing "No-Objection Certificates" for the screening of Indian films, holding up the release of new movies like 'Gunday' and 'Hasee Toh Phasee'.

The Federal Information and Broadcasting Ministry has told distributors and exhibitors of Indian films that it is processing new laws and regulations and NOCs will not be issued till these are approved by the federal cabinet.

Nawab Siddiqui, one of Pakistan's leading distributors and exhibitors who runs the Atrium Cineplex in Karachi, said authorities stopped the screening of Indian movies last month.

"The whole process has just been stopped and we couldn't get NOCs for new films like 'Gunday' and 'Hasee Toh Phasee', which were eagerly anticipated in our cinemas," he said.

Siddiqui said the cinema and catering industries stood to lose millions of rupees they had invested in cineplexes and malls after the government's decision in 2006 to allow the screening of Indian films.

"Investors and business groups are very worried because they have invested millions of rupees while new parties are willing to channel investment, but now everything is at a standstill for the last few weeks as no new Indian films have been released," he said.

After the 1965 war with India, Pakistan barred the screening of Indian films for nearly four decades and this gave rise to rampant piracy.
"Pakistan stops issuing NOCs for screening of Indian films irony is that pirated copies of 'Gunday' are being aired on cable across Karachi but it can't be shown legally in cinemas," said the manager of Capri cinema.

Siddiqui, who works with the oldest distribution company Mandviwallas, said the screening of Indian films had fuelled the revival of the cinema industry in Pakistan.

Pakistan stops issuing NOCs for screening of Indian films

Simple answer is no. Once they ban such things, they start to create more fear of the other side of the border. Media is helping both sides of the border come together and realize that they're not so different after all.

If anything, Indian media outlets should be allowed to operate in Pakistan equally as Pakistani media (though, I do think there should be regulations put in place for foreign programs).

Back
Top Bottom