What's new

Poll: Causes of Late Marriages in Pakistan

What is/are the major cause(s) of Late Marriages in Pakistan??

• Unrealistic expectations (Rich guy/ Gorgeous girl etc)

• Financial Reasons/Inflation

• People are not ready or don't want to marry early

• Societal pressure

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
The average age of marriage seems to be increasing gradually for both men and women. Mid to late thirties for men and late twenties for women has become a norm typically in urban areas of Pakistan. Well there are many reasons as listed in poll but in my opinion the unrealistic expectations both from the guy and girl's side is the root cause for this unnecessary delay in marriages.

Please vote and share your thoughts...!

The main problem is lack of COMMON-SENSE in people which then leads to unrealistic expectations. Let me elaborate. The girl's family these days ask for;
-the boy needs to be WELL SETTLED and earning GOOD money at a GOOD POST.
-the boy needs to be HIGHLY EDUCATED.
-the boy needs to be RICH
-the boy needs to be SELF MADE so that he is NOT under the influence of his MOM and DAD.
-most important - THE BOY NEEDS TO BE YOUNG

Now here is the biggest problem - the boy gets a Master degree in Engineering or gets an MBBS and then tries to specilise in surgery (as an example), then goes through the work experience process, and finally progresses to a good role, HE IS ALREADY IN HIS EARLY 30s TO MID-30s. But then these idiots say "Oh the Boy is TOO OLD, our girl is only 20 or 22 or 25".

This is one example of idiotic and ludicrous behavior of a lot of Pakistani families who seem to be deprived of critical thinking skills. There are dozens of other such example, where people's behaviors, their expectations, etc . are nothing short of ludicrous.

Last edited:
Then why do the government need 4 witnesses for a personal matter?

I think in your attempt to liberate your village, you have your rhines crossed.
man even in liberal socialites marriage done in church or court ap bhi ab neechy a jao thora :lol:

Instead of doing humanities, social studies, religious studies etc

Humanities and social studies are important if taught the right way. Look at India where "education" is mostly transferring half-hearted technical skills so that a job can be had so that marriage can be done so that the drone-like Indian birth and death cycle can be continued.

If 350,000+ farmer suicides in India just between 1995 and 2015 because of socio-economic reasons does not elicit criticism for the system by the "educated" middle class population it is because a proper inclusion of humanities and social studies was not done in the education system. The awaam is either not born to be questioning nor trained to be. Hence the chaotic, dog-eat-dog culture of much of India.

Also, students commit suicide during their student time mainly because of socio-economic pressure by their family and their school or college. But most of the other students are not evolved enough to question their fellow-student's suicide. Again this is because properly-developed humanities and social studies are not part of the education system.

Yar Banda Kia Shaadi kry. Shaadi se pehle usne make sure krna hota Hy Kay pehle behno ki Shadia nipat jay.

Usky baad us se pehle demand Hoti Hy Kay Ghar banao, ni to atleast room with attach bath banao. Pir 8-10 Yola Sona arrange kro for bride. Pir itne paisy JAMA kro Kay 15-20 degy paka sako bryani or chicken salan ki Shaadi pe. In sab Kay ilawa b is cheez ko deka jata Hy Kay larkay ki permanent job hone chaahye. Ye to tha coin Ka aik taraf.

Now come to female side.
Umooman mangni teen age me ho jati but Shaadi me 4-5 sal lag jaty due the above reasons. Ya pir larky waly ready b ho to larki waly ready ni hoty qunky Uno be furniture arrange krna hota, 25-30 suit Lene hoty larki Kay, pir larky walo ki family Kay tamaam logo Kay lye suits wagera, dulhan Kay lye maiky Ka sony Ka set ... In sab Kay ilawa upar se aaj kal Punjab or urban Sindh side me dulhy ki taraf se motorcycle ya gaadi ki demand as jati. Ye sab na b ho to agar Kisi ne aik beti ki Shaadi kra Di to wo agly 3 Saal tak dosre beti ki Shaadi krane Kay qabil ni rehta...

These are the reasons why marriages are late now. Zina krne jao to 200 tak ki mil jati, Jaga ki b tension ni Hoti . Or Shaadi Ka Sochi to ye sab jhanjhat aaty zehn me.

This is becoming poison for society. We needs to get back to Islam. Loneliness is most scary thing. I am going through it and it's scary as hell. And it is getting darker and darker.

Your opinions or 'points' are inconsistent and thus should be in whatever category.

How is the drive against AIDs and STDs working out in your village?
in this term your 99% of posts should be in stupid and funny thread boss :rolleyes1:

This is becoming poison for society. We needs to get back to Islam. Loneliness is most scary thing. I am going through it and it's scary as hell. And it is getting darker and darker.

A society in which the majority of young people are unmarried is an unhealthy society.

I voted that the reason for late marriage was unreleastic expectations.

Western media, and the rise of fast dopamine providing videos and media is destroying masculinity, healthy relationships and taking bond of marriage out of the community

The media brings attractive women and men to the forefront of young people’s minds, and gives everyone high standards. This way, people have looks and status logically ingrained into their heads when they think of relationships.

It’s a well known fact that happy marriages reduces adultery/pre marital sex etc etc. Nowadays, people are posting how “happy” their relationships seem to be, even though this may not be so. This is leading to an increase in dissatisfaction between spouses and breaking the bonds of marriage.

All in all, it’s a political to destroy the “old” ideas of marriage and to create a society that is highly sexualised, full of unholiness and cowardice.
The groups organising these agendas are distracting these generations with utter nonsense “so that the real men can get down to business”. The rich will only get richer, and the lower classes will descend into delusion, inhumane actions and become a moral less group, ultimately leading to the arrival of the Mahdi. As Dr Strange once said: “we’re in the endgame now”

As Salahuddin Ayyubi once said: “If you want to destroy a nation without war, normalise adultery and nudity among its youth”

As a girl I have noticed that boys themselves are quite flexible. They dont have much problem with girls being their age or not “gori” enough. Its their family demanding way too much. Mothers/sisters demanding gori larki for their brothers and must be 7-8 years younger.
Do agree .
Larki walo ki demands bhi bohot hoti

I voted that the reason for late marriage was unreleastic expectations.

Western media, and the rise of fast dopamine providing videos and media is destroying masculinity, healthy relationships and taking bond of marriage out of the community

The media brings attractive women and men to the forefront of young people’s minds, and gives everyone high standards. This way, people have looks and status logically ingrained into their heads when they think of relationships.

It’s a well known fact that happy marriages reduces adultery/pre marital sex etc etc. Nowadays, people are posting how “happy” their relationships seem to be, even though this may not be so. This is leading to an increase in dissatisfaction between spouses and breaking the bonds of marriage.

All in all, it’s a political to destroy the “old” ideas of marriage and to create a society that is highly sexualised, full of unholiness and cowardice.
The groups organising these agendas are distracting these generations with utter nonsense “so that the real men can get down to business”. The rich will only get richer, and the lower classes will descend into delusion, inhumane actions and become a moral less group, ultimately leading to the arrival of the Mahdi. As Dr Strange once said: “we’re in the endgame now”

As Salahuddin Ayyubi once said: “If you want to destroy a nation without war, normalise adultery and nudity among its youth”

What is this "unholiness and cowardice" in current society ? Do you mean a mullah-led "pious" society produces Che Guevaras, Muammar Gaddafis and Elon Musks ?

Back
Top Bottom