What's new

Poll: Causes of Late Marriages in Pakistan

What is/are the major cause(s) of Late Marriages in Pakistan??

• Unrealistic expectations (Rich guy/ Gorgeous girl etc)

• Financial Reasons/Inflation

• People are not ready or don't want to marry early

• Societal pressure

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PhD degree in something interesting, or a rank of Major or above
  2. Good at dancing
  3. Good at cooking
  4. Good at poetry
  5. Speaks languages
  6. Not lazy
  7. Athletic
  8. Have style
  9. Have manners
  10. Good looks

There is nothing wrong with later marriage. By later I mean not later than early 30s. Ideally you want a society with higher education and more female work force participation. By the time they get married both parties should be economically secure. Also later marriage means less children. Ideally 2-4. Quality over quantity. And it all boils to having a happy/content life.

The idea that people get married n late teens or earlier belongs to another era. A era where diseases stalked the land. Many children died in earlier years. Life expextancy was short. In this brutal, hard life savage nature ruled. Thus the natural survival formula existed. Get married in your teens. Shag, shag. Make babies after babies. The poor female was just a baby making machine. By churning out so many kids you were assured that some would survive. This akin to cats who give litter every year. But by spawning such numbers it ensures survival of the species.

This type of life had nothing great about it. It's easy for us guys to say "motherhood is blessing". In the real world women would wear out their bodies by 30. Us men don't appreciate what a woman goes through for nine months.

Today we can thank god we are out of this savage existence akin to animals breeding like rats. So we live in a age where females can have a life. As I as father of a daughter fully support the right of women across the word to have a full, happy, fulifilling life and chase their dreams like men do.

And by the way this trend is seen across the globe. The more savage the environment you will see early marriage and high birth rates. But as life improves and society becomes prosperous choices become available. With it marriage age begins to increase as well as reduction in fertility rates. Rat breeding culture begins to wane.
It could be later but there is scientific evidence of increased risks to the pregnancy etc.
Education and earning can also be done after marriage. As for the children, contraceptives and birth control pills are easily and cheaply available, we are not living in 16th century. A couple marrying in their early 20's can easily delay child birth until their late 20's while focus on education and career.

Love and sexual intimacy come under basic physical and physiological needs of a human being. Lack of it for a long time result in severe psychological problems such as loneliness, anxiety etc.

Education and earning can also be done after marriage. As for the children, contraceptives and birth control pills are easily and cheaply available, we are not living in 16th century. A couple marrying in their early 20's can easily delay child birth until their late 20's while focus on education and career.

Love and sexual intimacy come under basic physical and physiological needs of a human being. Lack of it for a long time result in severe psychological problems such as loneliness, anxiety etc.

Basic Aazadana answer
Pen di siri shadi ki jadeed rasam
Dulha dulhan ne sex krna h unka maqsad h sex krna, unko ni frq prta thoray log ayn ya sb aa jyn jinko bulaya h

Dulhan ko hot and beautiful pics cheye bs
Insta py wtsapp py facebook py display hona cheye bs g mere shadi kitni heavy hui h, me b ema watson hon is function ki

Music lga hua h ziada awaz me, logon ki baton ki awaz b bht ziada h, agr music bnd ho jay to b hm sb ek dusry k kanon ko kharab kr dn gy

Confused Nation

"I wrote this pragraph At a wedding as an observation"

Ultimately it is a personal choice. Only the wearer knows what shoe fits. If that is what the couple want best of luck to them.

There is nothing wrong with later marriage. By later I mean not later than early 30s. Ideally you want a society with higher education and more female work force participation. By the time they get married both parties should be economically secure. Also later marriage means less children. Ideally 2-4. Quality over quantity. And it all boils to having a happy/content life.

The idea that people get married n late teens or earlier belongs to another era. A era where diseases stalked the land. Many children died in earlier years. Life expextancy was short. In this brutal, hard life savage nature ruled. Thus the natural survival formula existed. Get married in your teens. Shag, shag. Make babies after babies. The poor female was just a baby making machine. By churning out so many kids you were assured that some would survive. This akin to cats who give litter every year. But by spawning such numbers it ensures survival of the species.

This type of life had nothing great about it. It's easy for us guys to say "motherhood is blessing". In the real world women would wear out their bodies by 30. Us men don't appreciate what a woman goes through for nine months.

Today we can thank god we are out of this savage existence akin to animals breeding like rats. So we live in a age where females can have a life. As I as father of a daughter fully support the right of women across the word to have a full, happy, fulifilling life and chase their dreams like men do.

And by the way this trend is seen across the globe. The more savage the environment you will see early marriage and high birth rates. But as life improves and society becomes prosperous choices become available. With it marriage age begins to increase as well as reduction in fertility rates. Rat breeding culture begins to wane.
It could be later but there is scientific evidence of increased risks to the pregnancy etc.
Mohtram, late marriages only works in society where tapa tap tapa tap isn’t criminalized. I.e. western countries. Otherwise, you will have a society of desperate Pervs, jerk off and extremest and homosexual. Tarqi tu nhi honi, rape aur aggression increase go jana hy.
i say good on for people who choose their partners in university/work place. Atleast they dont have to endure the toxic system that is the rishta culture. They marry the people they have understanding with instead of rishta aunties deciding who is good enough and who isnt.
Point.
As a girl I have noticed that boys themselves are quite flexible. They dont have much problem with girls being their age or not “gori” enough. Its their family demanding way too much. Mothers/sisters demanding gori larki for their brothers and must be 7-8 years younger.
Cuz their judgement is clouded by tapa tap tapa tap, family want younger age girl that they can control, instead of girl controlling their Munda. Her banda apna fida dekta hy

Last edited:
Late marriages produce a climate of sexual repression. I was amazed when I heard that female backpackers found Muslim countries more risky, now I understand why.

Either you have a western type society, or early marriages. I don't see how a muslim society with late marriages can work.

Last edited:
As a society we need to make a few changes to enable earlier marriages.

1. We need to stop pushing non academic students down the academic route. At the age of 14 (9th class in my opinion), if you are not showing academic ability, your classes should be cut to reinforcing your Urdu, English, Maths, science and basic IT all crammed into 2 days of school a week. Instead of doing humanities, social studies, religious studies etc - you should spend the other 3 days learning a vocational trade, so we have a skilled workforce. At 16 years old you should be spending 1 day a week training and 4 days a week working. At 18 years old you should be fully trained and experienced in a vocation and able to either earn a decent wage with a company or open your own business/work self employed.

2. Those who are academic and go to university should work part time during weekends, breaks, evenings. Each undergraduate should work a 6 month unpaid internship before the final year of their degree course. Each univeristy course should have a course long module training people in basic work place skills and etiquttes. We need our graduates to have an understanding of the workplace and work experience so they can hit the ground running.

3. We need to teach all of our children, male and female to cook, clean, iron, do basic household maintenance, navigate from place to place, grocery shop, pay bills. They need to know what is involved in the running of a household.

We have to generate young men and women ready to start in life, rather than manchilds and spoiled brats. Only then can they get married young, stand on their own two feet and make sensible decisions.

Once they are ready - we need to shoot dead anyone who uses the words "log kya kahen ge". Keep shooting until those words are never uttered in our country again.

As a society we need to make a few changes to enable earlier marriages.

1. We need to stop pushing non academic students down the academic route. At the age of 14 (9th class in my opinion), if you are not showing academic ability, your classes should be cut to reinforcing your Urdu, English, Maths, science and basic IT all crammed into 2 days of school a week. Instead of doing humanities, social studies, religious studies etc - you should spend the other 3 days learning a vocational trade, so we have a skilled workforce. At 16 years old you should be spending 1 day a week training and 4 days a week working. At 18 years old you should be fully trained and experienced in a vocation and able to either earn a decent wage with a company or open your own business/work self employed.

2. Those who are academic and go to university should work part time during weekends, breaks, evenings. Each undergraduate should work a 6 month unpaid internship before the final year of their degree course. Each univeristy course should have a course long module training people in basic work place skills and etiquttes. We need our graduates to have an understanding of the workplace and work experience so they can hit the ground running.

3. We need to teach all of our children, male and female to cook, clean, iron, do basic household maintenance, navigate from place to place, grocery shop, pay bills. They need to know what is involved in the running of a household.

We have to generate young men and women ready to start in life, rather than manchilds and spoiled brats. Only then can they get married young, stand on their own two feet and make sensible decisions.

Once they are ready - we need to shoot dead anyone who uses the words "log kya kahen ge". Keep shooting until those words are never uttered in our country again.

Some worthless idiot deleted my valuable post, just because it was hard for him to comprehend. :mad::butcher:

I am 25, doing MS, working for a Special Unit of Police, Software Engineer, and freelancer. I was approved by girls parents in first 5 minutes, but I decided that i will never marry in my life, because it is too much commitment. In return i will get nothing but more demands. It is much better to use energies/time for CSS or/and Artificial Intelligence.

i thought its personal matter pf people they marry or not to marry or marry late it should be personal choice
I am 25, doing MS, working for a Special Unit of Police, Software Engineer, and freelancer. I was approved by girls parents in first 5 minutes, but I decided that i will never marry in my life, because it is too much commitment. In return i will get nothing but more demands. It is much better to use energies/time for CSS or/and Artificial Intelligence.
if my life go back i will never marry sir . even i am living happily marred and have 0 issue with my family . TBH its not worth sir .

i thought its personal matter pf people they marry or not to marry or marry late it should be personal choice

Then why do the government need 4 witnesses for a personal matter?

I think in your attempt to liberate your village, you have your rhines crossed.

Even lower income households spend at least 1-2 million PKR on their wedding just bcz they want a lavish one. It doesnt matter they spend entire saving of parents. I had a very simple and a private wedding but as a result recieved only curses and abuse from faimly. Every one expects you to spend it like its haram da maal. More than monetary expectations we need to fix social issues here expecting you have lavish weddings.

I told my dad that this is my saving and i will spend it from here. I expressly told him no jahaiz or expensive stuff as jahaiz under guise of gifts. Now a days instead of Jahaiz people have new name that girls faimly has to give wedding gifts to girl. Ganda tareen muashara hai hamara.

Back
Top Bottom